ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4235804
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

hey im new to this thread but umm if you win first place do you basicly get a merit or are you just rewarded 25 points?

OH grammer is a hard one but i have sometihng in mind =D i dont know if ill be able to beat Zoph when ever she gets her new drawing O.O

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Awwww, Mazzelh are the cutest zombies ever!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Okay, thanks a bunch for submitting it Zoph, now I shall judge as soon as I get home!
W00tsicals!!
As long as you don't go 88 on us, Strop.

hey im new to this thread but umm if you win first place do you basicly get a merit or are you just rewarded 25 points?
You pretty much just get a merit in order to receive those 25 AP. Three out of my four merits are from winning this, btw... *wants more review merits*
OH grammer is a hard one but i have sometihng in mind =D i dont know if ill be able to beat Zoph when ever she gets her new drawing O.O
*smirks* Strop judges in a fair way, so it's not just the technical skill level that counts - it's more the idea and the execution of that idea. Meaning everyone with a good idea and basic drawing skills can theoretically win.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Wait, what??

Awwww, Mazzelh are the cutest zombies ever!

Zomg Carlie, did a mazzelh sneak onto my drawing while I wasn't looking?
*stares intently at entry, trying to spot it*
gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

Yea im not the best artist on the computer but with hand I think im pretty good but I don't have a camera right now. =(

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Although I am taking a vacation from AG till weekend, I can't resist posting on the arts forum. I hate getting lost in this comp. Hard to get back on track haha. Anyways that was an amazing drawing zoph and I am very glad I waited! :0) All but the perspective is awesome, I commend you for your work!

Anyways can't wait to see some judging! :P

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Omg, just had a major error in my drawing pointed out... I FORGOT THE REFLECTION OF THE NON-ZOMBIES!! D:

And I am way too tired and sick to deal with that now... You'll just have to live with it... *and a thank you to Zlug, who pointed it out to me*

Zomgwtfbbq uber fail!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Zomg Carlie, did a mazzelh sneak onto my drawing while I wasn't looking?

Lol, I meant the more human looking ones. Are the upright ones called something different? Oh man I am so out of the loop! lol.

I was referring to the one on the farthest left because of the big ears, but I guess that could be a bunny as well. Hard to tell without the skin, lol.
gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

umm im haveing trouble getting the picture on here can anyone tell me how?

Zlug
Zlug
28 posts
Nomad

I am the master of pointing out errors

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Lol, I meant the more human looking ones. Are the upright ones called something different? Oh man I am so out of the loop! lol.

I was referring to the one on the farthest left because of the big ears, but I guess that could be a bunny as well. Hard to tell without the skin, lol.
Lol, yeah, that's a bunny. XD
And the "upright" mazzelhs are usually just called anthro mazzelhs or humanoid mazzelhs. None of those on that drawing, though, that's all random furries.

I am the master of pointing out errors
Good thing you do it in a constructive way, little Zlug~

umm im haveing trouble getting the picture on here can anyone tell me how?
Camera/scanner - get image file onto your computer.
Get an account on an image hosting site, such as Photobucket.com.
Upload your image file to your album on that site.
If on Photobucket, click the Direct Link and paste that into a post here, between the img tags. Well, just click the blue Image button, and paste the Direct link into that.
Post.
That should give you your image~
You can test out if the image shows up on comments on your profile, where you are able to delete possible failed attempts and try again until you figure it out.
Best of luck with it~
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hey guys, glad you waited for Zoph, amirite?

When I got home I crashed in bed...so I'll have to do this tomorrow!

MOAR GRAMMAR PLZ.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hey guys, glad you waited for Zoph, amirite?

Yes and NO....because she's gonna beat me...

When I got home I crashed in bed...so I'll have to do this tomorrow!

Shame on you! Now check my fanart in your scrapbook thread!

KingRyan
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Think I will skip this one. Not gonna win the zombie one, so no obligations.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Think I will skip this one. Not gonna win the zombie one, so no obligations.
Awwwwwww! Why skipping it? I'm assuming you have a good reason, but...?
Showing 1726-1740 of 6854