ForumsArt, Music, and WritingExposed

974 183067
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Zophia poked me to make a thread. I know this will die off quickly, but I guess I could just show off some work in progress, and what I have managed to do by combining MsPaint and GIMP.

The first one is the outline. It is done in MsPaint, since GIMP was acting up.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Unavngivet.gif

The next two is the coloured result, both coloured in GIMP (It was acting okay again)
The difference is the outline. The upper one is with the original outline:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2.jpg

With this one I copied the outline and blured it. So the original outline is on top, the next layer is blured, and then the colour come:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li.jpg

The last one here is what I will think of as the conclusion. A gradient layer from GIMP, smudged out and adjusted, again with the smudge tool. The lazy solution, I know.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2-1.jpg

Work in progress, right? I do not know if I am going to make it any better.

• 974 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Ok, thanks for the explanation, so basically he went mad with power.
Nerg coulda taken 'im. jk. So, that makes sense of why that is...cool story, seems a little short, but cool. So now he can fiddle with the earth as he pleases....I see.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Ok, thanks for the explanation, so basically he went mad with power.
Nerg coulda taken 'im. jk. So, that makes sense of why that is...cool story, seems a little short, but cool. So now he can fiddle with the earth as he pleases....I see.

Well, any excessive use of his powers are - rewarded with his wrists and hands beginning to bleed. Unless he is stupid enough to try and use air magic, seemingly it breaks his arms instead.
And he is best at darkness, actually, earth is hard to move, and it is often more convinient to use something like fire, because it hurt people easier.
And for the random:
Pure elements can work on their own. Fire, water, air and earth is pure elements. Usually those can be split up in a lot of sub elements, those of which the shapeshifters use (Akuma is an ice shifter).
Darkness and light is not pure elements, and a person with those elements and no other would not be able to work. Those two elements can only work if blended with other elements, but as used as magic, it can stand alone.
Life and Death is not pure elements, but they only work alone. You cannot have a blend of Lifexfire or Deathxdarkness. Mainly because life and death is the outer limits of magic. Only manics can handle it, and those beings are extremely dangerous.
Kai does have life-like abilities, but those are seen more like extreme healing than anything else.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Can he work around some Zirconium or some Phazon? Phazon control powers would be absolutely great!

Now if only it was real....
What would happen if he condensed pure darkness and pure light (Somehow living through it, considering that he'd probably be affected greatly) into each hand and mashed them together...what would happen?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Can he work around some Zirconium or some Phazon? Phazon control powers would be absolutely great!

*blink* *blinkblink*

What would happen if he condensed pure darkness and pure light (Somehow living through it, considering that he'd probably be affected greatly) into each hand and mashed them together...what would happen?

Well, first of all his - light hand would start bleeding.
Then it would probably hurt up his arms, and make the other hand bleed as well, and the first bleed more.
And then nothing.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

So he'd just completely own himself with no after effect when two opposites meet?
Ok then.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Darkness and light are not true opposites. But just like water and fire would not have any affect, nor earth and air, well, there is no real reason why light and darkness should explode or implode, is there?
Think of those two elements as glue.
In an attempt to mix more elements, either light or darkness should be used, as they are what tie the elements together.
A person with two elements (usually the limit for most non-magic persons), those two elements would most likely be rather shifty and disturb the person greatly, hence the possiblity of the second element being either light og darkness.
Light or darkness does not really shift anything, merely adapt the element and makes it smoother.
Three elements would probably be the limit in a person, with only one adaptor (two pures, one adaptor), depending on the strength of the adaptor.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

that is true, I see your logic, I guess I was just thinking inside the wet paper-bag again, :P

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

that is true, I see your logic, I guess I was just thinking inside the wet paper-bag again, :P

I have my worlds thought out, little Thoad.
Like the laws of reality.
sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

I have my worlds thought out, little Thoad.
Like the laws of reality.

Snap!!!!

Ahh, that's a good one Cenere...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Well, I should probably write them Laws down.
But I am too lazy. And they are annoyingly complicated... *headkeyboard*bvmvrbgbgr

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

And Thoad would still reject them...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I blame Strop for this one!
"Entry" for the Art Skills Comp, though I cannot enter.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/IblameStrop.jpg
So much brown > >

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

So much brown > >

just like the guy I killed with a razor last weekend

And Thoad would still reject them...

.....I might.

<.<
>.>
<.>
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

just like the guy I killed with a razor last weekend

...- -...

Oh, the joke few will ever get. Because they probably ignored the information about it. So, yeah, I blame Strop and my head being annoying.
Though I enjoy drawing Cen atm.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Though I enjoy drawing Cen atm.

I think i brought you on to that, what with the moderation wars...of which I'm in a slight block with. lol.
Showing 511-525 of 974