ForumsGamesSonny Vs Sinjid (necro thread)

266 69235
RedComit
RedComit
6 posts
Nomad

As we all may know, sonny is a game that practically beats sinjid except for a few faults.

Sonny needs more stat points. Only 1 stat point practically makes leveling up pointless if not for the abilities. Another problem is that Sonny has idiotic AI.
EX: I have 0 focus while my AI has 100, AI casts re-energize on himself
At the haunted beach if you go to the training area, I ended up fighting a samurai with 400 health on my first time there. Seem fair?
End of Sonny cons.
Sinjid IS the best game I have played. Everything has flaws though.
Sinjid is WAY too easy. It has a steady income source which allows you buy that "Z0MG S0 P0W3RFU11!!!!11!1ONE!!!" armor without leveling up, in most RPG's your supposed to be torn weather to buy the best you can now, or save for later. In sinjid, you dont...makes it too easy. The wards are another story. I was able to beat the game at...I believe level 18. I still found no use for the "advanced" ward. It did too much damage for my taste. The last problem is actually 2 things. Self sufficient healing was incredibly easy to achieve. With mana and health upgrades, you were able to heal yourself AND gain mana in a matter of turns.
Thats it for sinjid.

Now you decide, which is better?

• 266 Replies
johnny_p
johnny_p
69 posts
Nomad

sinjid is really good. and the library with story to help you find the way to use the ring is very good idea

chri353
chri353
35 posts
Nomad

Sonny has a better storyline so i vote it sonny has better graphics
sinjid is too easy

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

sonny is great sinjid is like the worst game in the world. its sooooooo bad and way too overrated. i think im gonna change my name into "Sinjid hater" it stinks!!!

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I think Sonny is way better than Sinjid, because it has a better storyline, weapons, armor, etc, and its the best RPG game ever made and its my favorite.

aarin
aarin
68 posts
Nomad

I agree completely with EL_Dyablo_666. Sonny is WAY better than Sinjid. I just cant wait till Sonny 2 comes out.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

heres my oppinion, first off you shouldn't be complaining about the AI's of sonny when sinjid didn't even have allied AI's to begin with so that uncomparable.I'm actaully shocked as to how many people havn't beaten this game.If they're talking about not beating zone 4 thats ok because those enemys don't really count, seeing as how its a bonus zone.My oppinion is that sonny is better for the fact that I truthfully thought that both the story, and combat were better in it.

Vitamins
Vitamins
141 posts
Nomad

I like Sonny more because like you said, Sinjid is too easy but yet still fun. You are right, the Al is messed up but you can't depend all on your team mate maybe Krin did it on purpose to make it more difficult for us, I don't know. Either way, I still choose Sonny over Sinjid.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Well, now that I think about it......Sinjid would have a chance. But, I still go for Sonny.

TYzzERDUDE
TYzzERDUDE
3 posts
Nomad

Sonny totally wins and heres a bonus

I recently had the opportunity to ask a few questions to Krin, the creator of Sonny and the mastermind behind one of the most popular RPG releases on the web. A few fans (including myself) have been curious about the production and release of Sonny 2 so I asked Krin if he would spill a few beans and he most certainly did! So without further ado here is an interview with Krin about the latest version of Sonny.

John: Tell us a bit about your team. Who is involved and what roles do they play in the creation of Sonny 2?

Krin: Some of the people who are working with me on âSonny 2â³ include David Orr, Joan CG, Will Arbuckle. David Orr is a musician, who also did the soundtrack and effects for the first Sonny. His new tracks for âSonny 2â³ are currently being composed, and I think they will sound more distinct and powerful than before whilst retaining the feel of the original Sonny soundtrack. Joan CG is an illustrator from Spain and also a great friend of mine. Weâve been working together since games like âCrimson Warfareâ and âSinjid:SotW.â Now he is back, and will be crafting the characters and landscapes in Sonny. Will Arbuckle, the creator of the âEdible Castleâ series will work with me and Joan to bring you some high quality cut scenes to help with the narrative of the story.

John: What stage is Sonny 2 at? Can we get a estimation of when we should see it on Armor Games?

Krin: Weâve finished upgrading the actual engine and system of the game, so now weâre working on things like enemies, items, abilities, and of course, the three classes. We still have to design most of these things, both in the mathematical sense and in the graphical sense. I canât tell you when it will be released, because I donât know myself. In the past few months, most of the team including me have been locked down by things like final exams which is why we havenât made much progress, but things are going along pretty fast now. It will be released when itâs COMPLETELY ready Quality cannot be rushed.

Itâs been taking such a long time because the game is bigger than Sonny in a lot of ways. We recently talked about maybe having to split the game in half since itâs become so huge. Each Zone in Sonny 2 probably has more story progression to it than the whole of Sonny 1, and there are going to be at least 6 main story Zones (unless we split it), and several other bonus Zones that will also have interesting story motifs, but not be the driving force of the plot. Think of it as âZone 4â³ but with better integration.
John: How will Sonny 2 pick up from the first Sonny in terms of narrative?

