ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454627
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

All I ask for, is the possibility of you just thinking a little about the consequences behind the actions. But then again, I have a hyper ative imagination...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

so I need to just make sure,the info on the first page about thoads characters is the most current and accurate info on their strengths and weaknesses correct?I ask because he seemed to keep changing his characters or something,but the strengths and weaknesses never seemed to be updated,or I didn't see them,so before I can continue I need to know about that.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It's possible his powers may or may not have been nerfed, it was also unclear to me, so definitely worth chasing up.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

* Wow, I'm being so ageist here.
I call it realistic. Knowing this, I try to make my character have the only attributes I can actually understand to some degree, which is childishness.

I believe that some of these characters don't have a particularly rich backstory due to the circumstances in which they were created.
Yeah, looking at my character it's almost like he was created in some sort of kick-down-the-door Sci-Fi RPG and the name just stuck. Huh. Must be a coincidence.

All I ask for, is the possibility of you just thinking a little about the consequences behind the actions.
And I wouldn't debate your right to do so. What I would debate is your right to tell Crimsonblade what his character would or would not do.

My post in a nutshell:
Look at me! I'm part of this conversation too! Oh, and I'm working on my entree.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

lol. I totally agree with you on that one, and I'm in 7th grade. That big speech rigt there, makes me want to go back and make some changes to Phil. Actually, never mind, Phil is a pretty weak character. (You'll be able to tell this in the next round.) Without his team, he is kind of useless.

Um...Sllim, i think i was to fight Phil, and his team i nthis round. If you only want me to fight phil then....allright, but i was allready planing on takeing out all three...Ah nuts.
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Um...Sllim, i think i was to fight Phil, and his team i nthis round. If you only want me to fight phil then....allright, but i was allready planing on takeing out all three...Ah nuts.

No! don't take out his team! Lol.

In my entry, he is going to be momentarily separated from his team. This is bad for him, but then his team will bust through the door and kick some @$$.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

What I would debate is your right to tell Crimsonblade what his character would or would not do.

Just seeing Sasquatch as a happy-go-lucky, a little silly and maybe a little, not dumb, but at least not super intelligent. It takes either a sharp intelligence or a second personality to be able to break someones neck without feeling terrified afterwards, but of course I am wrong (like always). So just ignore me. I am nothing but the provider of story, I guess.

It's possible his powers may or may not have been nerfed, it was also unclear to me

I never got to nerf, actually. I tried to make the characters fit from the start (which was incredibly hard with Thoad, because he, pardon me, did not see any reason to change much). I guess exaggerating the weaknesses a litle will do, but mainly I chose him as your opponent, because (to me) you had a hard time adjusting too. Then again, just ignore me, I just write...
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

At this point I'd like to add something that most people probably haven't considered: as far as I understand, despite being mostly fluent in it, English is not Cenere's primary language so there are going to be some idiomatic discrepancies, which may or may not be the reason that she comes across differently from how she may intend. Keeping this in mind, we are discussing how the tournament mechanics should work.

Not to labour the point too much, but there seems to be a subtle misunderstanding here. I agree with Xzeno that a GM ought not to dictate everything that a character should or should not do as this defeats the purpose, and particularly in this context, as I feel the desired level of play and amount of observation and interpretation of the world that Cenere is presenting to us requires more effort than is normally associated with "casual fun", given who is playing and where we are playing it.

On the flip side of the coin, Cenere is the GM and those hints that certain dimensions of realism are desired are an indication as to who is likely to do better. The real message in this case was not "I will not allow you to kill your opponent" but "I will have a harder time believing you if you do kill your opponent, unless you make it really convincing."

From the previous rounds, keep in mind that the portrayal of violence and death in this fictional universe is dark, sinister and horrifying (I myself can't see sasquatch being evil so much as impulsive), so different styles of character will inevitably bring about incompatibilities. How you resolve those is entirely up to you, of course.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Sllim, I still need the descrpiton and fighting style of your team, not just phil. I could easily take out phil so it wouldnt be much of a problem. His team on the other hand will deffinatly be more fun. Dings gonna get bashed pretty badly, but will still come out on top, just a bit worse for wear.

Strop, he speaks dutch right? I mean I know he is from denmark, and so is zophia, and zophia speaks it......wait, is cen from denmark?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I am from Denmark, yes.

Hmm, yes... What he said. *points at Strop*

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

This is in 1st person through Phil's eyes.

Part 1:

I looked up at the screen.
"Who the hell is that?" I asked when I saw my team's opponent.
"Apparently," Bob said, "that's dingsly."
"Do-what?" I said
"Dingsly." said a voice behind me. It was the man on the screen, only on the screen, he didn't have his sword. The sword was the most intimidating part about him.
"Looks like we gotta fight." I said to him calmly.
He looked over my shoulder at my team and smiled. "O.K." He said.

Very short.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Strop, he speaks dutch right? I mean I know he is from denmark, and so is zophia, and zophia speaks it......wait, is cen from denmark?
Strop is from Australia, and to my knowledge he only speaks English and a little bit of French. Blame my memory if I'm wrong.
Cenere and I are both from Denmark, English being our second language. Cen knows German too, I think. Danes speak Danish btw.

And Strop just blew the cover again~

*looks at lack of my Masquerade entry*
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Ich spreche Deutch, aber nicht sehr gut. I read German better than I speak it, though. Danish, English, German, a little Esperanto, when I have to annoy Zophia. A few words in Japanese, as well as random words in other languages as Latin, Italian, Greek and Spanish. But I tend to fail at English at times, I guess. Oh, and I speak Marc2 too.

/blah

*sigh* At least you have an excussion for now, critter...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Just seeing Sasquatch as a happy-go-lucky, a little silly and maybe a little, not dumb, but at least not super intelligent. It takes either a sharp intelligence

I think the best way to explain his personality is...childish.I think I accidentally made him act the exact opposite of the way I act myself,doing things without thinking them out,having anger management issues(or temper tantrums as a child would have)not being too bright or at least not trying hard enough to learn,and he at times actually smiles and is obsessed with fire and a particular vegetable.You got most of that right,but he isn't always happy or angry.It kind of transverses upon a certain situation,but I guess I never drew him sad before and don't plan on it,so I guess it makes since that the idea could have been portrayed,even on accident,but getting back to the contest I still need that info.Like mainly does he still fly alot or does he attack everything he hears?Those are major things I need to know before I can finally finish this whole thing up.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

And Thoad is nowhere to be seen... He flies, yes, most likely going to attack from the above, but, oh gods..., he... THOAD!!! *sigh* Most 2dimensional character I have seen for a long time (sorry, did not mean that, just frustration outlet). I think you just should take what is written, and use that. So yes, he will attack everything he hear, no, he is not that smart, and yes, easy to trick.
Note: Thoad is planning on killing the Fallen Child, I guess you can do that too.

*rubs eyes* Good I am a softass...

Showing 1036-1050 of 1813