ForumsSupport ForumTavern 0 AP

27 3541
Nomad

As stated in the post that you will see when you follow this link, I think it would be a very good idea to make the Tavern NO AP. (Which you can also see in my title.)

Here are a few of the reason why I believe so: (Actually I'm just gonna provide links to topics that don't really do anything beneficial for the site.)

1. The Explosion Thread

2. Favorite Inside Joke

You know what? Just go to The Taver and see for your self why I think it should be like this.

Now I know some are gonna be like. "Oh Noes now we won't get as many points." SUCK IT UP! If your that worried about points your probably one of the spammers of the site. You shouldn't get points for things that don't really benefit anything.

Your opinions? Please?

• 27 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Here's the point:

the reason why there are sections with no ap is because the parts are effortless like the forum games. The Tavern Forum actually has threads that can be discussed. It just needs some cleaning up to do.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

With a bit of cleaning by the mods, the tavern could become a respectable section in the forums again...

It shouldn't be "shunned"...

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think that we should just move topics like you gave examples of to the Forum Games section.

All the others I think it's fine if people earn points off of them...

Although either way i do not really care all that much.

Nomad

I see what everones saying and it makes sense. I guess it just seems that most of the topic in there are spam ones, and so to me it just seemed to fit to make it 0 AP.

Maybe it should have a better description of what belongs there?

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

The tavern is like a baby. If you nurture it, it will grow. If you leave it to fend for its own, it's pretty much screwed unless it's like a robot baby or something like that. Right now, were are practically letting it die. Moderators and Admins are trying to slow down its death but the person who can really change it is you people out their. Yes, it sounds cliche but that does not mean it is not true.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I say that if you honestly beleive that the tavern is being overflowed with spam threads, then instead of complaining about it here, make a good thread.

99percentcomplete
99percentcomplete
390 posts
Nomad

Making the tavern 0 AP will just discourage people to post. Even if people post for points you still get someones opinion, as long as it isn't spam it's fine. Now, I'm not one that is obsessed with AP, but I find myself not going to the forum games section often, if at all. And also, if you're so not worried about getting points, then why do you care if others get points?

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I agree with fst6, I don't really care about Ap. The reason why this site was created in the first place was so people could have fun on it, not so people could go crazy for Ap, and then complain about it.

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

Nah wouldn't work at all...

Who cares?Its about music and silly stuff but it only gets 1 AP

Comments get you 2 ap and People do them a lot more

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

it would take a STRONG effort to take a section for 1 ap and turn it into 0 ap. I like it how it is, as stated in pages 1 and 2.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm sorry,but some people give off the feel of being hypocrits at times,by saying "OMG WHY CARE ABOUT AP"and thats all they say.Its funny since sometimes that does not contribute to the topic,and could be spamful at times just for that fact.Anyways the tavern was not made originally for pointless topics,but interestinf topics that didn't fit anywhere else.When they made the forum games section they were trying to reduce the amount of people getting points from comments on these games,and also if people are creating pointless topics on the tavern then they are probably spamming,and those threads should probably be locked.If any of that has already been said then I apologize for the repetitive nature of this post.Anyways if you wanted to make a forum named the No AP Forum then you might as well call it the spam forum.I am not going on about how it would be filled with spam,but that I can not find any other purpose for it.Anyways I am not sure whether or not I have covered everything,but that is all I have to say for now.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Exactly CrimsonBlade. The tavern forum actually has point. And it is because it has point that it still gets the 1 ap reward per post.

The reason why forum games are 0 ap, is because it has little to no effort at all. Most posts there have 2-5 words at the most in the majority threads.

The reason why the newcomer's forum is 0 ap is because we get new members everyday, and because they are new members they tend to overlook the stickied threads and just ask away.

The veteran users that just happened to be there could just post away. And once the thread is solved THEY STILL POST THERE, until a moderator came in and locked or deleted the thread. Then more new members would repeat the process. This is why there is a mega thread with existing guides for new members that show lots of merit that are posted together into one thread. And once this is solved, the tavern would go back to normal (hopefully) and only contain threads that pertain there.

Showing 16-27 of 27