ForumsArt, Music, and WritingExposed

974 183006
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Zophia poked me to make a thread. I know this will die off quickly, but I guess I could just show off some work in progress, and what I have managed to do by combining MsPaint and GIMP.

The first one is the outline. It is done in MsPaint, since GIMP was acting up.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Unavngivet.gif

The next two is the coloured result, both coloured in GIMP (It was acting okay again)
The difference is the outline. The upper one is with the original outline:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2.jpg

With this one I copied the outline and blured it. So the original outline is on top, the next layer is blured, and then the colour come:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li.jpg

The last one here is what I will think of as the conclusion. A gradient layer from GIMP, smudged out and adjusted, again with the smudge tool. The lazy solution, I know.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2-1.jpg

Work in progress, right? I do not know if I am going to make it any better.

• 974 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

As lng as you credit me for the original image, I am fine. And for the black colour, I just though of your armatar, so...?
You can make GIMP files jpg? Actually, it is possible to, if you save it as a ps-something, you can use Photoshop.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

lawl, I don't have photoshop. . .why would I be using GIMP if I had photoshop?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yeah, all right. If you have gimp, then open the picture and save it as a jpg or a gif (or png), just as you talked with Zophia about.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

lol, I've been having trouble with that, but is .png the same as .jpeg?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ok, I know I didn't change it by much, but just a little tinker with the eyes makes the kind of insanity, AAAAA LOT more like my type of insanity. Now then, here is my slightly changed blob! Thanks for actually taking the request btw.
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/thoadblob.jpg

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Hmm.... Just a minute...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

whaddya gonna do? change it once again?! AUUUGGH THE BLOB IS INFESTING US ALLLL!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/toadblod.jpg
New try, yes~

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester
mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GOD what is that????!!!!
Eeek.
But its pretttyyyy...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

what is that

Thoad asked me to do a psycho blob similar to him? This is the second edition.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

wow, it captures my destruction of humanity quite well. Good job!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I bow to you. So yo got black, green eyes and a psychotic espression.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I differentiated the blob once again. I fiddled with the opacity setting and things too. . . so ya.

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/thoadblob2.jpg
I made the backround a bit darker of a color and screwed up on a little bit with the burn tool.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

*sigh* Fictionpress format. Anyway, part of the first chapter of my little story.

Flickering white that slowly turns into a colourful mess. That could not be good. He hit the cold hard concrete that made it out for a road, and coughed out in a flash of pain.

A second later the light sword hit the road with a low metallic sound.

He looked into the cold grey sky, where heavy clouds isolated the world from the warm light of the sun. A nearby standing lamp post hummed a little, the light flickering for a moment.

'What is this place..' He sat up, looking around in the empty street, which should have been a field, as far as he knew. He couldn't think of anything more different from the medieval world, the mission should have taken place in.

Kai wondered if he had mistaken the mission, or if he had forgotten some weird detail. But then again.

He rose, removing some of the messy red bangs from his face. He picked up the sword, testing it, stabbing the air. Then he began walking. The lamp post hummed again.

-

After walking for more than an hour, he finally reached the end of the industrial part of the big city. He had not seen any human beings, but inside the factories the machines worked. He had seen the great pieces of metal slog, robots nearby to manufacture the details in clothing or smaller things. Looking through the thin glass he saw the machines hammering against each other, but he could only hear a distant humming of electricity, no more than that.

The 'real' part of the city weren't as different as he had hoped. There was still no life. He couldn't even find any garbage, not even a piece of gum on the pavement. The windows in the blocks very no more than blank holes into the concrete. The young man hesitated, then yelled out in the empty street, only to hear his own echo in the distance. And barking.

Instinct and experience made him back up and hide behind an empty container. The barking noise did not come any closer, and after a minute or two, it subsided. He looked up from behind the container, but the street was as empty as before. Still something had changed. It might just be his imagination, but it was... Much more quite. "If there's a dog somewhere, there might be..." The words were mere whispers, and only to make the eerie feeling of being watched go away.

He crept out from his hideout, and began the slow progress to where the dog might be.

The big city were not his home ground he soon realized. Not only here was all too quite, there were not any humans, and the feeling of being watched grew with every step the boy took. A loud hum made him swirl around, but the flickering of a lamp post eased his mind a little. 'This place makes me ferkin' jumpy...' No, this was not his home ground.

Kai was about to turn down another road, when a loud shout made his ears ring. He turned his head to see a group of robotic humanoids running towards him from a nearby alley. Shouting strangers running towards you only mean two things. Either they are very happy to see you, because you just saved their butt, or they really want to get you down and torture you. In this case, the latter was the most likely possibility. Therefore - he ran.

The creatures were almost soundless, the only noise were a buzzing tune. One of them shouted again, probably a word, but for once he did not understand it. His instincts screamed at him to get down, and seconds later he barely dodged a bullet. A very faint sound of a click warned him, and he dodged another by throwing himself to the ground, just to get up and running again immediately after. He turned right and faced a wall. A dead end. His heart was racing and blood rushing in his ears made him partly deaf. Looking around he saw a low wall to the other side and by it an convenient placed container. He ran for it, passing the followers on the way. Jumped, grapping hold of the top of the wall and flung himself over it. The boy landed hard on the ground, not quite prepared for the sudden downfall. This side of the wall was several meters tall, or, as he figured, someone had removed at least three meters of earth on this side. He had no more time for thinking, as one of them poked its head over the top of the wall. He spun around, fleeing for what he though could be his life. At least the earth was much more comfortable under his bare feet than the concrete was. Shouts, bullets. A quick glance over his shoulder made him relax a little, though not enough to stop him from sprinting away. The strangers had stopped following him for some reason. Two of them shot over the wall with their strange looking weapons, but they did not follow.

He slowed down a little, when he couldn't see them any more. The streets were still dug up, and the cold earth felt nice and soft. He turned a corner.

Showing 61-75 of 974