ForumsThe TavernWho hates Braces?

65 9463
supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

i got mine on a couple of days ago and i hate them...who else hates them?

• 65 Replies
Blackmetal77
Blackmetal77
74 posts
Nomad

I absolutly hate them. Im fully adjusted to them and i just hate the fact of the food getting stuck in them. they hurt so bad at first because my top tooth was hitting a brace on the bottom. Yeah...pain. Currently i have a lose band and i think food got stuck in it. So i have to get to the dentist before it starts to cavitate! Lol they really arent as bad as i made them sound. Probably bout 2 weeks to 1 month you should feal fine, and will be adjusted to them. When you get them tightened it may hurt for maybe a day or two. In the end it will be worth it. Ive had mine for 9 months and my teeth are really strait. My teeth before it were really bad and now i feel good about my mouth. So trust me the pain is worth it!

seven_11
seven_11
304 posts
Nomad

yah i hate braces they suck but your teeth will be straight, i am not sure its worth it though

Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

Armorkage they ment braces for teethcorrection giggle.

I find matured women who has braces funky.

Sep

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

They're also expensive...
My dad said that our dental insurance is paying for half of it, and the total will still be $1500... >(

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Got mine removed about 2-3 months ago.
It really hurts the first few days, but you get used to them.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

personally i have never had braces, but they look.....bad, like having a factory in your mouth, and my freind always gets his mouth cut up.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Lol, I feel sorry for all you guys. Perfectly straight teeth naturally, here.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I guess I have a taste for sweets and that leads to this...

3v3rnoob
3v3rnoob
230 posts
Nomad

They stink mate, I've had my off for about a year or so. I never liked them, it made playing my trumpet hard to do, and I'd cut my lips on them.

I had that same problem. The worst part about that was when i emptied my spit and blood came out. I'm glad that that doesn't happen any more.

One last thing:
Anyone that plays a wind instrument and gets braces basically needs to learn how to play all over agian (common knowledge). But when they come off, you get the same effect. =(
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Braces were horrible for the first 2-3 weeks. After that I forgot that they even existed...

17dman
17dman
786 posts
Peasant

I dont have to get them but they sound vicious

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Gr.. I've never had braces but my teeth aren't straight and my parents (being cheap) say that they'll straighten out naturally after my mollars fall out.

Matthewest
Matthewest
256 posts
Nomad

I got mine on Monday the 16th. They haven't put the jaw-aligning bands in yet so the hooks at the back of my mouth are exposed and have cut up my cheek which is swollen. They gave me this wax to put on the sharp parts but it doesn't help much. Some kid was throwing rocks at people and he hit me in the mouth and it really hurt because my lip got cut on the braces and it bled. It's all good now though.

My teeth feel really loose and I struggle to bite grape. Friends of mine tell me this is normal for the first week. Cleaning the food out from between, behind and around the braces is a difficult task. I must admit that they have made my teeth straighter and I expect them to be perfect at the end of my treatment.

They'd better be good because my parents payed $5000 dollars for the treatment process. >:l

But buddie, I know how you feel.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

I will never ever get them!!!! I hope...

My sister will though.

Matthewest
Matthewest
256 posts
Nomad

I will never ever get them!!!! I hope...

My sister will though.

I guess they do pay off in the end with the result of nice straight teeth. The process is painful and annoying though.
Showing 16-30 of 65