The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Moderation Wars (Download/View Parts 1-20 on page 96)

1054 176734
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

It was a sad day for armorgames...it was maybe 6 months ago. Our founder, and something of god, Daniel McNeely, had passed away. Of what? Well, Prostate Cancer (because he was too stubborn to get an exam), and about 1 million spam bots, and another 1 million ghosts, that haunted ArmorLand. Daniel went out in a blast, however, he had slaughtered almost all of the spam bots, and revoked half of the ghosts. He did it all by himself, how was he killed? The 3 spamlords, had destroyed him.
His sucsessor, Carlie, was then put in charge in the ArmorCastle (Most of the places I will be talking about is Here Thank you strop for the well illustrated map), and hunted down the 3 spamlords whom killed our honest and great king.
Carlie Ruled over ArmorLand for another 3 months, it was quiet, but she had ignored the hauntings, especially fluent in the Tavern. Many Drunks were possessed and killed during her Term. We thought that it was still okay, however. We praised Carlie. Sadly, her term was not as long as we had hoped, she soon died. Of what? Murder.
Crowds of people came to the meeting hall, and the ArmorCastle, ranting, raving, rioting, and hatespamming of this terrible crime. "Who could have murdered Carlie?!" Everyone shouted. Indeed, it was a sad time.
After this, the Mods had done something they almost NEVER done before, they argued with each other. The arguments and debates never ceased, and then, it turned to flames. War broke out in ArmorLand! Some people flee'd to the gates, but using their mighty ban-tools, the Moderators crushed the fleeing users, and captured those who might survive the mighty blow. Those who were captured were either brainwashed, raped, or enslaved.
Oddly, Ubertuna had never went into the moderation wars, he stayed at the ArmorCastle, completely unknowing of this terrible instance! He had been too busy fighting off several armies, some of which from the moderators themselves, trying to either defile or conquer the Castle, taking it for themselves.
Zoph had been fighting with Strop for the Imaginarium and the other artistry sectors of Armorland, mainly composed to the south. Strop took over alot of the North, and some of the west as well.
Moegreche had completely exiled and pushed back strops efforts to capture the debate area of ArmorLand. Using large, mechanical constructs of stone and powerful Logick (majick + logic), that crushed the users mind with pure sense, and that won every debate. Moegreche has two, extremely large Contructs, which he calls the Sentenials that stand guard out his Mansion.
Zoph has a castle made entirely out of paintings and sculptures, and has a garden/field of mazzelhs, which tend to sleep with her. Her good friend Cenere is her right hand man, and has a regemin of warriors modeled after her character Kai.
Ubertuna stays at his post, constantly fighting in a valiant battle against the riots of the ArmorLanders. He is a great soul, indeed.
There was but one force to stop the madness (SPARTAAAAA) of the Moderation wars. That was called the Syndicate, a group of long time users that go into the tavern for secret meetings, telling each other of the moderators plans. Most of the people in the Syndicate are club members. Sadly, clubs were the first to be enslaved.
The Moderation wars have just begun.

WHOO, I've been thinking of this concept of the Moderation Wars for a couple days, I hope you guys all like, since ArmorGames themed stories seem to be pretty popular nowadays.

• 1,054 Replies
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Well, it was just a comment on how a lot of people seem to come under fire for either being in the top 100 or making an appearance there very quickly. Sometimes these users are accused (sometimes incorrectly, sometimes correctly) of spamming or, even in some extreme cases, flagrantly spamming and in the day where referrals used to exist, creating hundreds of fake (ghost) accounts to exploit the referral system.
That's why we got rid of referrals. But aspects of the politics remain. Also endemic to those in the top 100 are people who occasionally go troppo because they've had enough of being known only for having so many AP.
So yeah, that's also why I've been keen to make the distinction between those in the top 100 and those who have access to Armor Castle. And as you can see, this division is playing out majorly in Thoad's work.

Oh alright, and I was there for the refferals, so I know how it played out. Same thing with the Merits, although, users can no longer send in one....

I already posted todays segment, you just gotta wait till tomorrow. lol.

Tomorrow as in the next day? As in after school? As in when I have free time after school tomorrow?

