ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607237
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
LionMan6
LionMan6
1 posts
Nomad

aerosmith! they have great albums, and are a great band overall!

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Please pay attention to thread title when voting please.

Anyways, I think I shall put a vote in for once. I choose Muse. I like the singers voice better, and, in all honesty, is one of the only distinct voices of modern rock. I also love the almost creepy synth that gets thrown into the songs. Muse is one of the only modern bands I listen to, and therefore get my vote.

The score now is
The Killers: 8
Muse: 5

It's been a while since I've said this, but if you have a suggestion for the next battle, feel free to post it on my profile.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Muse all the way

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

oops pressed submit...anyway Resistence was amazing and the killers really dont have anything that really makes me want to listen to them repeatedly. Sooooooo......yea muse all the way

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

And it looks like this battle is finished. A final score has the tally at

The Killers: 8
Muse: 6

Any suggestions for new battles are welcome on my profile, but since there were none recently, I shall pick the new battle. Our new battle is a prog rock battle between a two groups considered to some of the greatest of all time. Rush vs. Yes

Rush:
Bastille Day
2112 (Overture and Temples of Syrinx)
Subdivisions

Yes:
Roundabout
Owner of a Lonely heart
Starship Trooper

Let the battle begin!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I listen to Owner of a Lonely Heart almost every day.

So I guess that means the answer is Yes.

LatestDisaster_
LatestDisaster_
46 posts
Nomad

Going with rush on this one mostly because of Tom Sawyer...

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

Me being a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Rush fan, i have to vote for them. they are one of my top 10 favorite bands.

i can appreciate the talent that yes has with bill brudford and rick wakeman, but i prefer rush music.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I think I'll have to vote for Yes. They are more my style of music and I don't really care all that much for Rush's lead singer's voice it borders on whiny. I can listen to them in small doses, but after a while it just gets on my nerves a little bit..

So mark me for Yes.

MuArt
MuArt
4 posts
Peasant

absolutely LED ZEPPELÄ°N

parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

Um... this battle is one of the toughest ones so far.

Rush has one of the best drummers (if not the best) there are out there, good overall musical talent and several good albums like 2112, Hemispheres and A Farewell to Kings. Their weaker albums are also superior to Yes's weaker albums.

Yes, on the other side, has/had one of the best keyboard players and a great guitarist, superior musical skills (by just a liiiiiittle) and fascinating masterpieces like Close to the Edge and The Yes Album.

In conclussion, vote goes for Yes, because I feel they had a stronger influence in the development of current Prog than Rush does, and because their good albums are much more concise (and more enjoyable in general) than Rush's.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I believeth it to be update time. Our current score:

Rush: 2
Yes: 3

Let's keep the votes going. And remember, If you have suggestions, please post them on my profile.

absolutely LED ZEPPELðN

LOLWUT?
Peek
Peek
120 posts
Nomad

Rush! Definitely Rush. I like Yes and all, but Rush is awesome. Neil Peart has more tiger blood than Charlie Sheen ever could. He's a fantastic drummer AND lyricist.

Also, ironically, the members of Rush are actually big fans of Yes.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

Also, ironically, the members of Rush are actually big fans of Yes.

im sure its the same for yes with rush. the two bands werent that far apart in time.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I vote for Yes. Fragile and Close to the Edge are absolute ****ing masterworks, even moreso than anything Rush ever put out, and Neil Peart's technical skill is about as important to the quality of Rush's music as sand is to dancing - and Bruford's skill was close enough anyway for it really not to be a factor at all. Jon Anderson is also best pony.

Showing 3616-3630 of 4274