ForumsWEPRShould Animals Have Rights? Why?

309 59460
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Should animals have any rights? If you answer please explain.

• 309 Replies
IAMMERCY
IAMMERCY
305 posts
Nomad

yes animals deserve just as many rights as us

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Cenere, what did you mean when you said frightened meat doesn't taste as good as happy meat

Actualy thats true frightened meat tends to be tougher and grainier while happy is more smooth and tender.

yes animals deserve just as many rights as us

Animals deserve the right to live the right to if nessicary to kill then be put "to sleep" animals are still a major food source but when we kill then we need to be humane about it
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

I don't believe that at all. where's the facts?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

my frikin dad blocked ask when i searched that -.- idk why but just type does healty meat taste better than frightened meat on ask or google

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

and carlie iron deficiency is something that occurs in women with thyroid problems. eating meat wouldnt cause low iron.

No. That might be one cause, but with women I don't think it is the main one. Women have monthly blood loss cycles, which removes iron from the system. And I wasn't saying meat caused lower iron, I was saying that it increases iron. Eating meat actually helps to replenish this iron, not deplete it.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I don't believe that at all. where's the facts?

If a cow/pig/other animal/human get stressed, the brain releases a lot of hormones and other stuff, which makes the animal ready to run or fight. Which means the muscles are filled with - chemicals at the point of death. I guess it might be the reason.
I only know it is true, as most butchers would tell you the same.
I am not trying to be funny, nor am I lying. But for you, I will find "facts":

Well, adrenaline has a powerful effect on a body. The body chemistry of a frightened animal differs substantially from one at rest. The net result is a drop in the acidy of the meat of the frightened animal this creates ideal conditions for bacterial growth. The resulting meat is dark and gummy looking rather than what your might be used to. The meat industry now takes great pains to kill the animals quickly and with as little distress to the animal as possible.

Allexperts
Fact enough?
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

If a cow/pig/other animal/human get stressed, the brain releases a lot of hormones and other stuff, which makes the animal ready to run or fight. Which means the muscles are filled with - chemicals at the point of death.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I had never thought about that. The fight or flight response is bound to alter normal conditions in the body.
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

who cares if the animal is scared, frightened or not it all tastes delicious to me.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

let me rephrase that...i don't care if the animal is scared.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

thats crazy cruel form your other posts on some places im guess yuor a christian and thats horrible God created animals to they were made to help us but there still part of god's creation (my bad if your not and please don't say anything about how this is a stupid argument it's strictly for christians)

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I wonder if you are that kind of kid, which puts duct tape around a cat, and let it run...
You have probably never tried to eat meat from a frightened animal, so how would you know...
Okay, a mistreated dog bites its owner, and is put down. Was the attack the dog or the owner's fault?...
Sigh, but you got your evidence, your fact. And still you do not care, still you think I am lying, do you not?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

God created animals to they were made to help us but there still part of god's creation

I agree. If you believe in God, it doesn't make sense that the suffering of other organisms, including animals, would not bother you. Then again, some people are just not that empathetic to animals.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Then again, some people are just not that empathetic to animals.

to me i think that's the same as not being empathetic to animals if you were to believe in evolution since were the ones who just got lucky really it's a hard one to explain yourself in
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

Animals do have rights. There are laws against animal cruelty. Ask Michael Vick.

What about animals which we need to survive like cattle, chicken, deer, turkey, and even fish. It is our right to kill these animals for sustenance. They have the right to be delicious.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

to me i think that's the same as not being empathetic to animals if you were to believe in evolution since were the ones who just got lucky really it's a hard one to explain yourself in

Wait, what?! How are you trying to relate empathy to evolutionary beliefs? If you are going to try for that argument, explain yourself better. But I don't really see why it is necessary to bring evolution into this discussion, unless you are just trying to throw some extra controversy in for fun.

If you want to bring other subjects into the ethical discussion of animals, I would target your attack at philosophy. Look at Descartes for goodness sake. Vivisection? How much worse can you get?
Showing 196-210 of 309