ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607185
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I see Waluigi is doing a good job on maintaining this thread! Two thumbs up @ waluigi! =D

Since it's not needed to mod right now, I'll stick to casting my personal vote for this battle! =)

Let's see... I've always had a fondness for both bands' masterpieces (read: Owner of a Lonely Heart and Tom Sawyer), but I guess I have to give this one to Rush! I've had the pleasure to witness a live concert and was blown away! They simply put the 'L' in LIVE! As for Yes... well, let's just say that my fondness stops after their masterpiece I guess... the rest of their music is very good, but not 'special' if you know what I mean...

So my vote goes to RUSH!

Even the boys from South Park think they rock!

valboss84
valboss84
1,526 posts
Farmer

I can't vote because I don't know these bands so much. Judging would be bad.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I can't vote because I don't know these bands so much. Judging would be bad.

You can always have a look at the info and the example videos given for each band... that's the reason why I include that much info with every band featured in every group! This way you can expand your horizon on rock music!

Give it a try and see what it gives... ok? =)
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Update! Update! Update!

Sorry, its been a while. Anyway, your score is now:

Rush: 4
Yes: 4

It's all-k-knotted-up. Lets get those votes going, people!

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

I vote for Yes. I have listened to their music a little bit, but I can't really enjoy music from Rush.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Well, I'll end the battle soon. It's been a while since a battle change. Anyone is welcome to get their votes in before change, but it won't be long. Also, if you have a battle suggestion, pleeeeeeeease post it on my profile.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

and so the battle ends. The final score:
Rush: 4
Yes: 5

The next battle is:

Peter Gabriel vs. Phil Collins; the battle of Genesis members.

Peter Gabriel:
Solsbury Hill
In Your Eyes
Red Rain.

Phil Collins:
In The Air Tonight
Another Day In Paradise
Can't Stop Loving You

Let there be battle!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

This is easily Phil Collins for me. His songs for Genesis are better and his solo stuff is way better than Gabriels. The best thing that ever happened to Phil Collins was Peter Gabriel leaving Genesis.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

youre killing me here. i find gabriel deffinately the better singer for sure, but phil is the better song writer. ill have to vote for peter though cause sometimes phil annoys me

ianhq
ianhq
150 posts
Nomad

Oh my god it is phil collins "In the air tonight was the best song ever until bat country came out.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

"In the air tonight was the best song ever

It's funny you should bring that song up. I just discovered it yesterday on the radio, and I was sure it was Peter Gabriel. It was only when I searched for it that I found out that it was a Phil Collins song.

I would have downloaded it either way.

Anyway, although I'm a huge fan of both of them, I'm going to have to go with Phil on this one. He has such a calming quality about him, and he simply has released more great songs. I also preferred Genesis when he was the lead singer (the voice wasn't too different but the songs were generally better).
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for not updating this earlier. I forgot about it. It doesn't look like I missed many votes though.

current score:
Phil Collins: 3
Peter Gabriel: 1

Please put suggestions on my profile. When I have to come up with ideas, the battles generally suck.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I now plan on changing the battle tonight after this was pretty much a failure. However, I'll cast my vote before the battle is closed. I choose Phil Collins, as I like his voice better and seems to have a bit of a calming quality to it. Plus, the gorilla phil commercial.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Alright, that battle was rather a dud. Final score:

Peter Gabriel: 1
Phil Collins: 4

And now for a new battle. A battle of grunge.

Nirvana vs. Alice in Chains.

Nirvana:
Lithium
In Bloom
Come As You Are

Alice in Chains:
laynext=1&list=TLsyrdtgl5S_U">Would?
laynext=1&list=TLwfXcmG7E1H4">Rooster
laynext=1&list=TL_6HVNezg8Pg">No Excuses

Let the battle begin.
Think you got a battle then the one I posted? Suggest it on my profile!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Aughhh.... that's the last time I suggest a battle...

Nirvana vs. Alice in Chains.

Despite the fact that I'm almost entirely certain that this battle has been done before, I couldn't find it using the AG forum search and therefore I have no evidence to back it up.
Showing 3631-3645 of 4274