ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4272996
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Gantic didn't just steal that from felix the cat right, drew it yourself? Not accusing just wondering!

By asking that you are accusing. And if you compare the images they aren't even the same.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

The circle is Scaled 10.00 Paintbrush Circle (19) (21 x 21).
The pointy stuff is a path wit hsix anchors on a new layer.
Selection.
Stroke.
Merged with the circle.
Duplicated.
Flipped left to right.
Merged.

The long slightly curved side at the top next to the ears is tangential to the circle.

Took all of about 2 minutes.

Haha alright, Love felix anyways.

By asking that you are accusing. And if you compare the images they aren't even the same.

Umm. No. Not at all, first of all I am asking because it is felix the cat, and wanted to just make sure. I had no intention of calling him out as a cheater, nor did I think it was stolen, just wanted confirmation. And secondly the silhouette is the same, please refrain from making stupid comments, thanks.
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

I'll respond to that on your proflie...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,I put something together real quick and this is what I came up with.I am losing count of how many of my entries have no background by now,but this will add to that list.Anyways...

The Day Yeti Discovered Child Cartoon Characters on Her New T.V.
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/CabbagePatchYeti-1.gif

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Weeee, entries are coming in!!
And I still have no effing clue what to draw for it, because I lost my original idea!!
Oh wait. I JUST GOT A NEW ONE!!!! *scampers off*

Nice work though, Gantic and crimsonblade.
I do not recall having heard about that cat before...

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I'd accustom that to the fact that we are both Kevin and we probably share a similar name or a name that is connotative to O'RLY!

Actually, my last name is nothing close to O'RLY. But...

Very nice crimsonblade, haha I love the expressions on their faces.
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

KIRBY TIME!

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq211/Owen135731/armorgamescartooncompetitionkirb-2.jpg

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol I am loving the ending there owen, nice!

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

did you guys see my popeye? i dont think i posted it right....

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

its on 203. how do you post images into the forum?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well deth you used the right code to post your image,but not the right URL.In photobucket there is a thing called a direct link.You need to use the direct link to the image in order to properly post it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'm just gonna say I spent five friggin hours past my bedtime on this because I was inspired and then go to sleep... So uhm, yeah.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Duckstyle.jpg
Some credit to Keno Don Hugo Rosa for having made amazing drawings I could use for reference.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hm, bit of a misunderstanding on page 203:

There's a distinction to be made between a violation of intellectual property rights and the flat out stealing of an image in this case. So here's my judgment on that:

* The silhouette as Klaus posted is not the same silhouette as Gantic posted: if you note some of the dimensions are different.

* However either by some freakish coincident or design, the silhouette does appear to be of the same character i.e. Felix the Cat.

* However (again), given the lack of defining features I am not willing to assume that the silhouette that Gantic has drawn is of Felix the Cat. This has to be done on a case-by-case basis but even as awesome as Felix the Cat is, it would be unfair to formally declare that Gantic's picture is that of Felix the Cat. It's still okay to draw comparisons though!

* That said, Klaushouse's first post is perfectly legitimate (props for spotting, I would be curious too). This is an internet forum: Even insinuations are not accusations unless explicitly stated.

* Furthermore Gantic's response was perfectly appropriate- if an artist feels any need to justify their work, an explanation of the process will generally suffice, if there is sufficient background and is feasible enough. Again, this is up to discretion of the mods/administration of the site.

Hope that clears things up.

In other news, if you are drawing somebody else's character, it never hurts to cite the appropriate copyrights and trademarks. It's a good habit to start so I highly recommend people do that here.

Also, zoph, that is friggen jaw-droppingly amazing. But aside from the clothes, I could never figure out which one was Huey, which one was Duey, and which one was Louie!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh, one more thing:

Even insinuations are not accusations unless explicitly stated.

Further to this, if one is explicitly stating that they are not making an accusation, it is considered a rare form of etiquette to actually take that at face value.

Because this is a rare, civilised forum, I will be enforcing this standard of etiquette.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I sort of assumed Gantic was making a reference to Felix by that lolcat thing... Because people should know Felix or something... Which I didn't... Eck, I don't know, just what I thought after Klaushouse posted the image.

Also, zoph, that is friggen jaw-droppingly amazing. But aside from the clothes, I could never figure out which one was Huey, which one was Duey, and which one was Louie!
Thanks! ^w^ And me neither, but it rarely ever matters with those guys~ I think Donald is the only one who is able to tell them apart, with his amazing eye for details and such... *is more or less a donaldist*
Showing 1891-1905 of 6854