ForumsWEPREvolution, creationism and the school cirriculum

697 104836
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well to start out i dont beleive in evoltuion so the fact that other things cant be taught really ticks me off but i just want to see what people think and why.

• 697 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

It's really not a scientifically supportable standpoint but if you want to support creationism then do it.

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

i dont think you want me to say things that will go through one ear and out the other.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Don't say that! Creationism doesn't go through one ear and out of the other - it goes in one ear, bounces off of solid fact and then retreats into a corner to cry.

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

no, i was reffering to you not wanting me to preach to you, about stuff you wont even listen to, but critisize

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I have to listen to it to be able to criticize it. And besides, what's wrong with criticizing something that has obvious flaws and fallacies?

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

Evalution has flaws to it too
According to my biology book over millions of years non living things became living to make the first cell

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

According to my biology book over millions of years non living things became living to make the first cell

...That is true...We even made living cells in a lab....
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Evalution has flaws to it too

Evaluation seems to be like a good thing to do, like proofreading. That way you won't spell "evolution" like "evaluation".

And where do you find fault with this?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

no, i was reffering to you not wanting me to preach to you, about stuff you wont even listen to, but critisize

I listen, I also refute when I find flaws.

That's abiogenesis, we also have evidence of this being the case.

The 'Big Bang' cosmological model, simply stated, tells us that a very long time ago the universe was very dense and very hot. As time goes on the universe expands and cools. That's it, no explosion, no miniscule point in space occupied by all matter, none of these misconceptions which are unfortunately so prevalent.

Abiogensis shows how, given the conditions on the early earth, standard and even common chemical reactions can form simple amino acids, the building blocks of all cellular life, which became capable of self replication.

Evolution explains how organisms have varied expression of genes, most notably through allele frequency, and how these variations alter the appearance and structure of organisms. Evolution also explains how genetic drift and natural selection stimulate certain genetic expressions and allow for favorable traits to survive and flourish, while detrimental traits often lead to the extinction of the organism, or the modification of the expressed gene in such a manner that the trait itself becomes extinct within the genome.
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

i have. i study stuff like that. i study other religons.
im not debating with you guys

Are you studying biology? Chemistry? Physics? Or anything that has to do with science? Probably not...

And what's the problem? That the earth is millions of years old? Non living things becoming living things? I don't really see what you mean...
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Are you studying biology? Chemistry? Physics? Or anything that has to do with science? Probably not...

If I were to guess I would say this studying involved reading creationist and apologetic's websites.

That the earth is millions of years old?

Billions of years old. Closest estimate being at 4.54 billion years.
laza
laza
66 posts
Nomad

wow a good way to start a creationists vs evolutionists sflamewar

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Care to actually add something constructive? Just because we have apposing views doesn't mean we are getting into a flamewar. I'm guessing since your saying evolutionist that you are in the creationist side of this debate.
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

sorry, but I was just asking what the problem is. You can't say that there are flaws in evolution but not saying what the flaw is. And you can't say that you're studying stuff like that when you're studying theology... Why? Because there's no science in theology so you can't debate about it. Religion books claim to be the books of God and are therefore the truth. So they are not debatable. Even if there are many things proven to be wrong or there's total bull**** that's against our moral (killing homosexuals, having slaves etc.)...
back to the topic: I haven't heard yet one flaw in evolution but many flaws in creationism (and religion).
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

The problem is that Creationists try to disprove Evolution using 'knowledge' garnered from the Bible (which is hardly scientific) - rather than trying to find any actual scientific flaws.

Showing 646-660 of 697