ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749565
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Have patience, you'll see the entire picture gain depth once I lay some more colour down!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

(also, I should mention that the drafts I'm posting now are half the size of the working pic. The resolution makes a very big difference!)

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Have patience, you'll see the entire picture gain depth once I lay some more colour down!

Sorry, I'm a very impatient person.

(also, I should mention that the drafts I'm posting now are half the size of the working pic. The resolution makes a very big difference!)

Is that why? Then I recall my statement.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I got sidetracked briefly to get this off my chest:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/turtleneck.png

Turtlenecks. A middle-aged way of saying you still got it.

satsukitty
satsukitty
49 posts
Peasant

SO much detail. My eyes are crossing.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

SO much detail. My eyes are crossing.

What? Are you talking about the newest one? I disagree, take a look at the first page image to get an idea of how much detail Strop can put in an image.

Unless you are talking about the first image (It's happened before), in which case you're two years and 118 pages behind.

That picture reminds me of retro for some reason. All black and white. But I don't think a lot of 50's women had a horn, horse ears and a protruding nose back then.

Pretty good, and because it's so simple I can't really think of anything worth correcting.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

CHEESE AND RICE YOU PEOPLE CAN DRAW SO WELL! ~Envy~
Geez. I feel like trying to draw now.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I have to admit that it's pretty nice, but I feel that the mouth could use some work. *Shakes head* You and your horses Strop....

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

But I don't think a lot of 50's women had a horn, horse ears and a protruding nose back then.

I may be wrong, but I don't think women from the 50s wore turtlenecks, either. This may be a little extreme for the specific case (and may give you mental images I didn't intend you to have), but think something like Diane Keaton in Something's Gotta Give.

I have to admit that it's pretty nice, but I feel that the mouth could use some work.

I was very tempted to draw a human head (say, Jennifer Hawkins', as it would have actually made this picture much easier!
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Maybe you should start drawing a couple pics with actual humans in them...And work on your horse-mouth-drawing at the same time.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Maybe you should start drawing a couple pics with actual humans in them

I have plenty. You simply haven't seen them.

And work on your horse-mouth-drawing at the same time.

I find this somewhat presumptuous given you're basing this comment of a single sketch, of which you weren't even able to gauge the intention. It also comes across as slightly rude, given you've placed it in the context of a directive.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Think of Doris Day, she wore turtlenecks in some of her movies. The hip and cool people of the 50's were beat-niks. I can see where you're headed and I like your stylized art. It reminds me of an old friend of mine who used to draw his "Utne man".
I've always leaned more towards nature and sketches of the ocean during a storm or a cool desert scene of the Painted Desert with all of the bands of color.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Good point. I should give Aeryn a beret lol.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

in a smokey coffee shop B)

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,585 posts
Duke

awesome

Showing 1156-1170 of 1567