ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608975
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Yes, my apologies, I've been working on replacing my roof. So my spare time has been temporarily down to a minimum. falling way behind on everything indoors. Supposed to rain tonight into tomorrow with a chance of flippin' snow. I will get a new battle up very soon, I promise. I don't know what happened to the other 2 moderators on this thread (Pixie & LBJames). Maybe they'll make an appearance and get a new battle going..

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

According to ilberic, both Pixie214 and LBJames have been inactive lately and since he currently has no possibility to moderate this thread, he asked me to temporarily step in and moderate it for him...

Mind you, as soon as he's back to continue moderating this thread, he's the official referential and I will step down again!

And do notice that suggestions for battles can still be posted on his profile for future use!
Do not post them on my profile please!!!
__________________________________________________________________________________

So, to officially start up this thread I'll post the next battle that ilberic asked me to.
It's the battle suggestion made by chaotix567!
There's you're credit!

This battle is going to be one of the 'Proto-Punk' bands!!

The Stooges:
I Wanna Be Your Dog (LIVE)
Search and Destroy
Raw Power

vs.

MC5:
Kick Out The Jams
Ramblin' Rose
Tonight

Allright then... Let the battle begin!!! =D

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Almost forgot to close the battle before this one!! 0_o

Final score with a tie-break vote from thisisnotanalt shows:

Battle of the Bros.:

Allman Bros. - 5 - Winner!
Doobie Bros. - 4

There... now we can officially start with the next battle!

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Gonna have to go with The Stooges, man. Their stuff IS Punk music! Iggy Pop is one of my favourite front-men of all time, and the album Metallic K.O. really shows why.
Simply unbeatable in their category!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

This battle is going pretty slow... two days in and only one vote?!?! 0_o

Sure hope that there are more fans of 'Proto-Punk' around on Armor Games... I somehow get the feeling these two bands are out of league for a lot of AG users... :S

But you guys can always proove me wrong with placing votes in a surge! =P

Score for now shows:

The Stooges - 1
MC5 - 0

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I don't really care for either band, but my nod will go to the Stooges. They at least have a couple of songs I can get into. Plus there's Iggy.

Stooges - 2
MC5 - 0

Thanks for the help MrDayCee. I'm not quite back yet. Just popped in to make sure things are still goin.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I'm going for the Stooges. Rock on Iggy, you were great at the Rock Hall of fame cermony.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

As you can probably tell MrDayCee and ilberic are running the show here for now but I should e back on later in the summer. But I don't want to see standars slipping from the votes :P crappy votes make me cry >_> lol

Stooges - 4
MC5 - 0

I've got too go for the Stooges they have some high quality songs and are a great mix of Punk and good old fashioned Rock; their songs are amazing to listen too and can capture a feeling inside ya plus I wanna be your dog :O I haven't had much exposure to MC5 unfortuneatly so I can't say much about them but who needs to when you've got the god that is Iggy Pop around his antics are so funny to watch and appreciate.

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Get it in gear, everybody! This thread CANNOT die! We've had it for too long to lose it now!

ExpoBanana
ExpoBanana
128 posts
Nomad

im gonna go for the Stooges, no other reason than i like the music more.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Looks like the Stooges are going to shut out MC5..

Current score is:

The Stooges - 5
MC5 - 0

New battle coming soon. Roofing job finishing soon. Achey muscles and weary bones ending soon.. Things are lookin good, lol.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, The Stooges upstage MC5 via shutout... 5-0.

As promised, the new battle..

R.E.M. -
Everybody Hurts
Orange Crush
The One I Love

vs.

Sonic Youth -
Kool Thing
Teenage Riot
Schizophrenia

I don't know how similar these groups are, but it's a filler battle as I'm not inspired at the moment for a possibly more legit battle.

MrDayCee will be helping moderate the thread as need until further notice. Pixie is swamped in school work and LBJames I assume is off somewhere venting the Cav's loss to the Celtics.. I'm kidding naturally. I don't have that much communication with LBJames, so I don't know what is actually up with him. But as long as I have the power to do so, I will relenquish a small part of said power to MrDayCee who has proven valuable to this thread and this forum.

Thanks for the votes, now we need more voters, lol. Suggestions, as always, are welcome on my profile. I believe MrDayCee has asked that suggestions for this particular thread NOT be put on his.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

REM. They were not only one of the most important bands of the 90s, their singer is better, their instrumentation is better, and their songwriting is great too. They overpower Sonic Youth.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

REM. They were not only one of the most important bands of the 90s, their singer is better, their instrumentation is better, and their songwriting is great too. They overpower Sonic Youth.

I was afraid of the same thing actually when I started video hunting. I wanted to throw REM against someone, but wasn't sure who. My initial thought was U2, but I thought that would have been lopsided in U2's favor. Oh well, can't all be perfect battles, lol.

Score is:

R.E.M. - 1
Sonic Youth - 0
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

wow, uh, hello (taps mic) is this thing on?

Come on guys, lets get some voting here..

In case this post goes to the next page the score is:

R.E.M. - 1
Sonic Youth - 0

Showing 2881-2895 of 4274