........Whoopdey-doo! >_>
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

And as you can see, this division is playing out majorly in Thoad's work.

yep, I was so amazed by your map that I decided to use it as a reference of armorgames, btw, in the ArmorLand I use, the Residency is almost a wall, so clumped together a roach could barely get in. Also, using Residence vs Aristocracy, think of The Slums and the hightown. Like a tale of two cities.
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Yeah, Strop, that is a great map of Armorgames! I was expecting something along the lines of paper and lines drawn on. But wow!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

A bit of a conceptual spoiler but that's okay...what I intended to do actually was relate the various regions of the residences within the walls to the backgrounds of the users themselves, so there'd be different styles of housing. I never intended to portray it realistically either (concretely mapped), as this is all virtual space.

A very significant portion of the AG residences would in fact be overcrowded rickety stone condos though, that's to be sure. But it's the residences in the wilderness that are the most rundown and creepy, as many of the users login once and never come back...

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

A very significant portion of the AG residences would in fact be overcrowded rickety stone condos though, that's to be sure. But it's the residences in the wilderness that are the most rundown and creepy, as many of the users login once and never come back...

Haha, yeah, so what about the Moderation team? Would they have a apecial area, that once they all shared?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

which reminds me, what exactly is the "great shuffle"?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Dunno if you were around for it. The forums used to be organised differently. Until the "Forum Games" section was formed, and we reorganised all the gaming section into their respective forums as they stand today (with the exception of the Sonny 2 section).

We then had to go through about 400 pages worth of threads and move all of them to their appropriate places or lock the ones that were well and truly dead. Took us nearly a full day working in shifts.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Haha, yeah, so what about the Moderation team? Would they have a apecial area, that once they all shared?

I should probably redirect questions on this to my own thread since it's not directly related to Thoad's fiction and I don't want to infest his thread...but anyway, as I see it anybody with enhanced powers (including staff and moderators) have access to the area around the Armor Castle. However it's known that not all of the mods (maybe even none) live in that area: Zophia seems to live somewhere else (can't remember what she said though), Ubertuna lives in the moat around the castle, Devoidless lives in an undisclosed location as his previous role pre-mod was to get released once in a while by Dan, pop out of nowhere and burn stuff. Strop is probably the only mod that lives in the castle (in a high tower in the castle to be specific, though a few characters regularly break in via methods unknown). Dank lives in a mansion in a field to the east of the city walls, and there's a very good reason he lives in the wilderness...

I haven't sorted out the details of this yet obviously but will get to it when I get to it.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Dunno if you were around for it. The forums used to be organised differently. Until the "Forum Games" section was formed, and we reorganised all the gaming section into their respective forums as they stand today (with the exception of the Sonny 2 section).

ooh, now I get it, I didn't know that was called the great shuffle.
Btw, look at how long I've been a member, I joined about 2 days after accounts became available, and I found the forums maybe 2 weeks later. I was around when the art section only had 17 pages.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Btw, look at how long I've been a member, I joined about 2 days after accounts became available,

No...no you haven't. Accounts have been available since Jan last year...

I was a Beta tester...so I got one a little earlier than the general public. (argh my fingers don't feel like typing)...

I hate coming on and having about 5 pages to read through...and if I can't be bothered commenting as I go...

Strop...I never get accused of spamming...and...umm...sorry I'm taken.

Good new Episode Thoad....liked it...except Strops acting wasn't very good...the other character on the other hand did a wonderful job....

Argh my fingers are being stupid...I think I played the sax too much today...
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Two days after accounts became available? Wow, I joined up pretty soon after that.

I meant "around" as in "you weren't online when we were moving everything over" because there'd be no way you'd forget that!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I didn't forget it! I'm just the pathetic archiver! Lol...I remember when there was no such thing as the Art, Music and Writing thread...it was just the Art and Music thread!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Two days after accounts became available? Wow, I joined up pretty soon after that.

I meant "around" as in "you weren't online when we were moving everything over" because there'd be no way you'd forget that!

I'm sure I wouldn't have, it sounded like a gigantic biznatch to do (that won't get me warned...will it?)

No...no you haven't. Accounts have been available since Jan last year...

oh well....I've been around before the remodeling! I know that, you know, where there was like, over 45 games all on the homepage and there were downloadable games as well?
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

and there were downloadable games as well?

There are still downloadable games...and if you are talking about the old site...there were over a hundred on the main page! Yay for un-organisation....
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

There are still downloadable games...and if you are talking about the old site...there were over a hundred on the main page! Yay for un-organisation....

yikes, that really is way too much.
th....there's still downloadable games? lol.
Showing 151-165 of 1054