ForumsSupport ForumSupport Points

68 7671
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Support Points are in way your exact standings on the site. Every user start with 50 points and can get up 100 points.

100 SP- AG Gaurdian, has special priveledges, is a respected member. other benefits
0 SP-banned, this self explantory

Support points reflect what you do on the site
-s
1.spam
2.Flaming
3.Necroposting
4.Trolling
5.Vague post, comments
Anything that harms the site.

+s
1.Helpful Posts
2.Making unique and high quality suggestions
3. Being an active member.
4. Following rules.

Will add more, suggestions will be taken and can be made here.
[b]I know this may increase spam but it will be temporary and people will soon learn unless they want to loose all their SP and get banned.

• 68 Replies
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I know about 12 sites who uses this. It is abused though. Make many accounts to do it. That is why you should add a requirement to be able to fame or requirements.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I brought this up a while ago under community ranking, but I guess it was underdeveloped and bad timing since I got 0 responses.

Yes well I've brought this up also, tons of people have, pretty sure I did it before you though.
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Your idea is pretty much the classic Fame power. It is one of those things that all the sites have. As we all know by now if we are the old members is that Armor Games does not want to look like copiers of a site. This is still a very smart idea Drognor. It might even be good enough for Armor Games not to care it's cliche and use it.

I don't know of any site that uses this, and I still don't think we shouldn't use just because other sites use. Every though there might be a reason why other site use it?
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I know about 12 sites who uses this. It is abused though. Make many accounts to do it. That is why you should add a requirement to be able to fame or requirements.

You can't do a thing here with multiple accounts except avoid being banned, but its quite simple to code no duplicate accounts from the same IP address.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Yeah Man, maybe say this in a nice way? It's like Maple Story. You can get more fame if your more loved. It's not like merits Man. It's in the view of a Role Model way. Someone who is fun, can post intelligent comments unlike yours Mr Freeze, and who may have been here for a long time.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

This would make the site WAAAAYYYYYY TOOO DAMN STRICT. People would post 5 paragraph posts, and all the time would try to get more SP. NO. NO. NO. I hate this idea.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

This would make the site WAAAAYYYYYY TOOO **** STRICT. People would post 5 paragraph posts, and all the time would try to get more SP. NO. NO. NO. I hate this idea.

Hey,no ones says you need to have tons of SP, this just encourages good behavior, is that so bad, after all you'd to spam a LOT to get banned.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Look, guys.

Every suggestion has problems. Don't spend all your time pointing them out. You can compliment, you know.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

"Yes, soandso, I think that is a great idea."

You can still be expressing yourself Mr Freeze. Your looking at this in the all strict way. Look at it in my point of view. You can see what it seems like in my post about this. Uh, I already did compliment Firetail so can I criticize a little now?
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Yeah, but we'd all be zombies:

"Yes, soandso, I think that is a great idea." Posts like that would be everywhere. Frankly, I like the balance of spammers, normal people, and moderators. It's what makes the community fun for me.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

No you don't have to be zombies disagreeing is option, and just normal good posting could eventually get you to guardian rank, its not that hard really.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Well, Mr.Greyback. Do you want a million role models running around? Million zombies who just post like goody two shoes? Even moderators have fun! And with SP, there would no mods because all of them spam every once in a while. So that's why I hate this idea. SP would become the main aim for people and the site would lose all of its fun.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Not in a goody two shoe way. Just not super cruel but not all perfect like. Like what I do all the time. It's nice but it has humor in it all the time.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Expressing yourself like a goody two shoe, that is, Mr.Greyback. I REALLY don't like this idea. And that's my opinion.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think we are getting off-topic, unless you are talking about support points using zombies.

Showing 16-30 of 68