ForumsArt, Music, and WritingExposed

974 183007
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Zophia poked me to make a thread. I know this will die off quickly, but I guess I could just show off some work in progress, and what I have managed to do by combining MsPaint and GIMP.

The first one is the outline. It is done in MsPaint, since GIMP was acting up.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Unavngivet.gif

The next two is the coloured result, both coloured in GIMP (It was acting okay again)
The difference is the outline. The upper one is with the original outline:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2.jpg

With this one I copied the outline and blured it. So the original outline is on top, the next layer is blured, and then the colour come:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li.jpg

The last one here is what I will think of as the conclusion. A gradient layer from GIMP, smudged out and adjusted, again with the smudge tool. The lazy solution, I know.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2-1.jpg

Work in progress, right? I do not know if I am going to make it any better.

• 974 Replies
St3alth95
St3alth95
93 posts
Nomad

OMG that pokemon one is violent
How could charizard do that
Hes a freaking vampire ahhh

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

OMG that pokemon one is violent
How could charizard do that
Hes a freaking vampire ahhh

I love that part of the manga! It is based on the battle between Richie and Ash in the pokemon league, but this time with two charizard against each other! And Ash being unable to control his charizard, which is most likely on a killing spree, has to give up.
That is what make the manga so much better!!
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Cenere, it should be okay to post recolours seeing as you've said so and I assume the author would be okay with it...have you posted a link to the manga anywhere? I actually don't know what you're talking about!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I cannot even post a link for it. I have seen no places where it is uploaded.
The manga itself is based on the tvshow, and made by a professional mangaka. And this next bit will probably mean I get banned or something: I have not asked for permission to colour or post these pictures; that is why I only post parts of the pages, and not the entire page. I see it as colouring pratice, more than anything else. If you see it fit, then delete the posts with it, and I will refrain from posting other coloured pages.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, found a place where they have scans: Pokecommunity
It is called "Pokemon, the graphic novel".

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

And this next bit will probably mean I get banned or something: I have not asked for permission to colour or post these pictures; that is why I only post parts of the pages, and not the entire page. I see it as colouring pratice, more than anything else

Got the name of the manga-ka? Cases like these are tougher for me to call because you've edited it (meaning that it's partly your work, depending on whether you're allowed to do this) ...and this stuff is frequently distributed to third parties anyway. Whether this makes it any less or more likely that there will be trouble down the line, I just dunno.

As a last resort I'd go and ask John about it, which I may do later.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

OMG OMG! Suggestion! Make an amorphic blob monster that is nearly (or equally) as psychotic as me!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

@Strop: The manga-ka is Toshihiro Ono, and "The manga was published in English in North America by Viz Communications." Wiki
I will respect what ever conclusion you get to, and I will refrain from posting these colouring pratices on this page again, if you conclude it is against the policy. No reason to get AG into trouble for posting manga pages that does not belong to me.

And Thoad, I will consider it.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/blob.jpg

Thoadthetoad as an "amorphic blob monster that is nearly (or equally) as psychotic" as him.

Sbamo
Sbamo
141 posts
Nomad

I like the pics..

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

lol, i expected nothing like this, but in a good way. . . lol.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

lol, i expected nothing like this, but in a good way. . . lol.

Good enough? Or should it be more... something?

I like the pics..

Thanks?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

more. . .dark. Darker colors would be alot better, like the read eyes are nice, but I think the black main color would be cool, and then green eyes, I find that combination makes a epic AND creepy character. . . .but i'm not the artist ^^

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Cenere, I don't think I'm going to get an answer for a while and since I'm unaware of anything wrong, for now I'm going to take the responsibility for saying posting those recolors is fine as long as you've stated they're such etc. etc. until further notice

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

hmm, I see one little thingy with it. . .mind if I change it?
P.S. is there a image processor that will take GIMP images?

Showing 46-60 of 974