ForumsThe TavernWho hates Braces?

65 9462
supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

i got mine on a couple of days ago and i hate them...who else hates them?

• 65 Replies
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

i dont mind braces and if you do thats just bracist

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

You might get a random clear retainer to keep the mouth in shape afterwards which you have to keep on till your 21 but only at nights so its ok

I had one of those once, but I had to wear it to school, and take it out to eat at lunch, and I set it down in this clear salad tray, and I accidentally threw it away. My parents were TICKED OFF

I have had braces twice and I currently have them, and they aren't all that bad. I remember, when I was little, I used to want braces because I thought they looked "cool". Oh, I was wrong.

The thing with braces is, at lunch, you would look kinda nerdy if you had a toothbrush and brushed your teeth, and you have all of this junk stuck in your braces, so... that kinda sucks. As for the wire poking your cheek, as everybody said before, just use wax. There's also this special gooey stuff that's like liquid bandage for your mouth, but I forgot what it's called.

Just make sure that if you have a checkup and you can feel wires poking, ask them to trim it and cut it off, and they will. If you can do that, it REALLY helps. Also, don't eat any hard foods (u knew that already) for a while. Also, always brush and floss your braces really good ALWAYS. I know I sound stupid saying this, but it's REALLY, REALLY important. I've seen pics of kids who didn't and their teeth were all yellow and gross... ugh

Do I sound like ur mom with all of this nagging?? JK
naknakattack
naknakattack
10 posts
Nomad

I had braces 4 years ago. Really not all that bad to be honest. It is SOOOOOO worth it in the end when you have beautiful straight teeth!

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,930 posts
Peasant

I just got my bottom braces put on three days ago and they hurt like a *****. I want to rip them out of my mouth.

Showing 61-64 of 65