ForumsWEPRShould Animals Have Rights? Why?

309 59462
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Should animals have any rights? If you answer please explain.

• 309 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Wait, what?! How are you trying to relate empathy to evolutionary beliefs? If you are going to try for that argument, explain yourself better. But I don't really see why it is necessary to bring evolution into this discussion, unless you are just trying to throw some extra controversy in for fun.

I'm saying both things would relate us to animals so no matter waht u beleive you can't use that beleief as a valid point and dont under estimate me contoversy isn't that important .
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I'm saying both things would relate us to animals so no matter waht u beleive you can't use that beleief as a valid point and dont under estimate me contoversy isn't that important .

I still don't understand what you are trying to get out of this. Are you saying that evolution relates us closer to animals, which gives us a higher empathy for them?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I still don't understand what you are trying to get out of this. Are you saying that evolution relates us closer to animals, which gives us a higher empathy for them?

nevermind then we would turn this into something it's not supposed to be :P
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh shoot, gone for a couple of hours and then there's three pages to read through...

Yep. It is really important for females, particularly if you don't eat meat. I eat meat, and I have still been turned away for donating blood occasionally because of low iron. And I like to think I have a pretty healthy diet.
Spinach has iron in it, right? *memory fail + too lazy to google for that info*
That is an interesting question, and I am not entirely sure. I would assume that it would be considered as more foreign to your body than animal flesh. But then again... I don't really know. And as far as what type of energy it is would be interesting to know. Sure meat may give you more energy, but is it higher in unhealthy fats? Might it end up being more unhealthy in the end?
It's actually rather interesting questions. According to the food pyramid thingy, it's best if the main part of your nutrition comes from bread/pasta/roots, isn't it?
explain rights.. we humans have the bill of rights, to secure our freedom. but i see thats not the kind of rights you are talking about. so what are they? what do you have in mind considering rights for animals?
Try reading the last couple of pages before you post...
What about animals which we need to survive like cattle, chicken, deer, turkey, and even fish. It is our right to kill these animals for sustenance. They have the right to be delicious.
So besides having the right to be "delicious" you don't think they deserve anything more than being treated like objects?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Animals do have rights. There are laws against animal cruelty. Ask Michael Vick.
What about animals which we need to survive like cattle, chicken, deer, turkey, and even fish. It is our right to kill these animals for sustenance. They have the right to be delicious.

We are not trying to make you become a vegetarian... You actually just said it: Laws against animal cruelty...
So you DO actually agree??
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Spinach has iron in it, right? *memory fail + too lazy to google for that info*

I am pretty sure it does. Lots of cereals and stuff tend to be enriched with iron as well.

It's actually rather interesting questions. According to the food pyramid thingy, it's best if the main part of your nutrition comes from bread/pasta/roots, isn't it?

Well, historically yes. But the food pyramid is always changing. It is more of a food pie chart now I think...
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i was never disagreeing cenere

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I am pretty sure it does. Lots of cereals and stuff tend to be enriched with iron as well.
I think that's more common in the US and other places than in Denmark. At least I never noticed something about enrichment on the stuff I've been eating. But spinach is gooood.
Well, historically yes. But the food pyramid is always changing. It is more of a food pie chart now I think...
*sigh* People and what they consider healthy... On the food area it seems to change constantly.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

@Tempo:
Sorry, I might have misunderstood you a great deal then, as you seemed to only be interested in the meat aspect, not the "animals should not be mistreated" aspect. I apologize for starting an arguement.

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

what makes you think they want rights.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

They do not speak the same launge as us , we dont know but what we do know is that they need are help.

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

but maybe they are happy the way they are.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Yea! Maybe there happy getting shot in the head before they new what happend!

No, im sure there not happy getting hunted.

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

i dont think we are talking about hunting

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I'd agree huntings fairly barbaric but we do need the meat(ok we dont NEED it) but we should kill them humanley

Showing 211-225 of 309