ForumsThe TavernIron Ranks

83 15298
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alright, I don't know why, but it's bothering me that everyone who's posting the ranks write wood/silver/gold whatever rank.
It's not silver, it's iron.
No, this doesn't really matter, I'm just wondering why so many are making that mistake.

Try holding your cursor over one of the iron ranks. A little sign with the text 'Iron - rankname' should pop up.

Why does people think it's silver?

I doubt this topic has been made before, as there's probably not a lot who cares... Sorry if it has.
Just tell me what you think about this, before this thread dies.

• 83 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But why does it bother you.I like to call it silver.I think anyone could call it cookie if the want.You get what I'm saying??!?!?

=)

zanderthaw
zanderthaw
418 posts
Nomad

lol yea! i like cookie better! all in favor of cookies say I!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Lol guys... As I said in the thread starter, it's a tiny error in peoples' perception of the site - it's not something that actually matters, which is why this thread is in the Tavern and not Support and Suggestions.
I personally just think it makes more sense with the iron. But I don't really care, and it's not like I go around telling people to change their rank listings.

@fst6:
Yeah, only ten pages. :P It's really not that many... Or maybe it is. X)
Either way, do as you wish, I'm just trying to make more people aware of this funny little misconception.

zanderthaw
zanderthaw
418 posts
Nomad

lol why wood?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

lol why wood?

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Could you please rephrase it?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I think he means why did they put wood instead of bronze?

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Okay, I hereby declare with all the power invested in me, that the Iron rank will from her on now be called Cookie.

I'm serious about this. I really am.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@thoad:
Ah, well if that was what he meant... I'm guessing uniqueness?

@ManUtd4life096:
Lulz. Now, if you can get the main part of AG to follow that, I say you win a little interwebs.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Aye! Cookies!

anyways, I think it suits it. wood, iron (wait, I mean cookies) gold. silver is too high in value to fill that gap. also we'd have knights running around in 12000 dollar armor.

I sometimes think of it like this; the lowly hunters use wood for arrows. The knights and soldiers fight with iron blades. The kings and Queens (no they don't fight with gold) have golden crowns and etc. it makes sense.

Wait, teh knights fight with cookie blades?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Wait, teh knights fight with cookie blades?

Lol. Just... Lol.

But yes, what Pazx said. It makes sense with iron. Actually that whole hunter(soldier/king thing is pretty good for seeing the point.
raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

why not change iron into silver???

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

why not change iron into silver???
Because then the wood should probably be changed into bronze or copper or something...
Also, read Pazx's post, it makes good sense to have it as iron.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Just as much as the knight's apprentice is not allowed to use real weapons, but instead use weapons made of wood. Gold is surely worth a lot, but to a knight the precious iron is much more worth.

Blah.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I think Iron makes more sense, and when I first got here thought it was bronze, Iron, gold. I don't know why.
Off topic: People should only pick armatars I like.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

What armatars DO you like, then?

Showing 16-30 of 83