ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454430
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Dreiyas
Dreiyas
113 posts
Peasant

My friend that's 10 years old can draw better then anyone here... trust me...

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Kingryan, that's a rickroll, I know that url. I'm, awesome, I memorized as many rickroll urls as possible...

On topic:

Hmm...maybe we should have a new topic called 'Arrival?' That might be eaiser....since this already has over 310 posts in it...

Maybe, could be helpful... I don't know...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yeah, Strop, you are welcome to sticky the topic. SInce each round is two weeks, there might less activity.
Oh, and make the title Mixed World Tournament - Arrival and maybe the page number... Something...

Anyway:

Arrival
.It is time.. Her many eyes looked at the horizon, where the last of the light disappeared, leaving the city with only the electricity to save it from the thick darkness. She turned, smiling sweetly at the lad. Her smile were for some a normal, innocent smile, but to him it screamed 'danger'. .Go start the progress, little Sururrian.. He nodded, backing off slowly before turning around, leaving the room. She smiled after him, her face, her entire surface beginning to dissolve, melt and form into a black multieyed pit. It glided out from the white clothes, and stood again, disfigured as it was. .Suffer, my children. Suffer..

The boy wandered through the many dark halls and corridors, hearing the howls and snarls from the rooms on the other side of the wall. There were no door to these rooms, not windows, no exit. Sharp claws scratched the walls, and now and then a bump were heard, as the creatures on the other side tried to enter the corridors were he walked. Funnily enough he felt himself being more safe here than with the multieyed female in the upper room.
The sounds got worse with every step he took, with every stair case he walked down.

The summoning had just started as he walking in. The mages did not even look up, but concentrated on catching each of the contestants.

---

1 Phill, Bob & a Jango

Suddent darkness fills the room, and all three feel something tugging in them, physically or maybe psychically. Moments later they all stand in a dark alley in what seems to be a big modern city. Out of nowhere a blue light appears, only to disappear once again seconds later. A flicker...

2 Orlestat

A slow whispers can be heard. "Get ready, child". Strings of a dark material wraps around his scaly legs, consuming his wings, and rendering him blind of a moment. When he can see again, the bird stands in a dark alley, with dirt on the walls around him. Far up, the sky seems to be the limit. A flicker...

3 Dingsly

The door makes a cracking noise, but there is nothing there. "Hello." A whisper says, just seconds before he he is hurled into darkness. When he once again can open his eyes, he stands in a alley. The air is filled with smoke. Before him a light is shown. A flicker...

4 Sasquatch, the summon Overgrowth & Yeti

The flames gets hotter, much hotter than they should be. And darker.... Their sight is blurring, the rim blackening. A sudden flash of darkness and a nice coolness is what happens next. Overgrowth have not followed the siblings, but they have each other in this unknown city. What was that?! A flicker...

5 Razar

The figure smiles, an eerie and far too big smile. Threads of blackness shoots forward, binding and blinding him. When they let go again, he is in a different place, a much different place. Near a wall he sees a flash of light. A flicker...

6 the Nergyl Child

Sudden darkness disrupts the conversation. When the Child can see again he is alone. All alone. This is not a place he has ever seen before. A flicker...

7 Dervysh & Vixen

Through the forest it went. But something is wrong, like the vines seemingly following them. Dervysh is suddenly picked up, and both of them disappear into a blackness. A black sky is the next they see, lying on the pavement. As they rise, they see something. A flicker...

8 Ezale

The grass whispers softly, like a lullaby. Next to her her mate is making a phrrrrring sound. All these familiar things stop at once, and she finds herself in front of a blue light. A flicker...

9 Delairi

The world was nothing than greys in greys. And a black line. She slowly steps on it, but as she touches it, it sucks her in. In the next moment she stands in an alley, stepping on a line in the pavement. A flicker...

10 Billy

The calling fades a little, then gets stronger, then once again it fades. Seemingly it lures him into a trap. To late he notices the thin black strings here in empty space. They tighten around his body, taking him somewhere through a darkness. The next thing he sees is a distant light growing stronger and stronger. A flicker...

11 RAWR

Someone is roasting something delicious. Following the scent the shapeshifter walks through some bushes, blinding him for a second. When he again opens his eyes, he is no longer in his forest. There is actually no trees here. And no delicious smell. A flicker...

