ForumsWEPRShould Animals Have Rights? Why?

309 59471
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Should animals have any rights? If you answer please explain.

• 309 Replies
jcrulez
jcrulez
421 posts
Nomad

"Apart from being arguably inhumane, unnecessary stress in transport may adversely affect the quality of the meat.In particular, the muscles of stressed animals are low in water and glycogen, and their pH fails to attain acidic values, all of which results in poor meat quality"

I think that settles that part.

Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

Yes, they should have some but not all. We should be able to hunt, fish, and do all of those things but no put them in basically fattening chambers and slaughter them. That is just wrong.

XxStormxX
XxStormxX
66 posts
Nomad

Of course they should, we have rights, and aren't we animals? We have evolved from apes remember... Animals are living things just like us, and if we have rights, so should they

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Everything that is alive should have rights.

SilentQ
SilentQ
601 posts
Nomad

Giving everything that lives rights would just be a waste. Not only would they not know that they have received these rights, but they don't deserve them. I would get rather mad if a plant had the right to vote/own land. Plants can't vote and we pretty much need all the land due to rising populations. And if plants/animals have the right to not be eaten, then humans run out of food. The only right they should have is to not be tortured/abused, though it's kind of hard to torture plants. :/

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

animals should have some rights like cruel and unusual punishment but unless we all start being vegitairans

caucasiafro
caucasiafro
338 posts
Nomad

This is what i think. If an animal can right in essay about why they should have rights then they can have rights.
The essay must have a few things 1st

1. Must be more then 5 pages Times New Roman 12 point font, double spaced.

2. Must be in essay format (intro, body, conclude)

3. Must have minimal to no spelling and grammar errors.

If an animals can do this then they and 9 other animals of their choosing with be given full rights and privileges as that of a human.

You did think I was serious there now did you? :P

Anyway, I dont see the point. Maybe if it make the meat taste better but not if it make the price go up alot.
I really cant think of anything serious about this topic that hasnt been posted before.

caucasiafro
caucasiafro
338 posts
Nomad

You did think I was serious there now did you? :P

did should have been didnt
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Everything that is alive should have rights.

*coughbacteriacough*
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Depends what you mean by rights. If you mean freedom of speech, who cares. Pretty much most laws you couldn't apply sensibly to animals, except maybe right to life. Habitats should be kept there, or the animal relocated at least. In general though, I don't think it really matters.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

i would agree with no, but humans are animals 2, so yes, animals should have rights. also, who's the bonehead who neo'd this.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

If you want to equate yourself to the status of a spider fine. I myself am above such.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

-facepalms- i ment humans are animals 2, not that humans are equal to things like spiders.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

By calling ourselves animals, we make ourselves no better than dogs and should be treated as such. I for one won't call myself an animal. We are higher beings.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

By calling ourselves animals, we make ourselves no better than dogs and should be treated as such. I for one won't call myself an animal. We are higher beings.
Nope. Incorrect. The word animal is unrelated to intelligence or power. It does not matter what else shares the label, if something meets all of the qualifications of being an animal, that thing is an animal. Humans are animals, quod erat demonstrandum.

*coughbacteriacough*
I contend that in an idealistic world, bacteria should have rights. Not that this is applicable in any real discussion.

there are still some people in the world who don't get their rights and you are talking about animal rights!
That isn't an argument, that's a logical fallacy. By the same logic, you shouldn't buy a homeless man a burger because there are starving kids in Africa.
Showing 271-285 of 309