ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

613 251509
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,683 posts
Farmer

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 613 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,301 posts
Treasurer

Reading The Fallen it might be the last book in The Enemy series but I don't really know.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Reading The Fallen it might be the last book in The Enemy series but I don't really know.

@R2D21999 You appear to have overtaken me on that series. I have some other recommendations for you (You may have read some of them.):

The Black Tattoo by Sam Enthoven
Libriomancer by Jim C Hines
Framed by Malcolm Rose

And for something rather different, try Grant Naylor's novelisation of Red Dwarf.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,301 posts
Treasurer

Gawd dang it 09 I can't possibly catch up with all of this reading.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@R2D21999 I am actually pretty much out of teen fiction to recommend.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

What am I reading right now? Why, Cases in Comparative Politics. It's fantastic.

Also, I don't know the extent of what's been recommended at you, but The Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is always a good way to spend a week.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@StormWalker Have you ever listened to the original radio plays?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Of Cases in Comparative Politics? No.
Of Hitchhiker's Guide? I keep planning on it but not finding time.

SSTG
SSTG
13,059 posts
Treasurer

Three Years in Tibet by Ekai Kawaguchi. Here's a page about him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekai_Kawaguchi

AustinsGirl88
AustinsGirl88
1,217 posts
Nomad

Right now I am reading the "UNBORED" book. Good way to get unbored. :P

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,212 posts
Regent

Under the Dome, by Stephen King. For those that have seen the TV series based on it, it's tame compared to the book.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Under the Dome, by Stephen King. For those that have seen the TV series based on it, it's tame compared to the book.

Oh yeah, especially the bits where Junior is in the pantry. That was some weird, messed up, stuff.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,301 posts
Treasurer

I am currently reading Gone by Michael Grant.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

That's a good series. I read the books all out of order and I still don't know what's going on. I suggest BZRK by him as well, or maybe the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix.
And of course I'd recommend "The Monstrumologist" by Rick Yancey because that's my absolute favorite series of all time (not including The Dark Tower). You'll probably see why it appeals to me so much if you read it.
Or maybe read The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica. I feel like I've recommended that to you before.

As for me, I'm reading another Lovecraft anthology.

Open question: Does anyone own House of Leaves? Is it worth buying?

Fourth09
Fourth09
52 posts
Farmer

I've been trying to push myself back to reading lately.

Anyhow; I ordered The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky from Amazon a few days ago.
I'm pretty sure it's arriving at some point tomorrow so I'll get to read it for the weekend.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

This past week I read the 2 Starcraft: Ghost novels (Nova and Spectres). Nova is background on the main character and was supposed to be released with the game, while Spectres is essentially a novelization of what was supposed to happen in game.

I haven't gotten around to reading the 3 part graphic novel Ghost Academy though.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 526-540 of 613

We may use cookies to help customize your experience, including performing analytics and serving ads.
Learn More