ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606925
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

The last featured battle sadly seems to have been a complete bust...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2768/4205595243_3698b7b124.jpg

I guess it only prooves that AG users can't be budged into learning about all the genres of music and their history... =/

And I won't even post a score count this time around, as the only two users that bothered to vote this round (thank you guys!!) weren't enough (sorry!) to portray a decent outcome...

So... it's on with the show!

Now... about the new battle. I discussed it with waluigi and we both decided that this thread has had a lot of good battles in the past and it's finally time to revive some of those battles (mind you: not all of them!) as they were popular enough to have a decent post count and would add to the revival of the thread!

And what better way than to start off the revival with the very first battle ever posted by the thread's founder XxLBJames23xX back in 2009? That's right people! Those that made the mistake and posted it every now and then, now actually have the opportunity to vote for :

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5465/7401602302_21fc71dabe_z_d.jpg

And of course, here are some additional examples from each of the featured contestants to help those that can't decide which of the two to vote for :

# KISS example videos :
- Rock and Roll All Night (1975)
- Detroit Rock City (1976)
- I Was Made for Loving You (1979)
- Sure Know Something (1979)
- Modern Day Delilah (2009)

# AEROSMITH example videos :
- Sweet Emotion (1975 - Video is re-issued 1991 version)
- Dude (Looks Like a Lady) (1987)
- Love in an Elevator (1989)
- Cryin' (1993)
- Jaded (2001)

Allright... let's start this 'BotB' revival! On your marks... 3... 2... 1... VOTE!!! =D

pain111
pain111
16 posts
Constable

lol the king of pop is michael no doubt ,so i think he is the best

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Kiss is an alright band, but there's no question that Aerosmith is better! Kiss has interesting stage antics, there's no doubt about that, but their music on its own isn't really that interesting! Aerosmith displays much more musical talent in all of their songs!

I have nothing against Kiss... they're just more visually appealing than musically!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Amazing. The one time you can't mess up from reading the OP and someone goes and reads the title. Go figure.

KISS is more of a musical franchise than anything. If they didn't have the makeup, the costumes, or Gene Simmons' tongue, they would not have lasted more than a few years. I've known about them since I was a kid, but until a few weeks ago, the only song of theirs I knew was "Rock and Roll All Night". To this day I have never once heard any of their songs on the radio.

Aerosmith, on the other hand, has spit out a handful of some of the greatest rock anthems of all-time. I have no idea why neither "Dream On" nor "Walk This Way" is included in the example videos, but Aerosmith is certainly one of the greatest and most influential rock groups---not franchises---of all-time.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'll take Aerosmith here. (or as spelled in a Rock Trivia game I just bought at a garage sale - Arrowsmith)

I like Tyler's vocals and Perry's guitar better than pretty much anything Kiss has put out. I do like a few Kiss songs, but other than that, they just seem like a band that would be much better live than not (I hope.. otherwise I just don't see them as much musically).

So my vote - Arrowsmith

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Yay! Nice to see that there's some new life given to the thread by simply starting it off with a classic battle! =)

Let's hope that with this battle, the thread has finally picked up where it left off and skyrockets again!

First score roundup shows a (to me) surprising lead! (o.O)

0 - KISS
-VS-
2 - AEROSMITH
-VS-
1 - ARROWSMITH

If I remember correctly, it was the other way around when this battle was first posted... I'd have to check, but... anyway, let's see if KISS makes it back alongside Aerosmith again!

Battle on! Vote on! Rock on! =D

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

How are you a golden Duke yet you post something like that? No offense, but that was way off target.

Anyways, I'm shooting for Aerosmith here. Their sound is iconic, and the band members actually know how to play their instruments, opposed to simply playing the same riffs over and over again for 4 minutes. The only things Kiss has is the merchandise, as previously noted. The only iconic song they've made was "Rock and Roll All Night." None of their other stuff sounds too different- you've heard one song, you've heard it all.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

If I remember correctly, it was the other way around when this battle was first posted...

You remember incorrectly. Aerosmith beat KISS 12-4 in the first battle.

How are you a golden Duke yet you post something like that?

Point-farmers don't tend to catch on to the ways of the forum right away. Aside from several thousand points, they really aren't usually much different from your average newbie.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Point-farmers don't tend to catch on to the ways of the forum right away. Aside from several thousand points, they really aren't usually much different from your average newbie.

Indeed. 1k+ comments and 2+ games rated seems a bit extreme to me. Anyways, I've seen worse.

Now I'd better shut up before I drag this off-topic.
Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith are rock legends. Kiss's music is usually very simplistic with nothing special about it, but Aerosmith is a truly legendary group because of their music, not because of their stage performances.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

I've tried, but I just can't find one Aerosmith song that I really like. Meanwhile, I can think of at least 3 Kiss songs that I love. At the top of the list is the song Beth. Not only is it a great song but it reminds of a girl I knew named Beth.

Beth gave me chlamydia and brought new meaning to that song. I have to vote for Kiss.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

' It's true that KISS always put much effort into their stage scene and apparel, they made a spectacle out of their shows, they franchised their music well... but isn't that part of being an artist too? A great Live performance is just as good as a great studio song.
' Also, I disagree that their music has nothing special. They did make some very neat songs, like those listed by MrDayCee and mentioned by Deth666. They certainly contributed to sensibilize more people to that kind of rock music, by shocking the prude parental generations of course but also thanks to their music.
' On the other hand, I never got into listening to Aerosmith much, although they're not really strangers to me anymore thanks to the band contests around here They do sound nice, but it hasn't been enough to root itself in my brain until now.

So I vote KISS. Haters gonna hate.

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

I've seen Kiss live...it was AMAZING. Aerosmith is a great band. But they aren't the hottest band in the world. I vote Kiss.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Ahhhh. Good to be back. Sorry for being gone so long, sometimes life happens . But before I post my first score update in eternity, my vote on the matter:
I love both bands; both are iconic and both should be in the rock and roll hall of fame. But my vote is based off of live performances. KISS is #1 when it comes to live shows, with fantastic performances of their songs to fire breathing, smoking guitars, and flying drum kits. And spitting blood. Aerosmith just can't claim that. And so, my vote goes to KISS.

And with that, the score is now:

4 - KISS
-VS-
5 - AEROSMITH

A close battle, keep the votes coming!

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
417 posts
Nomad

AEROSMITH

Hearing Steven Tyler sing is life-changing

Showing 3841-3855 of 4274