ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608674
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

yes you have to pick..
but you also have to give a reason. as you can see by my reasoning, it doesn't really have to be deep, lol, but we need something.

Score remains the same.

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

sum 41!!!!!!! go canada!!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well, it's for one of the groups that's actually in the battle, but we definitely need more than "Go Canada!"

So the score remains the same.. So does the apparent lack of enthusiasm for the battle it seems. We're gonna try something with this battle, if it ever fixes it's flat tire.. The winner of this battle will face the winner of the next battle, which has yet to be determined.

So come on folks, let's see some voting please.

checker702
checker702
211 posts
Nomad

yeah! go canada

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Blink 182 - 7
Sum 41 - 1

Because well... sum41's songs get boring quickly and I love Angels and Airwaves purely for Tom's singing, so my vote definately has to go to Blink 182.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Nice to see that (at least) one more vote comes in for this battle! =P

Short announcement: Don't start mentioning score updates yourself, let this be handled by the moderators of this thread. All to ensure a clear idea of what's-what and avoid mistakes and discussions! Thanx...

Score update:

Blink 182 - 7
Sum 41 - 1

VOTERS WANTED!!! Help this battle revive!!! =D

TurtleMouse
TurtleMouse
27 posts
Nomad

can i add a band?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I knew none of both bands before, but since this battle is taking forever I listened a bit to some songs of both. Now I can't pretend that I have a real favourite; there's no big difference between their music, for what I can say after rushing through Youtube. But my impression is that Blink 182's music is more 'ripe' and the voice sounds a bit better; Sum 41's music is more 'fresh' and more energic. Choosing after these impressions, I vote for Blink 182 (although Sum's song Pieces almost made me vote for them; me likey..)

Bishibosh
Bishibosh
9 posts
Nomad

Blink 182
All the small things *sing*

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

HahiHa's vote makes the current score:

Blink 182 - 8
Sum 41 - 1

I will be ending this battle shortly. I've been letting them go a little longer lately because the voting seems to come in spurts. So the initial push isn't necessarily that final one.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Oohhh sorry, I never realised there were moderators O__o
The one time I don't read the OP..

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok this battle is officially over. Blink 182 has won by a score of:

Blink 182 - 8
Sum 41 - 1

In a small twist here on Battle of the Bands, Blink 182 has earned the right to face the winner of the next contest. So without further ado, let's bring on the next battle:

Good Charlotte:
I just wanna live
Girls and boys
Little things

vs.

Simple Plan:
Welcome to my life
When I'm gone
I'm just a kid

Ok there you have your new battle. Yet again, it's featuring two groups I know practically nothing about. This battle was suggested by our very own MrDayCee. He also suggested the previous winner face the winner of this battle. So here we are.

So as a side note to the voting, I'd like to see if I can get some feedback from our voters. As I'm sure most or all of you know, we feature quite a variety of music on this thread. So that being said, I don't really find it logical for a group from one genre of music to battle a group from a different genre of music. In other words I don't see the logic in having Ozzy Ozbourne face the Backstreet Boys. If people like pop, they're going to vote for the Boys, whereas if people prefer metal, they're going to vote for Ozzy.

So all this brings me to the question I'm going to ask of the voters: Do we disregard the genres and let the winner keep coming back to face any and all comers? or when a genre switch comes, do we start a fresh gauntlet of battles? Please give me some feedback on this or I'll just do whatever comes to mind and you guys can work with that.

Thanks in advance for all your input!

Once again, I'll remind you of the following:

1) Any and all suggestions are welcome on my profile. Suggest battles, thread ideas, comments or whatever you like. All will be welcome, some will be listened to.

2) Your moderators are:
ilberic
MrDayCee
LBJames
Pixie
Yes, I know LBJames and Pixie aren't really around much anymore, but since they were my predecessors, I feel inclined to include them. Especially since they didn't formally withdraw their names as moderators. If I feel that me and MrDayCee can't handle the thread on our own, I'll accept moderator requests. But at this time, I think we're doing fine.

Thanks again, and let the voting begin!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Yippiie, another two bands I don't know...
Well after listening to the songs you provided, I'd say my vote goes to Good Charlotte, since they're kinda more original, more divers in their songs. Simple Plan sounds good too, but it is more or less the same thing on all songs.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Yo, ilberic, I might be back. Idk yet...

But my vote will go to Simple Plan. I like most of there songs especially When Im Gone. Great song. But I like the main singer (forget his name) and drummer. Both good at what they do. So, that rap's up my vote.

Good Charlotte- 1
Simple Plan- 1

Correct me if Im wrong. Peace

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Don't mean to wake you all up, but we do have a battle going on here.. lol.

Good Charlotte - 1
Simple Plan - 1

The winner of this battle will face Blink 182. And I am still looking for feedback on the new proposed battle guidlines.. See the opening post for this battle (not the thread, just this battle) for the proposal. Thanks!

Showing 3166-3180 of 4274