ForumsSupport ForumSupport Points

68 7672
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Support Points are in way your exact standings on the site. Every user start with 50 points and can get up 100 points.

100 SP- AG Gaurdian, has special priveledges, is a respected member. other benefits
0 SP-banned, this self explantory

Support points reflect what you do on the site
-s
1.spam
2.Flaming
3.Necroposting
4.Trolling
5.Vague post, comments
Anything that harms the site.

+s
1.Helpful Posts
2.Making unique and high quality suggestions
3. Being an active member.
4. Following rules.

Will add more, suggestions will be taken and can be made here.
[b]I know this may increase spam but it will be temporary and people will soon learn unless they want to loose all their SP and get banned.

• 68 Replies
williamrmck
williamrmck
68 posts
Nomad

Hmm, Dank, Moegreche, and Carlie are on. I guess they haven't seen this thread.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

This is a pretty good idea, but I can't ever see it working. The only way we could maintain such a system is to have the moderators award or remove the SP from users depending on their actions which would be nearly impossible for us to manage.
Things like getting merits, giving helping advice, and being a solid member of the AG community will earn you the respect and gratitude that being a "guardian" would.
As far as guardians having certain abilities like locking threads or whatever - this would never ever happen. If we were to decide to hand out powers and such, it's not that much more to make someone a moderator.
So it's a very cool idea but there would be no trustworthy way to automate an SP award system.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Well then that's that. =(

williamrmck
williamrmck
68 posts
Nomad

You need more mods, whether you implement SP or not. There's not always mods on, and there should also be some way to post a place that you want to report instead of messaging one mod.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

That would just give the mods TOO much work... I mean... give and take away SP from everyone who posts on the forums is a daunting task.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Really, this would be a time-consuming thing for mods, but I definitely like the perks thing you talk about. I've been trying to get the idea of rewards besides armatars around, but noone seems to care.

SteelersFan735
SteelersFan735
112 posts
Nomad

wow thats a pretty good idea..but it would be alot of work for the mods

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a pretty good idea, but I can't ever see it working. The only way we could maintain such a system is to have the moderators award or remove the SP from users depending on their actions which would be nearly impossible for us to manage.
Things like getting merits, giving helping advice, and being a solid member of the AG community will earn you the respect and gratitude that being a "guardian" would.
As far as guardians having certain abilities like locking threads or whatever - this would never ever happen. If we were to decide to hand out powers and such, it's not that much more to make someone a moderator.
So it's a very cool idea but there would be no trustworthy way to automate an SP award system.

So much for that discussion...
Showing 61-68 of 68