ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606912
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hearing Steven Tyler sing is life-changing

And listening to him talk is, well, confusing as all heck..

lol
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

KISS, Gene is such an icon. Utterly unforgettable.

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
417 posts
Nomad

And listening to him talk is, well, confusing as all heck..

Yeah I watch American Idol and he has become the only reason I still do. He is hilarious
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Is it me... or are the added reasonings of such low quality as of late?! (o.O)

Come on you guys! Put some effort in it! That's not what we are used to reading from you! =/

Let those brains work a little... thanx! =)

ViceGhost
ViceGhost
30 posts
Nomad

I like Kiss but I love Aerosmith. Their music seems much more real and not just for show. I like Kiss but if you aren't watching them live it isn't that great.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

KISS has the look. But Aerosmith has the music.

The only song I like that KISS has made was Rock 'n Roll All Night or whatever it was called. I listened to some other stuff, but it really all sounds the same to me.

Aerosmith has bigger hits. Walk This Way, Dude Looks Like A Lady, Dream On, and a bunch more. I have to go with Aerosmith.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

@ AngelOfDemon : Your vote has been added reluctantly... please make sure to extend the reasoning to it next time, or it won't be added to the score, ok? Thanx! =)

@ nichodemus : A disturbingly thin reasoning from you there man... totally NOT what I'm used to from you in your posts... *raises eyebrow* (o.O)

@ alaRi : No reasoning added to your vote, not even a thin one, so therefor not counted... =/

Another score count shows a small lead for Aerosmith over KISS!

5 - KISS
-VS-
8 - AEROSMITH

Let's see if KISS can close that 3 vote gap to Aerosmith and make it a tie?

Come on people! Let's keep the momentum going! VOTE!!!

Greatgiant
Greatgiant
1 posts
Nomad

Its a tough one but I think kiss the best because there is more memorable songs

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

LOL As soon as I posted the words "Let's keep the momentum going!"... voting has completely stopped! (o.O)
I'm cursed... or what?!

Anyway... time for a new battle! And the new battle is between 2 Rock/Pop bands that have earned their stripes in this genre of music!
They both had several huge hits in the late 70's and during the 80's! And even though their lineup has changed since their initial founding, they are still performing and touring the world right up to this day!
The 2 bands we're talking about are...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8152/7556813450_94df2dd446_z_d.jpg

As usual, here's some information on both bands for those that have difficulty choosing, or maybe don't know both bands...

# TOTO
- Hold The Line (1978)
- Rosanna (1982)
- Africa (1982)
- Stop Loving You (1988)
- Pamela (1988)

# FOREIGNER
- Cold As Ice (1977)
- Hot Blooded (1978)
- I Want To Know What Love Is (1984)
- That Was Yesterday (1985)
- Say You Will (1987)

I wish everyone a WHOLE LOT of luck on this one, because I sure as heck wasn't able to make a decision between the two bands... every time I thought 'THAT band is my favorite of the two!'... I opened another example video for this post and... I switched sides again!! (o.O)

Well, it's up to you then I guess... Good luck! Godspeed! and VOTE PEOPLE!!!

FALLEN950
FALLEN950
161 posts
Nomad

I vote for Foreigner. Foreigner has always been a favorite of mine. Jukebox Hero is my favorite song by them. Toto to me was always a one hit wonder band, they had a few songs I listened to like Hold The Line and Africa. But, Foreigner had all the sample songs you put up DayCee and then some. I've always loved Foreigners heavier rock songs, and their lighter pop/love songs. I never got into Toto too much. I didn't like their sound like I did Foreigners.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I've never really been a big fan of Foreigner. I like some of their stuff, but nothing that makes me want to crank the stereo up when I hear it.

However, Toto fits that bill. Africa & Hold The Line are definitely stereo cranking material to me. Plus I like the Wizard of Oz. (no that doesn't really have anything to do with my vote, but just thought I'd pile it on)..

My vote - Toto!

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

TOTO of course D:

Those guys have influenced so much the music. On the album Killer of Micheal Jackson, they are the musicians for the most part

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I'll give my vote to Toto too :P

Their style touches me more than the one of Foreigner, and the song Rosanna is so nice! Apart from that there's not much to say, both are nice, but I prefer Toto.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Foreigner has a wide variety of great stuff. The songs linked to in the battle aren't enough to convey that; somehow Juke Box Hero, Feels Like the First Time and Waiting For a Girl Like You got left out of the selection. Even with the diversity that can be heard throughout their various songs, they still manage to keep a distinctive and unmistakable sound.

Toto has Africa. Other than that, I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to their work.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Even though the activity in this thread is to cry over... it's still a nice close call for the score count thus far! It seems like both bands are matching adversaries and right now, it's Toto who has the lead by one point!

3 - TOTO
-VS-
2 - FOREIGNER

Let's see how long they can hold up that small lead over Foreigner! Get those votes in people! Make this an exciting battle and state those favorite bands!!!

WE NEED VOTERS!!! =D

Showing 3856-3870 of 4274