ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454624
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Wait..Cen.
We are not supposed to kill our opponents?
That's awesome! My idea wasn't really effective for killing, just for trapping and letting the victim sit there or all eternity...or at least till someone helps them out.

In other news: I got a new puppy!
I just had to tell some people...Soz for off topicness.
Will stop now.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Strop is trying, but... At least there is a script... *stares at description of Kai-pain, winces*

You shall have storyboard for Conflict by the 7th. No worries there.

Absolutely not doing any drawing on Masquerade until I have completed all the concept sketches for it. And that kinda thing is lower on my priority list.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK the fact that I'm not supposed to kill my opponent kind of changes the story a little bit,so I shall have to cut down on all of the gore I was planning on adding in to it,and instead just make it fairly painful,but not too much to where he dies.This shall be a challenge.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You are allowed to kill your opponent, but somehow I would not believe it to be IC. You are allowed, I just try to discourage it.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Sorry I've never seen the term...

IC

..before could you tell me what that is supposed to mean.I have seen tons of acronyms in the past,but somehow that is a first to me.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Okay, OOC = out of character, meaning you are talking outside the rpg.
IC = In character, basically rp'ing. Also this term is used, if the thing that happens is what the person would do. When I say that it would not be IC, it is because I amnot that sure that Sasquatch and Yeti are able to murder. But of course I can be wrong, as I know little about your characters, and have not seen their diffenret sides.

Like Kai being a coldblooded assassin, when he is on a mission that needs that trait. Of course, this is a part of both his history and his personality.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

it is because I am not that sure that Sasquatch and Yeti are able to murder.

Well Yeti mayb e not,unless she needs to as she puts her won life above that of people she does not know.Sasquatch on the other hand...well have you ever seen his anger management issues?Also remember the barber?Where do you think he got that first Bell Pepper huh?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

There is a... Why am I discussing this. Okay, when you get to know about character development, we will have this discussion again, untill then, just try not to kill off too many of the other contestants.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I thought the main issue was this:

If you kill somebody's character, that's a major step regardless of whether one can resurrect or not, and if the story is possibly to become canon it will require consent from the other player. Without consent your version of events is unlikely to hold.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Probably that too. Just... try to avoid the killing for now, and let the other have a chance of having a little fun after the round too. Or talk to ou opponent, I guess...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Okay, when you get to know about character development, we will have this discussion again,

Cenere I'm going to assume you don't know that over in my area we start learning about character development in the 6th grade,and that I'm in 10th.I understand it enough,but trust me the only time that I recall ever taking them out of character would be when Sasquatch started talking intelligently,and that was caused mysteriously by them entering this new strange place that they are in.If I were to have them do something truly out of character then I would be sure to have a reason.

Anyways I shall try to stick with not killing the strange little demon....thing,or whatever it is,but also how the heck do you even pronounce Nergyl?That's been bugging me for quite awhile now.Anyways I'm going to go ahead and try to start....soon.

One last thing you want us to talk to each other about our story of the events that we plan on having in the fights?I'll see what I can do with that,although I don't think that will work out too well for strop as he would just be talking to himself....again I'll see what I can do.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Sorry, sorry. Just... nevermind. Not mycharacter, I should not care.

One last thing you want us to talk to each other about our story of the events that we plan on having in the fights?

Only if you are about to kill him... I choose the version/winner, but if you want to kill off a chara, then talk to the owner.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I would say &quotlz don't jump on each other" here but, well, obviously when personal characters come into conflict with other characters the sparks are going to fly, so I hope everybody is prepared to put up with a lot of drama, as well as try to minimise said drama.

A few issues to remember: your characters are only as realistic as your life experience allows. Most people here (and this will sound harsh) are still in school or have barely left school. It is highly doubtful that most people here are, by definition, even capable of generating a realistic, multi-dimensional character no matter how much theory you've learnt.* I'll leave it to the GM as to whether to account for this or set their own yardstick, just like the need for nerfing etc. etc.

Along similar lines, we can only judge character by how much we (the other players) know about them, and I believe that some of these characters don't have a particularly rich backstory due to the circumstances in which they were created.

I'll see what I can do with that,although I don't think that will work out too well for strop as he would just be talking to himself

As far as Strop and Orlestat are concerned, anyway. However a large portion of my script requires Kai's input, so I consulted Cenere before I published any portions of the script or storyboards here. In future rounds you may find out how I go about this business.

* Wow, I'm being so ageist here. And to think that while I was still in school such statements would annoy the heck out of me. Oh well, deal with it =P
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Most people here (and this will sound harsh) are still in school or have barely left school. It is highly doubtful that most people here are, by definition, even capable of generating a realistic, multi-dimensional character no matter how much theory you've learnt.

Rant?
lol. I totally agree with you on that one, and I'm in 7th grade. That big speech rigt there, makes me want to go back and make some changes to Phil. Actually, never mind, Phil is a pretty weak character. (You'll be able to tell this in the next round.) Without his team, he is kind of useless.

My thread has some info on him I think... It's not good though.

*Thinks about making new info sheet*
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Part of what I said comes from, who would guess it, experience. Comparing the characters I create now and the characters I compared in previous years, in school, even up to last year, the difference is really quite obvious. I would be the first to say that a lot of the characters I created in highschool were either action heroes (with no intention to being anything but one-dimensional), cheesecake (hey, it was puberty), or angsty emo self-harming overpowered beasts of conflicted malice.

And better yet, a lot of adults still generate these characters on a daily basis, some because they don't want to, and others because they remain incapable. You don't have to make realistic characters, I mean, whatever floats your boat!

Showing 1021-1035 of 1813