ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608061
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrGangstaUnicorn
MrGangstaUnicorn
23 posts
Nomad

Queens of the stone age are pretty beast
Queens Of The Stone Age-No One Knows (they best song in my opinion)

But Nirvana have to win this,as they are the rock band!!!!

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My vote goes for the Queens of the Stone Age. I love there sound, the guitar, the vocals and the like, and I love there songs, my favorite at this point being 3's and 7's.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Nirvana and not for any fancy thing. I just like their grunge more then the other bands musical gender. Some of Foo Fighters songs are good, and Them Crooked Vultures is ok.

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

How many votes are needed for a round to be over? 10 for one band right?

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

It depends. If the voting starts getting slow, then sometimes the battle gets cut off before any band reaches ten votes.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, I think I've waited long enough for a score update at this point. Hopefully everyone is being patient between battles. Since we've been stickied, I've tried not to post the score so often (a.k.a. - cheap, but at times necessary bumping).

MrGangstaUnicorn - I didn't count your vote, because we would like to know what makes you believe that Nirvana is "the rock band". Not that I'm disagreeing or agreeing with you, but we need more reason than that.

So the current score is:

Nirvana - 7
Foo Fighters - 6
Queens of the Stone Age - 2
Them Crooked Vultures - 0

I believe I have a battle suggested by a voter waiting in the wings, but am always open to more suggestions. Post any battle suggestions or thread suggestions or comments of any sorts you like on my profile. Thanks as always!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I checked in regularly and noticed time and time again that no one has yet voted for "Them Crooked Voltures"... I wonder how come? It's a great band put together by and consisting of several of the greatest artists out there, including the main person in this battle, 'Dave Grohl', of course, but why hasn't anyone favoured them? =/

Granted... I voted different as well, but still... is there no fan of them out there?! At all?! O.O

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, this battle is now officially over. The score is just above so I'm not going to repost it, but instead just let you know that the winner is:

Nirvana!

Ok voters, we're gonna challenge you guys to research a little bit here in battle Tom Morello:

Street Sweeper Social Club

vs.

The Nightwatchman

MrDayCee I believe will be obliging with the videos momentarily. Have patience, check out the bands and vote accordingly. This battle suggestion was given partially to me by HaHiHa. If you have someone you want to see in a battle or have a suggested battle for us to post, then please let me know by posting on my profile. Thanks!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

As requested by my fellow BotB mod ilberic, I did some research on both of the band and the project posted for this new battle and let me tell you... I was really amazed with what I found! =D
Being a fan of Rage Against The Machine, and this way know of Tom Morello's excellent guitar play, I can only urge you guys to check out both of their featured songs! =)

I won't reveil too much info, since this battle is supposed to get you guys to do some research yourselves, but it's all worth the effort in the end I can tell ya!

THE NIGHTWATCHMAN (2003) featuring 'Tom Morello' :

http://www.laut.de/bilder/lautstark/artikel/cdreview/15131/cover.jpg

Videos of 'The Nightwatchman' singles released thus far :
# The Road I must Travel
# Whatever It Takes
# No One Left
# Alone Without You ("SICKO" soundtrack)
# King Of Hell

... -VS.-

THE STREET SWEEPER SOCIAL CLUB (2006) featuring 'Tom Morello' and 'Boots Riley' :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/SSSC_-_Promenade.jpg

Videos of the 'SSSC' singles released thus far :
# 100 Little Curses
# Promenade
# Paper Planes (original: M.I.A.)
# Mama Said Knock You Out (original: LL Cool J)
# Everythang

This is what I wanted to share with you, I know a lot more, but now it's up to YOU to start digging and find out all about these two great bands!!! =D

And don't forget to post your votes in this 'BotB' battle...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

This is harder than I thought...
I like SSSC because Tom's guitar and Boots' voice fusion perfectly. I'm not a fan of rap at all, but here Boots does a great job. Also, I saw them live the first time they played in Europe, and they really kick a**. I might have a small bias though, since anyone who watched their concert is 'officially' member of the Club^^
Anyway, my vote goes to The Nightwatchman. Why? Because I love the sound of the acoustic guitar, even more when played by a masterly hand like Tom's. Also, listening to the songs Road I Must Travel and Alone Without You, I felt something I didn't when listening to SSSC. I think their political engagement and message is about the same, but they have different ways to show it; SSSC is more offensive, while a comment on youtube qualified The Nightwatchman accurately as this era's Bob Dylan.

jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

man i so would have voted for them crooked vultures. me and my mom love that band. darn it! probably wouldnt of helped anyways haha.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

My vote goes to The Nightwatchman just because of the sweet acoustic guitar!

asdads
asdads
2 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith cuz they just have that swweet sound of r and r

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

bleh... i would really prefer to not vote in this battle, tom morrello is good at his instrument, but the whole political music kinda just pisses me off lol. like please just play the music cause you love it not because you think the government is bad. kinda just defeats the purpose

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

C'mon, why is there no one voting anymore? It's Tom Morello, you can't just ignore that guys !! :P

Showing 3361-3375 of 4274