ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4305339
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Is that what GOG looked like?

I never saw it.

Yep, that's how it looked. I remember cause I used to know games of gondor, I never knew it was Armor Games though thought they disappeared! I loved that place! :P
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

so armorgames used to be games of gondor?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

so armor games used to be games of gondor?

yes,I think they got sued though and had t change their name,but I never saw that site.Of course I can barely remember the original AG site itself that was made after Games of Gondor.It really has been quite awhile,since this was taken hasn't it?Anyways that was interesting to see.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

ARRGGGHHH! MUST...DO....LAST...MINUTE...ENTRY....

When I think of nostalgia...I think of many a things that are past. One thing that I think of to do with AG is all of the times at the start of the year...when the new site first came up. I never took any screenshots of these times so I can't really use them as an entry...therefore...I give you this:

Week 2 - AG Game Characters - GFX Art Battles

2nd Place - KingRyan

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/sheep-1.jpg

I didn't enter the first round...and surprisingly there were only three entries to this round. This round ended on the 8th July...about six months ago.

Back on the topic of nostalgia...I could think of many other things related to the topic of AG. Switchfoots switch, the chat, the coming and going of my friends until I gave up making an effort to befriend people. The gradual influx of spammy members. The breaking of the 100,000 and 50,000 member marks, the first Gold Knight. Battling with my friends to reach Knight. Things like that.

KingRyan

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

You forgot a thing, kingryan. The times where topics were actually discussed by people who read them, and not just smothered with random bypassers...

I sense a DM to Klaus for using just a screeny... But interesting it is.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh look, I have an entry...
Double posting it, because Photoshop decided to hate me, and wouldn't let me save it with the right colours... No idea why, tried to get around it... And the screenshot blurs the lines of the figure... So both. You judge which one look best.
Anyway.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Allisgone.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Allisgone-1.jpg

I could have gone in many directions with nostalgia... There's a great deal of things of the past that I long back to, but they all have this feeling in common... Being left alone in the cold, with whatever have replaced them or just the empty void they leave...

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Hmm Zophia, I have to say I like the bottom one better... the colors are more vivid, especially on the green guy. :P

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I like the upper one better, more sharp and cooler. :3

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

And those two comments very much prove why I am so annoyed with my program - it had the sharpness of the upper and the vivid colours of the lower. But nooo, it wouldn't save that...
Just imagine a blended version of those two, plz?

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I just did.

Darn you Zoph!

You just made me smile!

ugh.

Now I have to go frownify myself again...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I made you smile? My skills of inducing depression are failing. I wonder how to get them to work again.
So cold...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And now it is here...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

You forgot a thing, kingryan. The times where topics were actually discussed by people who read them, and not just smothered with random bypassers...
\\

Yeh I know....that was the thing that made the Art, Music and Writing forums the only place I post most of the time...

I also forgot to mention the Beta site...and the old archives there...and when it got hacked and exposed.

KingRyan
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Deadline: Wednesday December 17th

Wednesday...I do these last minute entries and they turn out to not be last minute anymore...thats SO NOT FAIR!

Kingryan
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Uh, guys, by the way.

Screenies are actually not considered actual entries as there is no evidence of original input, bahahaha >

Showing 2116-2130 of 6854