ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608025
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well, my preference would be The Nightwatchman, though I generally don't like Tom Morello. I'm picking the Nightwatchman primarily because of the song The Road I Must Travel. It does have a Bob Dylan-esque feel to it which kind of disgusts me to even say, since I love Bob Dylan.

Anyway that puts the score at:

The Nightwatchman - 4
Street Sweeper Social Club - 0

It seems as if this battle is a bit of a dud because no one wants to do research, but rather vote for bands they know and love (or hate). Well, if that's the case, then the next battle is going to be a slow one too. As I always say, if you guys want to see someone in a battle or have a battle suggestion, post it on my profile and most of the time, I will make it happen.

Thank you to those who have contributed thus far. Let's see if we can get some more voting!

Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

My vote goes to The Nightwatchman.
Could you make the next one Beatles Vs Rolling-Stones

flimflamy
flimflamy
5 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith even though the they started playing sucky stuff in the late 80s and never stopped but kiss always had a few good songs on a album then the rest were just generic.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

HA!!!! i cant believe after all this time we still got an aerosmith kiss vote XD

Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

I will deffinetaly have to go with Aerosmith. Dream ON, Walk This Way, November Rain.

Kiss was good, but they only had a handful of good songs, and weren't that good at guitar.

WeZG
WeZG
54 posts
Nomad

Definitly kiss...detroit rock city was amazing

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Lol, three in a row (well, almost)! Guys, the battle between kiss and aerosmith was the first one, it has ended ages before XD

Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

You should make a new one.

Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

Lets go Aerosmith! If we are still on that, which would be strange after 345 pages.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

You should make a new one.

Why?

Lets go Aerosmith! If we are still on that, which would be strange after 345 pages.

Your dumb

Ok.. poll stands at

The Nightwatchman - 5
Street Sweeper Social Club - 0

Alright.. lets get these votes goin'! Lets stop with the voting or Kiss or Aerosmith please.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Seeing as there has been no posting from are regular thread mods. Ilberic and Mrdaycee for a while and this battle has lasted a month, I have decided that I need to take on responsibility of running this thread until the regular mods. return.
First, we need a new battle, as this one has only seen five votes for bands that are in the battle. So, the new battle is...

Skillet vs. Family Force 5

Skillet: Monster
Awake and Alive
Comatose

Family Force 5: Love Addict
Fever
Radiator

And sorry if I offend anyone by taking control, but this thread is dying and needs a new battle desperately.
New suggestions can be placed on my profile.

jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

I agree Wa. great idea. Atleast till a mod comes. ill tell daycee. Ima vote skillet. i honestly dont like either but after hearing a few songs, i liked there flow better.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Atleast till a mod comes. ill tell daycee

Oh, its not like im back or anything.

Ill vote for FF5. Ive never really listened to either bands but from the links, I like FF5. Especially Love Addict. Nice little head-banger to it!
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Sorry about that. I didn't realize that when I posted. I'm just so used to the other two. But still, that other battle did need to go.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I was going to change it today... like I said before, I have mixed emotions about the thread being stickied... I can't be the one making every other post, because it just violates the rules. So instead, I have to wait for some action in order to build up to a score totaling post... and in my disgust of lack of action sometimes, it turns me off to this thread... in other words, the more action we have the more I'm involved... I have checked it probably 4 days in the past 7, and it has done nothing but the original wave of votes. I have debated just tossing my hands in the air with this thread, but I can't just let it go because I have a genuine interest in it... All that being said, I'll place my vote...

I'll vote for Skillet. I like the contrasting male and female singers and the overall feel to their music. What I heard of Family Force 5 I didn't care for at all. Just didn't like their look or their sound.

That makes the score:

Skillet - 2
Family Force 5 - 1

waluigi... thanks for the post. Like I said, I was going to post this battle today, but you beat me to it. For the next month and a half my schedule is going to be ridiculous, so at times I may not be able to get to it. I haven't heard from MrDayCee as of late, but we don't always communicate while we're floating around the thread and the website, so he may be here as well. Battle suggestions can still be posted on my profile as I still check that daily. If this battle doesn't get a head of steam, we're going to have to go back to popular bands (I'm thinking Aerosmith vs. Kiss..... just kidding)... I get the feeling that people are just unwilling to learn about bands they don't know about and so that's what kills momentum at times..

Showing 3376-3390 of 4274