ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749584
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

In other news I finally got a Smartphone. Went with Android because it suits me better.

Has it morphed you into Mecha-Strop yet? Gotta be careful of that kinda thing, you know . . . .
jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Just what is the difference with a smart phone and a normal Mobile phone? Other then the obvious 'A smart phone is smarter'.

nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

can you put some of your drawings on imageshack or something besides photoshop cuz it doesnt work on my computer.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Alt: progressively yeah.I'm not entirely adept at it yet. Not sure how to navigate all my functions yet. Wait, did I just say"my"? AHHHHHHH ITS HAPPENING ALREADY

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Neasnelf, can you check whether your browse is blocking photo bucket? The sites are pretty much the samething.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Your slender Asian fingers do nothing for you!

In other news, what is up with your posture? I thought you had a musical background.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Just what is the difference with a smart phone and a normal Mobile phone? Other then the obvious 'A smart phone is smarter'.

The easiest way I can think to explain it: Mobile phones have been evolving to become more like the computers you know and use. A smart phone is a computer (PC or Mac depending on whether you use Windows, Android or iPhone), it's compatible with most of the features of a computer i.e. you can send emails and go online in the same way using a similar interface. So really smartphones constitute one endpoint of the mobile phone evolution.

In other news, what is up with your posture? I thought you had a musical background.

My posture may be hunched at times, Gantic, but that's a bit rich.

And my fingers *used* to be more slender than they are now. The proximal interphalangeal joints all widened significantly when I started learning Russian technique.
imthebest698
imthebest698
5 posts
Nomad

**** dude this is good but also its really weird. (no offense).
i also want to know were you got the idea?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

i also want to know were you got the idea?

For what exactly?

---

So I just finished my first week of being a medical doctor. It's hectic! But my roster, being weird, gave me a double shift to start and a 3 day weekend OHHHH YEAAAAH. So I'm off for the weekend and have a ton of errands to run, including updating the WoM.

Being a new intern, we kinda rely on our seniors to hold our hands for a bit. It apparently takes nine months to get really confident about making significant decisions on the patient's behalf. Today however my senior's shift suddenly got cancelled because HR forced him to take the nightshift instead, leaving me to hold the fort by myself. Scary stuff!

The day goes by both really quickly and really slowly, mainly because most hospital doctors run around like madmen. Most of the time we don't even have time to eat, let alone sit down. In fact, all the updates I wrote on AG this week were done on my phone, while I sitting on the toilet, which is just about the only time of the working day I have to myself, but you probably didn't need or want to know that.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/stropmd/stropmd.png
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

I can picture Corporation Inc., Except its Hospital Inc. and strop the inter running around mashing a button

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

At first, it looked like you were hovering on your butt, which would be a pretty cool way to get around a hospital.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Is it anything like scrubs?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

At first, it looked like you were hovering on your butt, which would be a pretty cool way to get around a hospital.

Sometimes I wish I had something like that hoverboard Marty acquires. Except maybe not quite that shade of pink.

Is it anything like scrubs?

Some of it is. There's all kinds of stereotypes for different kinds of health employees that have an element of truth to them. I don't know yet about doctors and the workforce, but frankly medical student relationships are kinda inbred, and they usually don't last, and if you put the two together you tend to get a lot of broken friendship groups, hence my staying well clear of such things!
jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Strops anti-social... *eye roll*

Dw man, We got your back down at the office.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Freakenstein asked me whether I was interested in the Haiku Contest this week. So I submitted something, but was reminded of some stuff I wrote some years ago which I thought were a little more interesting.

The following poems are descriptions of actual experiences from people who suffer real neurological conditions. See if you can work out which ones!

Half a Pie

All things being considered in the mind's eye,
The whole being greater than the sum, or so we say,
But what of the lady who ate half a pie,
And turned it around and ate half again,
And turned and ate, and turned and ate,
Until half of whatever half was what remained,
And such existence was this lady's fate,
Not to us, but to her, was it all the same.

Starlight

Spread through time and space,
Little white dots-
On an MRI, wink at us-
Menancingly.
What does it mean,
Is as much as we ask, casting our eyes to the heavens,
For we can only know what they-
Might bring.
Their rays of light pierce limbs,
Pinning them, setting them aflame,
Blinding eyes,
Piece by piece the world-
Falls to pieces.

Think you got it?

SPOILERS BELOW:

Parietal hemineglect (likely the result of a non-dominant sided stroke), and multiple sclerosis respectively.

Showing 1291-1305 of 1567