ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608281
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I personally like Paul McCartney as his voice sounds less whiny than Lennon's. But that is the only thing that stops me from liking them equally.

Sloddir
Sloddir
2 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith, Better albums, also KISS only had like one good song.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I'm going to choose Lennon. I think he has a rougher voice than McCartney and I personally like the songs that the sings over the ones that Paul sings. Such as Come Together and And Your Bird Can Sing. Two classics.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

i feel like lennon was the better song writer so im going to vote for him

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Alright, the new score has John Lennon in the lead...

John Lennon - 5
Paul McCartney - 4

I'm unsure of what I think of the activity post-sticky, but since we got stickied I'm glad of it anyway. It keeps us from having to shamelessly bump the thread. I think it might work against us as people might get numb to seeing it all the time. Not sure. It's hard to tell as there hasn't been a whole lot of activity lately anyway. (I repeat - I'm glad we got the sticky, so thanks to whoever was responsible for that.)

If anyone has a suggestion for the next or upcoming battles, please post it to my profile. I don't currently having anything in planning, but I am going to have to start coming up with something.. Thanks!

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Paul mcCartney
I love his songs more than John Lennons

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Has anyone listened to Lennon's scream track? Weird. However, he wrote good stuff like "Give peace a chance". But Paul McCartney has done great stuff I can't recall right now...
Paul McCartney

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Has anyone listened to Lennon's scream track?

no, but at the end of his song "Cold Turkey" he starts making sounds like he is actually quitting cold turkey. It is one of the strangest songs I have listened to to this point.
quenciy
quenciy
15 posts
Nomad

i vote dude

derek13756
derek13756
168 posts
Nomad

kiss of o9f the way,not even close

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Allright... seems like some more new users have found the thread and need to be brought up to speed of things... 'Ghgt99' has corrected his vote already (thanx!), just sloddir and derek need to do this now...

And Paul is back in the lead again! This seems to become a coin toss of some sort... heheh... :P

Paul McCartney - 6
-Vs.-
John Lennon - 5

Anyone willing to 'toss' it the other way around again? hahaa... =)

shadowfyre541
shadowfyre541
61 posts
Peasant

I personally think that their work when the Beatles were together was better than their solo careers........so I guess I'm voting for John Lennon then, because I am a huge fan of the deep and/or melancholy vibes of his songs (namely Imagine and Let It Be). But a difficult choice nevertheless.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Good reason Shadowfyre, but Let it Be was a song by Paul.

derek13756
derek13756
168 posts
Nomad

paul mccartny,because of the song let it be its a classic

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Derek, your vote is a bit shaky, but I guess I'm going to count it because it meets the criteria somewhat. We generally prefer a little more depth to the votes.

At any rate, the voting now stands at:

Paul McCartney - 7
John Lennon - 6

I'd like to see this one to completion, but it is getting quite slow. I have another battle waiting in the wings and I think I have another suggested battle for after that. Feel free to post any suggestions you guys have on my profile and we will get to them when we can. Thanks!

Showing 3301-3315 of 4274