ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4248110
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

New to english it would seem. :P

The theme this week snake, is cartoons. Your drawing has to do something with a cartoon.

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

so you calling me stupid just because it don't know which theme it is?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

No, he is simply informing you of something you should have known by reading the opening post and the title of the thread.

If you wish to post images you've made that does not go under the theme of the contest, feel free to make your own thread. As long as you only post your own images, photos and/or drawings.

Your images are pretty. They just don't fit the current theme.

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

thx zophia first i thought he was insulting me ( Some things just need to be clearer in my head) I sometimes to get the other persons meaning sometimes so it makes it kinda hard to get a long with me

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

ok keep on with the creations i didn't mean to slow it down

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

no entries?!
ive' yet to see any,mind if you could put up a link so that i can see at least one?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Sssssnnaakke:
I don't think it was you who slowed it down, there's just no entries coming in. :/

@shermzx:
Deth4
Ricador
kingryan

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

i cant wasit till i win! when is the contest over?

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

* wait

anyway, ricador shouldnt spongebob be like smoking crack? it says the stress of the show cracked spongebob

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/NoIntroductionNecessary.gif

I'm sure everyone is working on theirs. But maybe its just that there doesn't seem to be much leeway with this theme. Something always shows up... eventually... right before the judging.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Thats cool Gantic like the way you based it on lolcat =)

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Thats cool Gantic like the way you based it on lolcat =)

No... I don't think that was it. Not many users are old enough to know that cat.

Anywhoo... Bat>Cat please?
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp151/Pedspog/ArtComp/th_Batman.jpg
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Gantic didn't just steal that from felix the cat right, drew it yourself? Not accusing just wondering! :P

http://www.members.shaw.ca/kcic1/gifs/felixhead.gif

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo136/deth4/?action=view&current=POPeye.jpg

i made a popeye! took 2 days, 8 hours between each day. did a lot of erasing. i didnt steal it, but i did use a picture to guide me. all hand drawn in MS paint

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The circle is Scaled 10.00 Paintbrush Circle (19) (21 x 21).
The pointy stuff is a path wit hsix anchors on a new layer.
Selection.
Stroke.
Merged with the circle.
Duplicated.
Flipped left to right.
Merged.

The long slightly curved side at the top next to the ears is tangential to the circle.

Took all of about 2 minutes.

Showing 1876-1890 of 6854