ForumsArt, Music, and WritingExposed

974 183072
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Zophia poked me to make a thread. I know this will die off quickly, but I guess I could just show off some work in progress, and what I have managed to do by combining MsPaint and GIMP.

The first one is the outline. It is done in MsPaint, since GIMP was acting up.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Unavngivet.gif

The next two is the coloured result, both coloured in GIMP (It was acting okay again)
The difference is the outline. The upper one is with the original outline:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2.jpg

With this one I copied the outline and blured it. So the original outline is on top, the next layer is blured, and then the colour come:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li.jpg

The last one here is what I will think of as the conclusion. A gradient layer from GIMP, smudged out and adjusted, again with the smudge tool. The lazy solution, I know.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2-1.jpg

Work in progress, right? I do not know if I am going to make it any better.

• 974 Replies
sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Wow, cool...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Nice, another invasion...

Oh well, when you draw so bad that other people actually ignore the purpose of the thread, and post their own rendered art, well, then your are really bad...

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

I was one...

But I have been converted.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yes. That is why I like you, Sense.
At least I try to explain it to people, but somehow the fact that I am the only one posting pictures (or when Crims is playing with them), does not make this thread a personal art thread, but a "Lol, I can do that too!"-thread.
And renders are not a thing to post at all!

Lord_Mist
Lord_Mist
571 posts
Nomad

Oh well, when you draw so bad that other people actually ignore the purpose of the thread, and post their own rendered art, well, then your are really bad...

well, let me tell.. it was also my pics. i just use different accounts. some pics are from my bro's. his drawing is worse than me
sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Still...

Cenere, you like me???

I have friends!!! Yipeeeeeeee!!!!!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

well, let me tell.. it was also my pics. i just use different accounts. some pics are from my bro's. his drawing is worse than me

Uhm, no relation to what I just said.
The pictures posted here is, in general, copyrighted me. Do not tell me, these drawings are made by your brother. Or you.
What I am trying to say is: 1) Get your own thread, will you. 2) Try not to post renders.
And I can tell it is a render, either that, or the quality of your work spans from trainee to professional. And you use 3d programmes, and well as draws animeish drawings just as well as most fanartists on Dev.
AND. I did not refer to your drawing. I refered to my seemingly lost ability to draw in a way that make people actually see the drawings, and therefor they post their own rendered images.

*sigh*

Well, Sense, you are at least a fan, and you do not annoy me, so yes, you have friends.
Lord_Mist
Lord_Mist
571 posts
Nomad

Uhm, no relation to what I just said.
The pictures posted here is, in general, copyrighted me. Do not tell me, these drawings are made by your brother. Or you.
What I am trying to say is: 1) Get your own thread, will you. 2) Try not to post renders.
And I can tell it is a render, either that, or the quality of your work spans from trainee to professional. And you use 3d programmes, and well as draws animeish drawings just as well as most fanartists on Dev.
AND. I did not refer to your drawing. I refered to my seemingly lost ability to draw in a way that make people actually see the drawings, and therefor they post their own rendered images.

well, OK. sorry for posting that one <.<"
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*looks tiredly at Thoad* You are way too hyper active for this time of day...
Anyway, it is glasses, drawn really quickly and uglily...

darn, I fail.
SUUGAAAAA~a~AR!!!!
I can see it now, but since the lenses were off drawn and not really symmetrical, I got confubbled. I like your new one though, it's sparkly. *friend steals keyboard* JUST LIKE EDWARD!!!!!
*steals keyboard back* STOP THAT.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Oh crap I double fail
*keyboard stolen*
YOU ALWAYS FAIL
*steals keyboard back*
Quit commandeering my keyboard damn you!!!
Anyways, I was talking (and he, I suppose) *slaps his wrist* I SAID STOP, ok, sorry, again. Anyways, I was talking about Lord_Mists, I like the devil kai, but his red hair just kinda makes me laugh...and not in an evil way. It'd be alot more...disturbing if he was bald and had several veins on the shaven scalp. Even some pointed ears would also help to make me laugh maniacally. I'm trying critique to make it scarier, and if you didn't want critique of that, here's the following comment:
WOW THAT LOOKS AWESOME. Your really great at shading!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

well, OK. sorry for posting that one <.<"

It is okay, people do it annoyingly often, so I am just trying to correct an error. And make sure the mods do not get their hands on you in an early state.

I can see it now, but since the lenses were off drawn and not really symmetrical, I got confubbled. I like your new one though, it's sparkly. *friend steals keyboard* JUST LIKE EDWARD!!!!!
*steals keyboard back* STOP THAT.

New one?? Sparkly? I haven't uploaded since yesterday night.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

dangit! Triple fail post, I looked back on the picture, and I noticed you used horns and angel wings, so that must mean you weren't exactly going for the scary. Sorry, I fail.

Uber-double-delux sorry for the triple post, btw.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Thoady..
Well, not scary, or scary... As I said, it does have an explanation, but people usually do not care. Not devil, not angel. Possessed.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Well, not scary, or scary... As I said, it does have an explanation, but people usually do not care. Not devil, not angel. Possessed.

bleh, possesion is for my dark lord and master to worry about. Sorry to say, but from what I can make of it it'd be an angel who was possesed, but that's me being inside the wet paper bag. Please, explain. I need a break from reading some of Charles Dickens cruddy book "A Tale of Two Cities" the only dang chapter I like in it is when they torture a guy, and break into the Bastille.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

> >..

OKay, you know Kai can control the elements, right? Well, actaully that is a little off for his species, as they usually have only one element to control, or two, if one of them is either light or darkness. Kai was like that once, being able to play around with earth, and that was it. Well, after his ex (at that time girlfriend) and his brother had gotten together, he left, wandering across his land.
At some point he found that crystal ball, and when he took it, it opened up for his affinity of other elements, and gave its own power as well.
Mind you, getting that rush of magic and power is marvelous, but also crazing. The magic broke through the physical barriere (horns, wings, claws, all that), and he got on a smaller rampage.
After a day or two he got back to normal (almost), and gave away the crystal, or what was left of it.

Showing 496-510 of 974