12 Charlie

What the.... Uhm... A flicker.........

13 Pazx and Garrow

When the two of them wake up (at the same time... Weird...), they lay under a black sky, with tall building towering around them. Pazx sits up, while Garrow roll over. Uh, a shining blue light... A flicker...

14 Strop

When the ninja wakes up, he is staring into a wall. There is dirt on it, and something that seems to be either blood or slime. He gets to his feet as fast as any ninja can, but the silence is disrupted by a buzz. He stares at where the sound came from. A flicker...

15 The Fallen Child

Sudden darkness disrupts the conversation. When the Fallen can see again he is alone. All alone. This is not a place he has ever seen before. A flicker...

16 Hallow

The disruption climaxes for a second, when black tentacles grab hold of him, dragging him into another world through a gap in reality. This is a city, a grand city like that of humanoids with too much money and too little time. Before him a small lightening appears. A flicker...

---

A flicker appeared before each of the contestants. It slowly formed the figure of a masked person, a male. The blue image raised his head, seemingly looking at the contestants before him. He began talking with a deep tired sigh. -I greet you.- He twitched a little. -Welcome to this test of - abilities. This world will most probably make you cry for your mother, no offence, but if this not make you go crazy or make you cry, then... You have no humanity. No sense.- He looked to the side, taking a deep breath. -The first one to enter the tower is the winner. Before you can do that, you will have to take care of your opponents, in one way or another.- He turned his head at the contestants again, looking directly at them. -If you want to live, then do not enter...- He was cut off. Then the flicker began once again, and he disappeared.

------------------------------------------------

Boundaries:
*The streets are narrow and like a maze in nature. There are not many straight streets here.
*No matter how high the character fly or climb, they would not be able to reach the sky. The walls seem to keep stretching towards the freedom.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I had shivers running down my spine constantly while reading through all of that...
But... This first round, we pretty much just portray them traveling through the maze? There is nothing except for the walls, the unreachable sky, the darkness and the occasional lights?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

No, not really. It is not a real maze, it is just impossible to go straight for more than 20 meters, really.
But portrait the arrival/the first half'n'hour in the city. There might be animals watching, but you cannot be sure.

Oh, and thank you. I do my very best.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

This shall be fun. :3

This means, it is mainly about portraying their reactions to the new environment, if there is to be any actions at all~
I like this.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, and:
A flicker
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Mixed%20World%20Tournament/mwt-prolog1.jpg

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

*facepalm*

THE LAST DAY FOR SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY WILL BE FRIDAY THE 28 OF NOVEMBER - EARLY 29! MEANING ABOUT 6AM AG TIME.

Just to get it straight.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

heh, cool!

I may draw a few panels of the initial reactions...Orlestat will be deeply unimpressed at being called a child. Strop is going to consult his AG User Policy Moderator's Handbook. Both of them are going to dislike this enclosed space...

To which end I have a couple of questions regarding the parameters of the world:

* How much of it is visible at any one time? Are structures like the tower even visible?

* Is the town organised and is there a way to even reach rooftops? Especially for non-flying creatures.

* Are there any open spaces at all?

* Are the walls breakable?

* What should we contestants do presently?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Sorry, scratch the last question. Missed it from earlier.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

* How much of it is visible at any one time? Are structures like the tower even visible?

In the next round the walls shopuld part more, and let you see the windows and doors, all the empty buildings... The tower too will be seen in when you get out of there.

* Is the town organised and is there a way to even reach rooftops? Especially for non-flying creatures.

Since the boundary for this round is the sky, no. Later it should not be hard to find a open door and take the stairs up, not should it be hard for a trained ninja to move up the walls.

* Are there any open spaces at all?

There will be. I have a plan with Strop and a Medival Fair in the next round, by the way.

* Are the walls breakable?

They are, but they seem to heal themselves afterwards, reveiling the odd nature of this city.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Uh! Oh! I have a question too!
How wide is the space between the walls?/How narrow are these streets?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

The narrow streets are two meters wide, the more open alleys are 5-7 meters wide.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Huge for Ezale, annoying for Hallow~
Thank you. :3

What kid of lighting is there? If any?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Streets have street lights, but above them there is pretty dark. The alleys have more sparingly light, though anyone should be able to see there.
In the next round, there should be better light, and more open spaces.

Showing 301-315 of 1813