ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4313839
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Actually, my last name is nothing close to O'RLY. But...

Me neither, but the site might have both our names associated with O'RLY. For example maybe the site schools LOLMASTER for the last names Smith, Johnson, Dribel, and such. You know what I mean? So it seems that both our last names were chosen to be O'RLY by the site! :P
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

I sort of assumed Gantic was making a reference to Felix by that lolcat thing... Because people should know Felix or something... Which I didn't... Eck, I don't know, just what I thought after Klaushouse posted the image.

I beleive the cartoon was primarily shown in America. And apparently he is a lot older than I'd espected...

On a side note, my apologies to you Klaushouse, but I saw that statement as an accusation (and sill do). As per the comments on our proflies, we can continue (or not continue) that 'conversation' if you wish.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I haven't explained my entries, but I'll make an exception for this one. It was supposed to be a composite silhouette, but apparently it ended up looking heck of a lot more like Felix. If I make the ears more pronounced (as they should be instead of going from memory), grey one side, can you see the other cat now?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/NoIntroductionNecessary2.gif

If I stretch it out a little, I can even throw in Sylvester, except the text wouldn't apply. Throw in a few more "spikes", stretch out the ears a little, you get Scratchy.

I'll end with this. You get a silhouette of a chicken in profile or something that looks like a chicken, everyone will say it's a chicken. Everyone knows what a chicken is. You draw a cooked drumstick of a turkey. What is it? Chicken.[1][2] That was Estel's turkey drumstick armatar.

http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_200_200.200_c.jpg

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I like that oneb etter Gantic but doesn't it need eyes?

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

oh i get it! its tom, tom doesnt talk, hes funny, lolcat doesnt need words, it fits!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Pacman stickman?

Can I get just one more comment on my entry if I actually beg for it? Or does no one on AG like Donald Duck and related characters enough?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Man, does people never check back a few pages. :P
Bottom of page 204, my entry~
Missed it, did you? Then you missed others too~

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

zoph at least you got some comments, i havent yet on my popeye :'(

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

deth4, I just went looking for it, I think I missed it... What page did you post it on?
Also, I liked your ninja~ But Popeye you say?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Zoph I loved your entry. Ever watch ducktales?OOOO YEAH

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq172/esuna2400/KakashiSensei.jpg
Fits rite>?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

OMG A FELLOW NARUTARD!!!

deth4: I think people haven't commented on your popeye (myself included) because we may have had difficulty seeing it. Could you post the link and see if you can embed the image again?

zophia: In my experience, unless you really whine about it, the vast majority if your epic pieces will go largely or even wholly unnoticed, and if you do whine about it, most people will feign interest to play the sympathy card, so it's just not worth it. If you can get just one comment on any piece you've done, it means that you've succeeded. Treasure that one comment.

Gantic:

Despite all its popularity, Tom and Jerry has often been criticized as excessively violent.

My mother banned my siblings and I from watching Tom and Jerry after we went bashing each other on the head with hammers as toddlers.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

My mother banned my siblings and I from watching Tom and Jerry after we went bashing each other on the head with hammers as toddlers.

You were praticing the banhamer tecnics on your siblings D8!!
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

zophia: In my experience, unless you really whine about it, the vast majority if your epic pieces will go largely or even wholly unnoticed, and if you do whine about it, most people will feign interest to play the sympathy card, so it's just not worth it. If you can get just one comment on any piece you've done, it means that you've succeeded. Treasure that one comment.
I knooow... But then there's the people who just fail to check back a page or two and doesn't realize there's any entries... Seriously, lazies...
Which reminds me of - Pedspog's, I think. Tiny picture, easy to miss. But nice.

You were praticing the banhamer tecnics on your siblings D8!!
So that's why he's so good at it!! D8

... Why are there only one moderator with a drawn self... *pout*
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well, not to worry, I post every legit entry at the end of each round, and people will almost certainly look at that!

I can tell you I have a lumpy head from all that bashing!

Showing 1906-1920 of 6854