ForumsThe TavernWho hates Braces?

65 9464
supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

i got mine on a couple of days ago and i hate them...who else hates them?

• 65 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I used to have them a few months ago but I have finally had them removed. You'll get used to them etc, nauseating pep talk. I doubt you've had the same treatment plan as me but I thought the first ones you get to correct overbites were worse, they give you a terrible lisp. Just don't break them, the better you treay them the sooner you will have them off.

supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

yeah...i got a bad overbite...and i wont get them off for another 2 years

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

You might get a random clear retainer to keep the mouth in shape afterwards which you have to keep on till your 21 but only at nights so its ok.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i dont have any

haha but i might get one

Shadow867
Shadow867
147 posts
Nomad

I hate the stupid things. I got them for two years, but I only have one year left. I can't wait to get them off.

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

They stink mate, I've had my off for about a year or so. I never liked them, it made playing my trumpet hard to do, and I'd cut my lips on them.

supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

yeah playin the clarinet is hard with them to...but what i hate the most about them is it hurts ur teeth when you kiss ppul

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Yeah but if you've just got them on/when they tighten them they will hurt. Mind of matter ignore the pain and get on with what you want.

supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

yeah... da** the inside of my mouth hurts like crap...they screwed up on my braces so there is a piece of wire dats been jabbing my cheek for about 2 days now

Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

A bit of gulf wax can solve that problem, smiley. Your cheek will also develop a bit of a callous over where that wire is stabbing at your cheek. Your teeth may feel tight at first, but once your teeth have finally adjusted (which usually takes a week at the most, i think), you won't feel a thing.

I've had'em for 2 years now and they don't hurt my cheeks at all. It sucks though when I get jabbed in the mouth...it sucks...but that's about it.

supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

thanx aaroniscool! i forgot about the wax...it helps

zachattacksox
zachattacksox
279 posts
Nomad

they said "my bite was wrong" They said im supossed to bite on my lower teeth and im bitting on mu upper teeth or vice versa.

Armorkage
Armorkage
247 posts
Nomad

what does 'hate' mean? if i wear two braces at every arm and one at every leg, does that mean i hate braces or that im a hippy?

hailman670
hailman670
359 posts
Nomad

i have an overbite and have a retainer untill march!!! but sadly its train tracks for me then

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I'm getting braces in exactly one week... =(

Showing 1-15 of 65