ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607128
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'll take Nirvana. I like Cobain's voice better and I like their music a lot more. I just never got into anything by Alice in Chains..

I just wonder sometimes where they would have taken music and themselves had Cobain not died when he did.

kurtcobain1994
kurtcobain1994
45 posts
Nomad

Nirvana Because there music is much better than alice and chains also cobain is a legend

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I decided to check into the 'BotB' once again to add my thoughts to the nice Phil-Peter battle and... I'm too late?!?! (for me that's: as usual, same old-same old and what's new?!) =/

Oh well, let's vote for the current one then! =D

Not two of my most favorite bands, I like a lot of genres and styles in music, but somehow grunge never really got to me, don't know why though... but if I have to choose between these two bands, I'd have to say Nirvana! Simply because their songs are better for my ear... AiC has made a GREAT song with 'Rooster' , but it's exactly what it is, just ONE song... where Nirvana managed to make several good songs!
That said, there's also the fact that I wil have to sleep outside in our backyard whenever I decide to not vote or root for Nirvana! My girl is a huge fan and she's ruthless towards me regarding this... *yikes* (0.o)

_ErazerHead_
_ErazerHead_
14 posts
Nomad

Nirvana because Nirvana change my way of living.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

AiC! Yes! One of my favorite bands. I vote for Alice In Chains. I like Nirvana, but I just find them overrated. I never was a huge fan of Cobain, I don't like his voice much. I like Layne's voice better, and also Cantrell's and DuVall's since Layne is no longer with us. I like how even after they lost Layne and Starr, they still continued making great music.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

easy one for me. alice in chains was DECENT at the most, but nirvana is easily the most influential band of the 90's and one of the most influential bands of all time. they may not be my favorite from the 90's alternative era, but they with out a doubt get my vote.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I would say AIC, because I like my music heavier. Also, Rooster is one hell of a fabulous song.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I have to give my vote to Nirvana. I listened to them a lot more than AIC. I can't take away from the amazingness of AIC but i wouldn't call myself a fan - whereas i am batsh-t about Nirvana.

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

Alice In Chains

Also, Rooster is one hell of a fabulous song.

I totally agree, this one and Would are beautiful. And I really enjoy headbanging on Them Bones xD
OoberxAllen
OoberxAllen
147 posts
Nomad

Ah, such a hard one. These two bands are so different it's hard to compare them.

I really love Alice In Chains but I'm going Nirvana

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Been a while since an update, so here we go.

Nirvana: 5
Alice in Chains: 3

@ Erazerhead and OoberxAllen: you need more reasoning than what you have for your vote to count. It a rule that goes with all voting threads.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Votes. We need em. I thought that this battle would have more votes than this by now. So please vote.
If you want to suggest a battle, just put it on my profile. Thanks.

calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

I think that both bands are overrated but my vote goes to Nirvana because I like Nevermind.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Somehow I could have made a sure bet on which band is going to win this battle and so far I'm right on the money, but... it's up to those other voters to proove me wrong! Let's see if this is going to happen before closure and Alice in Chains is going to surpass Nirvana! =P

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I think most people who frequent this section are more concerned over JB's sexuality then real music. Your optimism is still admirable Day.

Showing 3646-3660 of 4274