ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608332
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

DEADMAU5 IS GREAT AT LIFE

Please do not post in all caps, and also make sure your post has substance and makes sense. Short posts like this are considered spam and will result in your vote not being counted, and may possibly be deleted.
Silvergirl11
Silvergirl11
59 posts
Nomad

[b]NO WAY [b]

levimatty77
levimatty77
35 posts
Nomad

umm. i'm not really a big fan of both of the bands. But i was inspired at my friends singing one of aerosmith's songs. I'll go w/ aerosmith.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

well, i think this one is gonna end soon, and at this rate with a sad sad score..

The score, since we don't have one on this page yet.. And to remind people who actually is IN the battle.. is:

Daft Punk - 3
Deadmau5 - 0

I have a battle lined up for after this, but am wide open to suggestions for future battles. Also any other comments or suggestions can be directed to my profile. Thanks again!

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

well i think the only reason why people are voting for daft punk is because they are stuck in the 70's and dont give muuch modern music a chance.

im going to vote for deadmou5. amazing beats and extrodinary shows. daft punk is kinda annoying and over rated

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Wow...this finally got stickied. Good job everyone. But anyways, I vote for Deadmau5...like there songs...or mixes I guess. And I honestly have never heard of Daft Punk.

Dueces

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, unless we get another spurt (or actually A spurt) of activity for this battle, I will be concluding it shortly.

As it is, the score is:

Daft Punk - 3
Deadmau5 - 2

As I've said often, battle suggestions can be posted on my profile. Or even if you have a band/artist suggestion, we'll see if we can find a worthy opponent. Thanks!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, well I was hoping MrDayCee would have gotten around to posting the new battle, but he must be preoccupied for the moment...

So the last battle ends with Daft Punk tripping over the finish line while Deadmau5 gasses out just in front of it.. Let's hope that the next battle sparks a little bit more interest..

And your next battle is:

John Lennon

Vs

Paul McCartney

Once again, I'll leave the video posting to either MrDayCee or any voters who wish to link to their personal favorites. This is the last battle I have lined up for the moment, so if you want to see a certain battle or band, then please suggest it on my profile. Thanks!

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Well my vote goes to John Lennon. His voice is so much better than Paul's and he has way more famous songs like "imagine" and "give peace a chance". I definitely think he would still be going strong if he was still alive.
I guess I'll go ahead and post the songs for the bands.

John Lennon:
imagine
give peace a chance
jealous guy

Paul McCartney:
Live and Let Die
Band On the Run
Jet

WesBond
WesBond
7 posts
Nomad

I'm a huge fan of Working Class Hero, and I like Lennon's solo albums better than McCartney's.
BUT!
It does not specify their solo careers, and I like McCartney songs such as Yesterday, Eleanor Rigby, and Blackbird more than Let it Be and Strawberry Fields Forever.

So after much deliberation, I must cast my vote to Paul McCartney. Because it is significantly harder to sing while playing bass than while playing guitar.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I'm not huge fan of either's solo career, because Wings quickly degenerated into silly heartthrob rock/pop, and Lennon turned into a Plastic Ono zombie. Both of them have great moments in their solo careers however, and based on those and their time with the Beatles, the answer is a resounding yes for Lennon. His style was more genre-bending, more psychedelic, and all together carried more weight. A Day in the Life is one of the best Beatles songs, and it's a good example. so yes, because Lennon had more to offer and multiple levels on which to offer stuff, my vote goes to him. But I still like a lot of McCartney! D:

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Hey guys! Sorry... I've been busy lately, just like you thought ilberic, but I see you already posted the next battle! Let's see if this one has more people interested! =D

Since waluigi already posted the videos for this battle (THANX!) I'll stick to placing my vote and make a first round up of the score...

My vote goes to Paul McCartney! My reasoning is actually the opposite from waluigi's... :P
I prefer Paul McCartney's voice over John Lennon's! Paul has a much nicer voice to listen to opposed to John's who I think as a bit of a whiny voice that irritates me if I listen to it to long... I can't deny that John has made several great songs (best are in the videos presented by waluigi) and he would have made much more great songs if he wasn't killed by a lunatic, but Paul simply has the better songs for me when compared. I just love "Once upon a long ago" and "My brave face" (with Linda!), two of the best songs he ever made!

With my vote in, the first score round up shows:

John Lennon - 1
-Vs.-
Paul McCartney - 1

Allright folks... now let's make this battle a good one and have us reach the goal of an exciting close finish (like 10-9 would be eeeexcellent) with a lot of fans of these two former Beatles!
Place your votes and decide who wins!!! =D

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Hey guys! Sorry... I've been busy lately, just like you thought ilberic, but I see you already posted the next battle! Let's see if this one has more people interested! =D

Since waluigi already posted the videos for this battle (THANX!) I'll stick to placing my vote and make a first round up of the score...

My vote goes to Paul McCartney! My reasoning is actually the opposite from waluigi's... :P
I prefer Paul McCartney's voice over John Lennon's! Paul has a much nicer voice to listen to opposed to John's who I think as a bit of a whiny voice that irritates me if I listen to it to long... I can't deny that John has made several great songs (best are in the videos presented by waluigi) and he would have made much more great songs if he wasn't killed by a lunatic, but Paul simply has the better songs for me when compared. I just love "Once upon a long ago" and "My brave face" (with Linda!), two of the best songs he ever made!

So with my vote in, the first score round up shows:

John Lennon - 3
-Vs.-
Paul McCartney - 2

Allright folks... now let's make this battle a good one and have us reach the goal of an exciting close finish (like 10-9 would be eeeexcellent) with a lot of fans of these two former Beatles!
Place your votes and decide who wins!!! =D

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to have to give my nod to Sir James Paul McCartney. Not only is he phenomenal as a solo artist, as well as his duets with his wife, Linda, and his band Wings, but he wrote or co-wrote (with Lennon) the overwhelming majority of the songs for The Beatles. Songs like "Yesterday" and "Hey Jude" were almost entirely the work of McCartney, as well as the widely recognized "Yellow Submarine", which he wrote specifically for Ringo to sing.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I pick Aerosmith.

Showing 3286-3300 of 4274