Krin: The plot was something that received a lot of complaints about. We listened to every single complaint and we made the storyline one of the main focuses of Sonny 2. People said it âtrailed off,â and âit was too short,â and the people are always right!

Weâve worked hard on the new plot, and I think you will find the story to be more engaging and coherent than in the original Sonny. So no more random Samurai ghosts and angry shamans. Doesnât mean weâll take away the charactersâ dark sense of humor and one-liners though

As usual, a lot of the plot will be narrated through dialogs during battles, and the rest in cut scenes. In the worse case scenarios we might need to pop one or two boxes of text post-battle for you to read
John: Questions were left unanswered from the first, for example many wondered what was on the tape Louis gave Sonny at the beginning. Will we see these questions answered?

Krin: Youâll hear whatâs on the tape, and youâll be thinking âKrin was probably high when he did this.â And no, itâs not a Rick Roll or anything of that nature.

You will also find out what happened on the ship the day Sonny was resurrected. Youâll get answers to most of questions presented in the original Sonny. Of course, those answers will just be the beginning

John: What are some of the new features of Sonny 2?

Krin: The AI has been improved and friendly AI is designed so that you wonât need to depend on them so much anymore, so the chance that you lose a fight because your AI teammate randomized the wrong ability will be much less. Iâve decided I donât want to give players full control of the AI. There are plenty of games that do that, and I think itâs more interesting to have to work WITH the AI rather than control it completely. What you ARE able to do though, is to tell a teammate to fight in a different style. The 5 modes of AI are: Phalanx, Defensive, Tactical, Aggressive, Relentless. You can change it in combat.

Bosses and fights can now have âphases.â For example, once you get a boss down to 50% life, he might say âNow I pwn you!â and starts using completely different skills and fighting styles, so your tactics and strategy are REALLY put to the test this time!

There is also a âhardcoreâ more to play on. This mode will be like the normal mode, except each turn you have a limited time to make your move. Iâm thinking of making it so that the faster you make your move, the more effective it is and the less likely it is to miss. This will put pressure on you and make it more intense and challenging.
John: Sonny 2 is upping the ante with three classes and ability trees. How hard is it to keep the game balanced and fair in gameplay?

Krin: Since there is not yet any multi-player interaction, balancing the classes basically means that the game is equally fun to play for all three classes. This can still be hard though, because we need to make sure all bosses are beatable with any class. And since the classes all have different ability trees, weâll need to make bosses have more than one weakness (unlike the bosses in Zone 4 in Sonny, where there was only 1-2 viable tactics per boss). This doesnât mean weâre planning to make it less challenging though. Weâre actually hoping to make the endgame of Sonny 2 even more intense.

The actual ability trees themselves will be more flexible and useful than before. And example ability from the Biological class is âCrystallize.â It stuns the target for a couple of turns, yet at the same time shielding it from all damage. This could be used both on friends and enemies, for both defensive and offensive purposes.
John: What are some of the other challenges you are facing in creating Sonny 2?

Krin: Writing the story was hard. When we made Sonny, we never really thought people would be so interested in the story, so we left a lot of open ends. The challenge in Sonny 2 was to find a way to create a story that would be coherent with the first one, and also very exciting to experience on its own, AND also explain the loopholes weâve left in the first Sonny.
John: Any thing else you want to mention about Sonny 2?

Krin: Before people have had to wait up to a year for a new release of my games⦠And Sinjid fans are still waiting for 3+ years (I havenât forgotten about you!). Donât yell at me for having to wait two months :P Weâre going fast, but we wonât release it until itâs reached the quality we want! Iâll get some screen shots when we are a little bit more progressed!

There you have it. Donât yell at Krin, heâs working hard and it makes him sad.

Weâll try to keep up with Krin and his team as they work through the various portions of the new Sonny game. Thanks Krin for the interview

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

Also, you have to remember that Sonny is only that of what you personally have made of him (so far) where as Sinjid is kinda all the same. At my personal levels with both characters, I would bet my computer on Sonny. Yet for others, like those who enjoy Sinjid moreso than Sonny (you freaks), Sinjid may be victorious.

It's all in how you look at it.

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

Sonny rules I got bored with Sinjid.

MyNameIsZain
MyNameIsZain
464 posts
Nomad

i ahte both games.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Sonny is a lot better, and more advanced. the only problem is that you can't walk around and there is only one way you can get through the game.

Psyx
Psyx
38 posts
Nomad

Sonny Is Waay Better Than Sinjid

MasterKainIV
MasterKainIV
18 posts
Nomad

I think it would be a tye but thats what I think

Showing 166-180 of 266