ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608373
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

ya i coverd that for him illberic as you can see on your page

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Well I say Eminem wins by a long shot. Probably because I have more of his songs than I do Jay-Z. =)

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Jay-Z! I enjoy more of his songs than I do of Eminem

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I guess I shall vote. I hate rap, but I'll vote for Eminem, mainly because I haven't heard much by either, though I like his vocals better.

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

i hate rap too- ill vote for the guy who swears the least

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

We got a wake up call from Cenere concerning the entering of short voting posts and the missing reasoning required to them, so we'll be short about such matters from now on, ok?

We will soon post a new battle since the current one is making people post insufficiently reasoned votes and therefor makes for a poor battle... check in soon for the new to be announced battle! =)

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'll post my vote to give this battle one last chance before the next battle gets under way...

My vote is for Eminem. I like his voice better. I like his comic sense (at times.. and AFTER the Marshall Mathers LP). I like his lyrics and wordplay. Minor point - I like that he's from Detroit (I am a Lions fan, keep your comments about them to yourself, lol). Jay-Z I only like a few songs by because I just never really got into his style much. I have his Kingdom Come album (I believe that's the name) and I enjoy that, but not near enough to sway my vote away from Slim Shady.

This makes the score:

Eminem - 7
Jay-Z - 3

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well I voted for Eminem and tallyed up the score and the post was up here momentarily. It is no longer here for whatever reason.

Anyway Eminem wins the battle by a score of 7-3 over Jay-Z.

Next battle is:

Daft Punk

vs.

Darkmau5s

Videos will be posted later (by either me or MrDayCee), unless one of you loyal thread followers would care to do the honors.

Let the battle begin!

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

YEA! My idea for a battle worked! Lets just give y'all some songs.
Around the World
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
One More Time

and Deathnau5...

Ghosts N' Stuff
Hi Friend
Slip

I vote for Daft Punk because there songs just... get to me. They are both good artists but i just like Punk better. I can't describe how cool their songs are and Deadmau5 is still awsome. Daft Punk-1 Deadmau5-0

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Darkmau5
Deathnau5

Lol name fails. The real name is DEADMAU5.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'll make it an official post with the first score roundup and I'll add some more video's to mdv96's information in the process... you need something help you to decide who's your favorite, so you might as well have a nice overview!

The current 'BotB' battle a is between :

DAFT PUNK, examples of songs (with videos) are :
# Da Funk (1996)
# Around the World (1997)
# Burnin' (1997)
# Revolution 909 (1998)
# One More Time 2000)
# Aerodynamic (2001)
# Digital Love (2001)
# Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (2001)

DEADMAU5, examples of songs (with videos) are :
# Something Inside Me (feat. Melleefresh, 2007)
# Move For Me (feat. Kaskade, 2008)
# Hi Friend (2009)
# I Remember (feat. Kaskade, 2008)
# Slip (2008)
# Ghosts 'N Stuff (feat. Rob Swire, 2009)
# Animal Rights (with Wolfgang Gartner, 2010)

There's only one single vote in for this 'House Battle' so far, but 'ey... it's a start! Right? =D
First score count shows (duh) a lead for Daft Punk:

Daft Punk - 1
-vs.-
Deadmau5 - 0

Now... who's willing to counter them and vote for a tie?!

Come on all you house lovers! Place your votes!!! =)

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Wow, this one is turning out to be a dud...

Well, I'll cast my vote anyway. I'll vote for Daft Punk. I love the songs One More Time & Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. Other than those two songs nothing really grabs me between the two of them. It's admittably not one of my favorite genre's of music, so I don't get into it too much.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I haven't heard of any oof them

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I'm rather fond of Daft Punk, especially their earlier stuff. I watched one of the videos for deadmau5 and I really can't say I'm a fan, although they are a talented band. I'm going to have to cast my lot in with Daft Punk.

jtk77
jtk77
4 posts
Nomad

DEADMAU5 IS GREAT AT LIFE

Showing 3271-3285 of 4274