ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

606 261026
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 606 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Of Cases in Comparative Politics? No.
Of Hitchhiker's Guide? I keep planning on it but not finding time.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Three Years in Tibet by Ekai Kawaguchi. Here's a page about him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekai_Kawaguchi

AustinsGirl88
AustinsGirl88
1,217 posts
Nomad

Right now I am reading the "UNBORED" book. Good way to get unbored. :P

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Under the Dome, by Stephen King. For those that have seen the TV series based on it, it's tame compared to the book.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Under the Dome, by Stephen King. For those that have seen the TV series based on it, it's tame compared to the book.

Oh yeah, especially the bits where Junior is in the pantry. That was some weird, messed up, stuff.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I am currently reading Gone by Michael Grant.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

That's a good series. I read the books all out of order and I still don't know what's going on. I suggest BZRK by him as well, or maybe the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix.
And of course I'd recommend "The Monstrumologist" by Rick Yancey because that's my absolute favorite series of all time (not including The Dark Tower). You'll probably see why it appeals to me so much if you read it.
Or maybe read The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica. I feel like I've recommended that to you before.

As for me, I'm reading another Lovecraft anthology.

Open question: Does anyone own House of Leaves? Is it worth buying?

Fourth09
Fourth09
52 posts
Farmer

I've been trying to push myself back to reading lately.

Anyhow; I ordered The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky from Amazon a few days ago.
I'm pretty sure it's arriving at some point tomorrow so I'll get to read it for the weekend.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

This past week I read the 2 Starcraft: Ghost novels (Nova and Spectres). Nova is background on the main character and was supposed to be released with the game, while Spectres is essentially a novelization of what was supposed to happen in game.

I haven't gotten around to reading the 3 part graphic novel Ghost Academy though.

~~~Darth Caedus

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Still reading Three Years in Tibet by Ekai Kawaguchi. It's on my tablet and I don't use it often so it's probably going to take me 3 years to finish it.

Fourth09
Fourth09
52 posts
Farmer

Well, since my last post I've received and finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
I managed to finish it within one sitting which says a lot about what I thought of it.
I felt like I could relate to Charlie (the main character) while feeling like he was a completely different person.
I wasn't a fan of the ending but the rest of the book made up for that, I guess.
Anyhow; I'm still pretty glad that I read it and I'll watch the movie at the weekend.

I'm not really sure what book to get next which is a frequent problem of mine.
If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations - I'd appreciate it.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I am reading the Dreamer, by Pam Munoz Ryan for my literature class. It's interesting, because it was meant for children, but our professor says it opens our minds and creativity.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Yesterday I finished reading The Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody. My mother told me to read it and I was rather expecting some boring, history text book and not the relatively-uninformative book of sarcasm that it was. So that was a pleasant surprise.

Scarlet53
Scarlet53
167 posts
Shepherd

I'm reading Rangers Apprentice: The Lost Stories

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I bought and read cover to cover to cover volume one of Saga. It's one of the best comics I've ever read. It's a fantasy-space opera following the story of Marko and Alana, a couple who were once on opposite sides of a galactic war. This has made them, and their newborn daughter, a target for both sides. I was impressed by the fact that I ended up rooting for not only Marko and Alana, but also the two main people who were sent to kill them, as each has a real motivation that makes you want to see them succeed. It's also beautifully drawn and coloured. If you're comfortable with a lot of sex, strong language, and violence, Saga is an essential read for comic fans.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg/250px-Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg

Showing 526-540 of 606