ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606905
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Change the battle up to 4-3 because there's no way I can choose between the two, so I'm voting for both bands so they're both closer to winning. If that's not allowed then forget I was even here this round.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Foreigner, no doubt. Their music is what defines the classic rock genre. It combines all of the traits.

Wish I could say more, but there's really not much to add.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Their music is what defines the classic rock genre.

Foreigner does have the classic rock sound, and they stuck with it! Toto is a good band but it sounds like they could never decide on a sound of their own, so their music is a bit scattered all over the place... or so it sounds to me anyway!
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

THE OTHER MOD SPEAKS

Alright, time to cast my vote. I'm going to vote for Foreigner. I admit I'm far more familiar with Foreigner, but after listening to samples of Toto, I have to say that Foreigner just has a harder sound than Toto. Also, I think Toto embraced the 80's far, far more than Foreigner did. I may still check out more Toto in the future, but Foreigner gets my vote.

Also, Urgent is best song by Foreigner.

Score is now

3 - TOTO
-VS-
4 - FOREIGNER

As Daycee has said before, We need more votes. Keep 'em comin'

If you think you got a better battle than what we have going right now, feel free to suggest it on either Daycee's or my profile.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I suppose a battle change should come soon. I didn't realize we let it run this long. I'll have a new one up within the next 1-3 days.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

foreigner! woohoo!

change the score to 5-3.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

@ Light-Chaser I'll let your vote slide just because I'm changing the battle and there's no time for you to add to it, but in the future, please incorporate a reason with your vote. It's in the rules.

Anyways, this battle is coming to an end, with a final score of:

3 - TOTO
-VS-
5 - FOREIGNER

Now to go back to the 60's for this next battle with two bands who were a helluva crazy. Ladys and Gentlemen:

THE DOORS VS. THE WHO

The Doors
Light My Fire
Peace Frog
Love Me Two Times

The Who
Baba O'riley
Summertime Blues
Pinball Wizard

Let the battle begin.

And the usual notice; if you have a battle you want to see here, feel free to suggest it on either Mrdaycee's or my profile. That is all.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

Ok, thanks for clearing that up...

I have to say the who, because they have pinball wizard. and their old drummer (keith moon) was a bathroom bomber

(If you haven't heard of uncle johns bathroom readers, go to their website at [url]www.bathroomreader.com[/url])

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I have to go with The who. Don't get me wrong, I adore the doors. Incredible doesn't sum them up - but The Who are one of my all time faovurite bands. Their music makes me swoon.

kj4qex
kj4qex
4 posts
Shepherd

"He's a pinball wizard there's got to be a twist! Cas' a pinball wizards got such a supple wrist!" great song therefore my vote goes to The Who

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The Who have a wide variety of great songs that anyone can appreciate. Even decades later, it's hard to say that songs like "Won't Get Fooled Again", "Baba O'Riley" or "Who Are You" could be considered anything short of timeless.

The Doors have a few good songs, and Jim Morrison certainly was a character in his time, but it's truly an acquired taste that not everyone can easily appreciate. I also find myself wondering how famous they would be today if Jim Morrison were still around.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

This is tough.

But in terms of sound, I like the experimentation The Doors did, with no bass and the keyboard, along with Jim's voice, they get my vote.

SkywardStriker05
SkywardStriker05
33 posts
Nomad

I have to go with The Who. Keith Moon's drumming is impeccable. Not only that, they had some great lyrics, and Roger Daltrey really delivered them well.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

New battle and already some votes in! This is looking good people! Excellent!! =D

@ kj4qex : your reasoning is too thin to count your vote... sorry! Please provide a more elaborate reasoning than a mere song and we'll count it, ok? Thanx! =)

@ Ernie15 : I thiiiiink you're voting for The Who... right? If not, tell me and I'll change your vote for you, ok?

I'll cast my own vote right away as I've been slacking on my modding here a bit... thanx for picking up where I dropped it waluigi!

My vote will be for THE WHO! The doors are a legendary band with some awesome songs in their repertoire, but aside from that, the fact remains that the band has become so legendary because of their frontman Jim Morrison and his (to me stupid) death...
Granted, "Riders on the Storm" remains a truly awesome song, if only because of it's dark rythmic vibe, but The Who puts so many huge cannons up against it with a.o. "Baba O'Reilly", "Who Are You", "Pinball Wizard" and "My G-G-Generation", that The Doors are easily defeated in my opinion!
And even though "Tommy" was a little less, I can always, ALWAYS, listen to The Who, whereas The Doors become tiresome after a while...

So, with my personal vote counted, the score shows:

5 - THE WHO
-VS-
1 - THE DOORS

Allright, first score roundup! Let's keep it rolling and stretch it to a 10 vote win for one of the contestants, shall we?!

Keep those votes coming people!!! =D

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

whereas The Doors become tiresome after a while...

I have to agree with that! They have a nice sound but it's hard to listen to them for more than a few songs!

The Who are one of the only bands I can actually listen to a whole album of without getting bored halfway through... I don't think it's possible to dislike a single one of their songs!
Showing 3871-3885 of 4274