ForumsPopular Media[NECRO] Rock or Rap?

410 116928
Tommy13z
Tommy13z
31 posts
Peasant

KOkay this is were things might get a little messed up i have always argued with everyone over this topic I say ROCK is better no matter what if you say otherwise or if you agree REPLY.

• 410 Replies
xShiftedHD
xShiftedHD
61 posts
Nomad

I do listen to all music, but if I had to choose, I say Rock, not heavy rock or screamo, just regular rock.

Welterweight426
Welterweight426
21 posts
Nomad

rock is where its at.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

Rock is so better then rap.rap is just like people talking fast in a microphone.

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

Both, because there's good rock like there good rap. Then there's bad rock and bad rap.

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

Rap sucks, only poor people listen to it... well and black people (no racism meant there).

FALLEN950
FALLEN950
162 posts
Nomad

Both genres have their highs, and their lows. You can wrap so many sub-genres into Rock, such as Classic Rock, Soft rock, Alternative, and metal. Rock is much more divers, and has changed so much. All rap sounds the same to me, even though I am a big fan of rap as well. Rock is by far the more superior genre of music.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Rap sucks, only poor people listen to it... well and black people (no racism meant there).

Apart from that statement being purely wrong, it doesn't really matter who listens to it, what matters is how the music itself is.
I agree more or less with Fallens opinion, apart from not being a huge rap fan.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I also agree with FALLEN. Rock is DA BEST!! Rapping is okay, but Eminem's rap songs are great too!

blackfurydragon
blackfurydragon
42 posts
Nomad

Rock > Rap.
IMO.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Rock, because it actually makes sense. It shows emotion. Rap just talks about drugs, sex, breaking the law, getting drunk, and their n-words.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Rap just talks about drugs, sex, breaking the law, getting drunk, and their n-words.

Way to stereotype rap. People can say the same about rock, because there are plenty of rock songs out there about drugs, sex, breaking the law, and getting drunk.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Do I really have to choose? Music isn't a competition. I generally assume 90% of every genre of music is crap anyway. You'll find loads of terrible Rap or Rock artists if that's how you want to stereotype them.

Just as well, there's good Rap and good Rock. You just need to be willing to find and appreciate them for what they are. Listen to Nas and Eminem and Public Enemy and tell me there isn't quality and art in Rap/Hip-Hop music.

Anyway I tend to think Rap is a technique/skill rather than a style of music, so I took you to mean Hip-Hop, Gangsta and such.

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

2 words:
NLJ FTW

Darkduck
Darkduck
20 posts
Farmer

rap and rock are cool, but i prefer rock, it's more varied.

SloanerBoner
SloanerBoner
48 posts
Nomad

Rock takes a lot more talent to play, and just make the music. But after just watching Blade 2, I have to say rap, it kicks ***.

Showing 361-375 of 410