ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454567
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You make that sound like a bad thing!

Not necessarily, only if you were late. But nobody is, so it's just a statement of fact.

Bah, I've been busted! Truth is, I had pre-written the script and did not expect the fake banhammer to be put into play. At the time of submitting, I only had a few minutes to spare, so I, as Xzeno pointed out, created a 2-second plot-hole and shoved it through there hoping to deal with it in a more comprehensive manner.

This is where things get tricky for me. I've tied Strop's backstory up in his own AG-consistent world of fiction (Story of Strop) which has its own established metaphysics, which are (and I've checked this with Cenere) consistent with the metaphysics of the world of MWT. The banhammer Strop uses is a representation of Strop's extended abilities as a moderator as opposed to a regular user. So what I've assumed here is that one cannot duplicate such powers without appropriate permissions, hence the specifier that the weapon Sasquatch was granted was a fake banhammer. Meaning that technically it wouldn't have the same powers, if any at all.

Of course, this is strictly being told from my own point of view, and applies to nobody else but me, as nobody else knows the world of fiction and the standards which I'm drawing from. In fact Crimsonblade's use of the fake weapon was entertaining and I applaud it, so no complaints from me on that count.

For my part, the solution would be to flesh out the script when I draw it- if you keep up with my work on the MWT you'll realise that a lot more goes into the drawing than the script as I have a chance to explore in ways that text and dialogue cannot. My feeling is that the fake banhammer will still shatter but it will enjoy a bit more mileage than the 2 seconds implied by the script.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well for me the fake ban hammer was basically a sword made of really good materials,that could not ban anyone.As in it was just a regular sword made from two of the strongest metals in the world.I think at this point I could say that it was damaged from the explosion,or just completely destroyed,but either way I read yours finally and the only issues I had were Yeti and Sasquatch's dialogue.The reason why I didn't include any dialogue for Strop was mainly because I was afraid of messing up the way he talked,so I guess I could give you a break there,but still there seems to be some sort of misconception on the way they act.Even though Sasquatch is typically angry and all.I don't think he talks like a Nergyl Saying "DIE CRUSH HIM I WILL KILL YOU" all the time if at all.Even though that misconception was probably because he is always angry and has killed a single person before,as well as beat down his own sister.Hers was...well....the complete opposite of the way she truly acts.The thing is even though she is the younger of the two,she has the maturity level of a 20-30 year old,and not a 5-8 year old like she did in the script.I actually feel a bit sad that I had something to criticize,probably because I'm just a huge critic of everything nowadays,but also because of the fact that you said so many great things about mine.Sorry about that and all,but I just had to make that fairly clear for future reference.Still overall it was quite an interesting and humorous story.The ending actually made me go "WTF!?" myself,as well as laugh,which can sometimes be rare.Either way it shall be interesting to see how this all turns out,and yes your right there are a few parallels between the stories that I caught,like Yeti getting knocked out in both of them for instance.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

critique...Even though that misconception was probably...more critique

Fortunately for you I submit my scripts as drafts, and since I do have to fix that giant plot-hole, I can change the script (without having to change the action) for the parts I have not yet drawn.

So far what I have gleaned is:

* Less "DIEEEEE RAWR" from Sasquatch and more intelligible speech.

* ...hm. I don't understand what you mean by "complete opposite of the way (Yeti) truly acts" because as far as I could tell she was being the mature one in the script that I wrote. 5-8 year olds do not talk like that. So could you be more specific?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well maybe I just read it wrong,but let me get back to that later on today,and I will show you exact parts where it shows things that you are more likely to hear from a young child then an adult.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I realise the "big brother" makes her sound younger but didn't pick up on it as my aunts talk like that all the time! It's an Asian thing.

Looking back at this script, I remember that I did hurry it a bit as I was about to board a plane and my battery was running out, so it's highly likely that significant parts of it shall change. Such as giving Sasquatch a smidgen of dimension to his actions and his plans, and filling out some details so the plot holes disappear. One should always be prepared for liberties taken but nonetheless I know I could do better.

Strop has a larger agenda but I've just realised it doesn't require him to win this round in order to carry it out- at least I'm under that impression (I should check with Cenere first). So with that, once I correct the script I'll leave it to the judging. I feel Cenere will have a very hard time choosing as your entry is really very clever, Crimson, in fact better than mine as mine currently stands.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I feel Cenere will have a very hard time choosing as your entry is really very clever, Crimson, in fact better than mine as mine currently stands.

well thanks and even if it was rushed,it was still good.I almost forgot to go on and put up the parts I thought were kiddish,but it seems you caught them now.Anyways I hope to see your final version soon,as well as possibly Xzenos.Now that I think about it I should read Skater kids story.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

So the "big brother" was the main issue? Not a problem. But...how does Yeti normally refer to Sasquatch? And vice-versa, because I know that in the script I had Sasquatch say "little sis".

Was there anything else?

My ideas for the revised script include the following:

* A more rationally speaking Sasquatch. He'll still have a loud voice, though.

* A significant section of blade-to-blade combat between Sasquatch's fake banhammer and Strop's real banhammer. This is crazy epic because as I stated on the info sheet for the banhammer, each banhammer is supposed to be distinctively unique, so one hammer would never be thought to fight another of its kind.

* Sasquatch's fake blade will still shatter in my version. You'll see how it happens

* The rest of the plot will largely stay the same but now I know exactly what Yeti can do, I'll flesh that out some more.

If this is okay, I will go ahead and rewrite the script, keeping in mind that I'm not rewriting in order to win, but simply to write a good story.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I feel Cenere will have a very hard time choosing as your entry is really very clever, Crimson, in fact better than mine as mine currently stands.

Seriously f-ing f-ed...
Basically because I have no idea what should happen. At all... Other that Kai trying to stand in the way...
Not a good time for a depression playing up...

I HAVE NO PLOT!
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

AND AZU COMES BACK AND KILLS EVERYONE AND WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I don't think so....but do you want to join my tournament...as I said a while back...mine will have blackjack...and strippers...oh forget the tournament...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Well, he do come back, and there is enemies for him to kill, but he is unlikely to win. Just get back here about the 10th or so.

I don't think so....but do you want to join my tournament...as I said a while back...mine will have blackjack...and strippers...oh forget the tournament...

Cool.
And as said before, there is action for you in the next round. If you want to.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It's cool Cenere, remember you have one more round before then...That should be easy enough!

If Strop should lose he might need to find those others...jail break!

That might end up being more epic, you know.

Dum de dum...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

If Strop should lose he might need to find those others...jail break!

I will make sure it isn't too hard for him to find them.
Because, well, they are escaping, and will [spoiler] in the next round.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Must...break...out...of...cell...

Summons up giant capsicum...named....DUN DUN DUN!!!!

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/caps.jpg

I plan on making a movie when I can get a good enough capsicum...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

No cell, KR...

Showing 1306-1320 of 1813