ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4142264
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Resolutions.. To decide. /blah

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Gantic I will decipher your box some how.I promise you and also I would have never guessed that a ring would represent wealth.If it were money then that would have been different.I will look further into this today.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK(sorry for double post...again)I think this art is all based on some sort of psychological tehory made or possibly just thought of by this man.

Sigmund Freud

This would explain everything he has been saying to us about how we figured out things in our dreams and such.It seems some or many of his theories were based on the unconscious mind and peoples dreams.I am starting to wonder how it all adds up,but I'm sure he has a point to it all.

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

[IMG]http://i408.photobucket

Im still not to sure on how to do the image thing but I think i have done it right =)

This picture is of something I learned in health class =) its about eating disorders

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

oh sorry for the double post but i rememberd how (i think)

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp162/gameingkid/artcontest.jpg

This picture is of something I learned in health class =) its about eating disorders

I hope i did it right!

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

@Gantic
*breaks down and cries from extreme confusion* Dang, I have been confused about things for almost the entire day. Haha. But what Cenere said on page 245 makes a ton of sense to me. So, I'm voting he figures it out first.

@Gamingkid
I'm not sure I want to know why you don't want to take any more laxatives. I for one try to stay away from bowel movement enhancers.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm @ Gantic's entry.
Fundamental opposites, cannot have both at once (in the sense of either one or the other), something like choosing between that or the other.
Active - passive. New Year Resolutions is about chosing one over the other, to right one's wrongs, to be the opposite. If you are drinking, then you want to stop, if your are fat, you will try go get slim, always trying to be the opposite of what you are, på often the outcome ends up to be null. You cannot drastically change, not many can do that. It is like rolling a dice, either you atchieve your goal, or you do not.
/blah

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

@Cholokid,
I believe it is a reference to bulimia.An eating disorder,and so I suppose the new years resolution is to stop being bulimic.

Also over the course of the day I studied some of the things within each of boxes and compared them to the clues.First thing I noticed was that love and money are things that connect people together(reasons why people marry) and day and night are times of the day while the other set represented how something changes over time.It all relates to time.The last two sets have something to do with numbers.In each one even though the numbers are not the same they use the same symbols with each set.Also the left box the numbers in the box together equal 7 while the numbers in the equation added up to not give 7(it gives 18) but on the other one its the other way around the equation adds up to 7,but the numbers in the box do not(they add up to 6)Also tab caps and shift are all on the same column right next to each other on the key board.with tab on the top,and right below that is caps,and below that is shift,I see co many things in here that could hint towards the answer,but I just can't put the pieces together.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I think each box has a different answer from what Gantic said,but that does convincing Cenere.(sorry for double post)

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

See the they it never specifies that there can only be one winner.
Sorry, but I must respond to this. They is plural. It is not a gender-neutral singular pronoun as many try to make it. (The correct gender-neutral singular is he.) So what to make of that loophole is beyond me.

Oh, and nice entrees.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I believe it is a reference to bulimia.An eating disorder,and so I suppose the new years resolution is to stop being bulimic.

Ah, I over thought that. I figured he thought they were chocolate at one time and ate some. Haha.

They is plural

Um yeah... that's what I said. Hahaha.

@Cenere
Wow. Wow. Wow. I think you hit it right on the head. That makes 100% sense, and for the first time today I'm not confused about something. And its true too, when you aim for something you either succeed or fail. unless its hand grenades, then you can miss, but still hit the target.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, but I must respond to this. They is plural. It is not a gender-neutral singular pronoun as many try to make it. (The correct gender-neutral singular is he.) So what to make of that loophole is beyond me.

That reminds me of how "El" is the gender-neutral singular/plural used to refer to people as it is supposed to mean "he" in English.What an interesting loophole an argument for it.I won't argue against it of course and I'm sure someone could figure out why that is.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Um yeah... that's what I said. Hahaha.
Yeah, but only one person has won in previous rounds, while the rules clearly state that at least two people receive 25 AP. So either your loophole is void or Strop has been giving himself a merit each round.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Laxatives is the stuff that causes dierrhia?? And, he is sitting on a toilet? No more having to run to the toilet, because I have eaten a giant amount of almonds?

@Cholo:
Might, might not. I am just good at making stuff up, it does not have to right.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

So either your loophole is void or Strop has been giving himself a merit each round.

Hahahahahahahahaha. He is a ninja, I wouldn't be surprised if he has been stealing merits without anyone noticing. I wonder if this means both 1st and 2nd places will be receiving merits from now on...

@Cenere
Yeah, I have found that if you act like you know what you are talking about, people will believe that you do know what you are talking about. Even if it is completely made up.
Showing 2296-2310 of 6854