ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607991
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Well, LbJames cleared me to help mod, so I'll be around as well. Actually, probably quite a lot.

Now for my vote. My vote goes to Family Force 5. I love the sort of techno beats combined with a more metallic guitar and singing that are found in songs like Radiator and Fever. Not only that, but the singer I feel is pretty good.

The new score leaves us with a tie of
Skillet: 2
FF5: 2

The_King
The_King
3 posts
Nomad

Hm, tough decision. I would most likely vote for

FF5
because I literally have grown up with them. My older brother is a band geek and has almost EVERY CD known to mankind. I have ninja-ed my way through his room and grapped a few of FF5 CD's. Not to shabby in my opinion!

Thats why I vote for FF5
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'll make a short check-in here...

I'm still around, just totally SWAMPED with stuff, so I've been quiet a long time, sorry guys... =/

But for everyone rooting for this thread, keep rooting!
And the CRBWC is coming soon too, so hang in there...

I'll return active real soon, that's a promise! =D

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Good to see you haven't left us Mrdaycee. Can't wait till you're active again.
Now for a quick score update. Maybe a bit pointless with just one more vote, but FF5 now leads:

FF5: 3
Skillet: 2

Now let's get dem votes in

flareoen
flareoen
37 posts
Nomad

i have to vote for Nine inch nails

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

family force five all the way skillet is awful

PercyRules
PercyRules
40 posts
Nomad

i go with Skillet slite edge

PercyRules
PercyRules
40 posts
Nomad

maby ff5 cuz of first time,party foul, and die 4 you.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

So, uh, who exactly are you voting for Percy? Listing both bands like that confuses me on who you chose.

So anyway, another score update (am I updating too much?).

Skillet:3
FF5:4

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well, there are a few posts in between your count totals, but i was once admonished by a forum mod that I was updating too much. So that's why I was waiting for longer periods than I had originally.

Also, as the thread (and I believe forum) rules state, votes need significant reasoning in order to be considered valid and not spammish, or voting for the sake of points. Personally, I wouldn't count delossantos' vote. I know he's way more capable of a deeper vote than that, as he has blessed us with his insight in previous battles. Obviously Percy's vote doesn't count one way or the other since he "voted" for both. Agent's vote I think I would count, but prod him to get deeper as well. In other words, what makes FF5 a little worse than Skillet, or what makes Skillet a little better?

If you let the voting quality slip, then it gets out of control and cheap and therefor the integrity of the thread is lost a little at a time.

Just my two cents worth.

PercyRules
PercyRules
40 posts
Nomad

i ment skillet

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

well see im voting for family force five because i think skillet sucks. i mean ive seen family force five once before and i didnt really "like" there music but they played one kick *** show. skillet is just like a wanna be metal band and i dont like that at all.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

that's the delossantos i've come to know and respect! lol

Thanks!

By my count the score stands at:

Family Force 5: 4
Skillet: 3

I'm not counting Percy's vote due to lack of reasoning..

SeaCucumber
SeaCucumber
15 posts
Nomad

This battle has gotten me to listen to both these bands for the first time and I have reached a conclusion.

I don't LIKE either band. They both seem to be attempts at a metal band that will be popular and not hard hitting. And neither really has great lyrics.

But I found FF5 to be way more indecisive about who they want to be. Almost every song sounded so different. It sounded like Michael Jackson and Trent Reznor had a baby with Motley Crue. Three fathers sounds pretty indecisive to me.

While I still don't like Skillet they know exactly what they want to be. Lyrics that aren't deep but are catchy and heavier than Nickelback but lighter than Disturbed. At least they know their sound.

I vote Skillet.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

Alright, I've never actually heard of Family Force Five, so I went and listened to a few of their songs, and I didn't really like any of them.
Maybe I just listened to the wrong songs.

Skillet's song "Monster" and "Hero" are definitely in my top 100 songs of all time, and I like some of their others songs a little as well.

I vote Skillet.

Showing 3391-3405 of 4274