ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608104
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
7Sam7
7Sam7
1 posts
Nomad

blöf!!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'll leave the first score roundup to Ilberic and restain myself to posting the videos for the battling bands in this edition! =)

Here are 3 videos for every one of the 4 bands featured in this battle. Next to the band name is explained how Dave Grohl (mostly with a beard... YAY!) contributed to them, ok?

Here we go...

Nirvana, (Drums) :
# Smells Like Teen Spirit
# Come As You Are
# About A Girl (MTV Unplugged)

Foo Fighters, (Lead Vocals / Guitar) :
# The Pretender
# Learn To Fly
# Monkey Wrench

Queens Of The Stone Age, (Drums) :
# No One Knows
# First It Giveth
# Go With The Flow

Them Crooked Vultures, (Drums / Backing Vocals) :
# No One Loves Me And Neither Do I
# Scumbag Blues
# New Fang

And as an encore for all the fans of Dave Grohl (including me personally...) here's a nice video about Dave's addiction to that 'sweet black fluid drug called coffee' in this featured video called "FRESH POTS!!!" Enjoy it like I did... =D

softonet
softonet
2 posts
Nomad

I believe my vote is Aerosmith, I like their song Pink, the song is good and the video is funny.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith wasn't a choice...

I'm going to have to go with Foo Fighters, I've always loved there music. And I lost respect for Nirvana because of you know what.

Also, congrats on the sticky.

GabeValentine
GabeValentine
33 posts
Nomad

Queens of the Stone Age, with a close second going to Foo Fighters.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Allright, I'll make the first score roundup for this battle, ilberic seems to be hindered at the moment... =/

@ GabeValentine : we do need a reasoning with that vote according to the thread's rules, but I'll count it for now... just make sure you add the reasoning before the end of the battel, ok?

First score roundup for this 'grohwling' battle shows:

Foo Fighters - 3
-vs.-
Nirvana - 1
-vs.-
Queens of the Stone Age - 1
-vs.-
Them Crooked Vultures - 0

And thanx for the congratz jdoggparty! We're proud it's a sticky! Plus, it makes for better visibility and that's what the intention was...

Now, let's keep those votes coming people! Dave earned a lot more respect than this... =)

GabeValentine
GabeValentine
33 posts
Nomad

Queens of the Stone Age, with a close second going to Foo Fighters.

I didn't vote for Nirvana for the same reasoning as @jdoggparty. Never really listened to Them Crooked Vultures. Guess they just never clicked. I think that the sound of Queens of the Stone Age is pretty unique, as opposed to the Foo Fighters. I feel like Foo Fighters screams classic "rock band." Not saying that is a bad thing, or that the Foo Fighters are bad. Just that there are a lot of other bands that have a similar sound.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Perfect reasoning Gabe.. Thank you

MrDayCee, I haven't been hindered really. I keep checking, but since there wasn't much activity I didn't want to flood this with yours and my postings, so I was patiently waiting for more votes/comments.

I'll take this opportunity to place my vote, and that is for Nirvana. Personally I don't like Grohl much. That's why I'm glad someone suggested this battle. I apologize for not remembering who at the moment I'm posting this. I tend to pick bands I like, so with forum input I can get more variety of battles up here.

On to the reasoning: As I said, I don't care for Grohl that much, so I looked at the other elements and of course what stands out is Kurt Cobain. I loved his vocals. I love the way they redid The Man Who Sold The World (my favorite song by them, followed closely by All Apologies). So in the Dave Grohl battle, my reasoning is Kurt Cobain, lol.

That makes the score:
Foo Fighters - 3
Nirvana - 2
Queens of the Stone Age - 1
Them Crooked Vultures - 0

As always, any battle suggestions or comments regarding this thread and not regarding a current battle can be posted on my profile. Thanks to all who have contributed and continue to contribute to this thread!

crazyfrogbg
crazyfrogbg
58 posts
Peasant

i vote for nirvana, hard decision, love all bands. I was still in doubt between Nirvana and QOTSA, but I love almost all music of Nirvana, QOTSA since I enjoy the songs for the deaf, era vulgaris, not like the rest ..

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

i have to say Foo Fighters, though Nirvana spownd them, Foo Fights has the fast passed awesome, yelling at your face style that i really like and the other 2 arent that great...

NontroppO
NontroppO
366 posts
Nomad

I vote Nirvana, cause they were a huge influence not only for music, for that young generation too. =)

They got this depressing feel, but sold well.

darKguy77
darKguy77
12 posts
Nomad

Foo Fighters FTW! they do make excellent music, just my style

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Foo Fighters: they are good, I never listened much to them, but there are one or two great songs I know from them.
Nirvana: has great songs, had a huge influence, like Nontropp said. I quite like their song's atmosphere, not all, but mainly their big hits.
Queens of the Stone Age: know only their album Songs for the Deaf, which according to Agent_AAS is their best; it really is good, some songs from there are great.
Them Crooked Vulture: I found it hard at the beginning to like them, it's quite wierd sound if you hear it for the first time. I got a bit into them, my favourite being [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjHL_eMFoo] (have a listen! It's good )

Now, I really like QofSA and TCV, but I'm afraid I won't be able to vote for them because Foo Fighters and Nirvana are still better. And I think I'll vote Nirvana, because, um... because I had fun singing their songs with my friends on karaoke games! Yeah, that's why. Indeed, it is.

PS: yehaa, battles where I know all bands are rare, and this one should be fun!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Damit.. allow me to fix the linking.. here's Caligulove for ya

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

Foo Fighters[i]. even though they may not exist if it weren't for Nirvana, i feel on the whole that i listen to more of foo's songs.

Showing 3346-3360 of 4274