ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749576
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I've only been talking about it everywhere, but just to supplement the story I've been telling everybody about being in med school and stuff...

Actually it's a bit more than that. We have known some users on this site to fabricate complex stories about their lives... which were later shown to be completely fictional. Since this is the internet, the ramifications of such tend to be limited, and there's nothing inherently wrong with making up random stuff about your life, so long as you're not violating the site rules (there have been examples of this happening, hence the qualifier). However I have witnessed a few users masquerading as doctors and medical students, and I don't know how the other genuine pre-med/med school students took it but I was actually pretty personally offended by the mockery they were making of the profession (often marked by trumped up and self-aggrandizing claims betrayed by a complete lack of understanding as to the structure of the industry). So I'm particularly keen to reassure everybody that my credentials are genuine.

Thus what I've got here are (very grainy, as my camera is old and about to kick the bucket) photos of the pieces of paper as handed to me by the vice-Chancellor of the university yesterday. You will note that they correspond with what I've been telling people, and later on you may also find further evidence that proves, beyond any reasonable doubt, that they are genuinely mine (how I plan to do this shall, for now, remain a mystery hehe):

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/IMGA0006.jpg

This one was technically obtained after the writing of my year-long thesis and course in biostatistics and epidemiology, which was all being completed in the first few months I was a member here (I joined AG because I was really bored sick of writing the thesis itself...) In fact I remember accepting the invitation to become a moderator a few days after I submitted the thesis lol. I think they may only be one or two fellow veterans still around who remember what I was posting before that time!

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/IMGA0007.jpg

This is the main part of the degree, the bit that everybody needs to get to obtain an MBBS i.e. the other 5 years of my course. As you can see I've blotted out the name of the recipient, but Gantic can tell you that the blot is in the same shape as my blotted out signature on some of the pieces I've uploaded earlier xD As common as it is, I'd still like to keep my real name and thus a couple of aspects of my identity a secret :P

TheLastGamer
TheLastGamer
204 posts
Nomad

Nice strop congratulations

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I 'member Strop...back when you were running a Doctors Threadergury. Those were the days!

Gratz Strop...good luck in your medicinal endeavours.

Oh, and...umm....don't come to SA, the medical system is rather...flawed...at the moment...but yea...

You're still a bogan...

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Strop, I have a tumor, help me please!

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Congratz strop, i didn't know you were a medicine guy

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Congrats Dr. Strop good luck with life!

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

So know were gonna see the Dr. Strop character running around a AG trying to find patience? Cenere seems to sustain alot of injuries particularly hand injuries, neck stress and headaches...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I have actually consulted Strop a good amount of times on my head aches, wrist pains and other joint pains. Sadly there have been about as much result out of it as there have been with my doctor, but he is doing well enough. Perhaps we will meet in person one day, and he can examine me properly.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

You must wonder if it one of those psychological dilemmas where the mind creates pain. Perhaps we could name it Ceneritis or RCD, Repetitive Cenere Disorder, where by repeating things that once caused you pain physically will force the mind to literally hurt yourself.

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

"Eyes front, soldier." Haha that made me smile. I wish I could draw that weapon; I have a friend into sniper rifles who would like a drawing of that for his birthday.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Perhaps we will meet in person one day, and he can examine me properly.

And I'm sure he'd be very willing to do so...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

And I'm sure he'd be very willing to do so...

Perhaps so. He might figure out why I have those random pains, would probably prove a point of "Strop is awesome doctor".
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Finally a doctor... seems like he was in there forever, although I do remember some pictures he drew during exams I think.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Thanks guys, I actually didn't know that everybody was posting here, coz I went overseas and by the time I got internet this thread had been buried!

Sadly there have been about as much result out of it as there have been with my doctor

A real-life consultation would be nice (for diagnostic purposes), but I know a few people who have a similar issue, and my feeling is that what we really need right now on the topic is better research, because we're kinda stuck with symptom control that "may or may not work". After all, headaches suck!

Okay, to keep this sorta on topic, I'm rehashing something I drew and posted in the WoM thread.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/xmasstrip.png

lol
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I have actually consulted Strop a good amount of times on my head aches, wrist pains and other joint pains. Sadly there have been about as much result out of it as there have been with my doctor, but he is doing well enough. Perhaps we will meet in person one day, and he can examine me properly.

isn't wrist pain normal for someone who uses a keyboard alot? i've read that keyboards aren't healthy for your hands... its on the back of some of them actually as a potential health hazard... so an avid gamer who uses a keyboard alot might succumb to such a pain b/c of over use... (is it carpal tunnel?)... u've prob been told that before...

is that a picture of a horse? i think it is... but (not knocking ur art) the face might be seen as having a more bovine influence. usually you see people with a more canine'esque infatuation. I like it... it made me both lawl and go "wow" at the same time. Great drawing Doctor Strop
Showing 1261-1275 of 1567