ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606898
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I think I'll take the Who here. I like the Doors, but I've always said I'd like them better if Jim Morrison would shut up. Case and point, my favorite song by them is Riders On The Storm.. But just the music part. The Who I actually never thought I liked until I heard a song, found out they sang it, rinse and repeat.

So because I prefer the Who's total package, my vote is for them.

Vote - Who

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Two more votes for The Who, which means they are widening the gap between them and The Doors! (o.O)

I think this battle will be one decided with a 10 vote maximum soon... but for now the score is set at:

7 - THE WHO
-VS-
1 - THE DOORS

Let's see if The Who is able to grab those 3 more votes before The Doors decide it's enough and pick up their arms to miraculously close the gap!

You decide people! Keep those votes coming!! =D

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

It doesn't look like there is any further interest for this battle, and there simply aren't enough people interested in this thread for The Doors to clench a lead at this point... perhaps it's time to post a new battle?

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

The Who are one of the greatest bands to walk the face of the earth. Comparing them to The Doors is an insult to rock and roll. I'm a lover of '60s rock and I don't happen to think that The Doors are that great a band. Jim Morrison died young while they were still famous, and now they're legends because of that.

If you're going to compare a fantastic band like The Who with someone worthy of comparison, I'd recommend you go with The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. Even Led Zeppelin would be a far more worthy opponent than The Doors.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

This battle has been dragged long enough, so we'll close it and move on to the next one!

First a final score roundup for the current battle:

8 - THE WHO - WINNER!
-VS-
1 - THE DOORS

Even though The Who didn't make it to a 10 vote sweep, they did show 'who' was the best of the two and showed the Doors, the door! LOL XD

Allright, next battle please! =)

Even though Armpit didn't post in on my profile or directly suggested the battle, I'll pick it up and post it here to see what the battle will turn out to be! So thank you for the battle suggestion Armpit! =)

The Battle of Britain : THE WHO -vs- THE ROLLING STONES

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8449/7944407734_73d571300c_b_d.jpg

Example videos for The Who:
# Baba O'riley
# Summertime Blues
# Pinball Wizard
# My Generation
# Substitute
# Who are You
# The Kids are Alright

Example videos for The Roling Stones:
# Paint It Black
# Brown Sugar
# Jumpin' Jack Flash
# It's All Over Now
# (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
# Sympathy For The Devil
# Start Me Up

Let the battle begin between two of the three bands described by Rolling Stone Magazine as "The holy trinity of British rock"!!

Ready... set... VOTE!!!

TennesseeBoy
TennesseeBoy
20 posts
Farmer

You can't be serious!? The Rolling Stones will never lose this battle! I gotta vote for The Rolling Stones, hands down.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Ha, i have to agree with TennesseBoy.
I love the Who, got a lot of love for them, but the Rolling Stones win, hands down. Their music is better, more enjoyable to listen to. The band itself is just..cooler.

Vote +1 for Rolling Stones.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

The Who is great, upbeat, melodic band, but TRS usually have far more thought-provoking, deep lyrics. Overall, The Stones get the vote, but I'd rather listen to Baba O'Riley anyday. That was way ahead of their time.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I don't know what it is about The Who, and although I do love me some Stones, The Who might just be my favorite all-around group from before the 80s! I can't explain what I love about them... maybe just because I heard them a lot during my childhood... but they truly are a great band and I love everything they've ever done!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

First batch of votes is in and since waluigi is busy at the moment, I'll state the first score roundup for this 'Battle of Britain' then! Let's see what it says :

1 - THE WHO
-VS-
2 - THE ROLLING STONES

It looks like the Rolling Stones have a 1 vote lead over The Who right now, so anything can happen! =)

@ TennesseeBoy : Sorry, but there's no reasoning to your vote other than that you feel like the Rolling Stones will win this battle hands down... please state one and I will expand their lead with 3 votes to 1 for you! Thanx!

Let's keep these votes coming people, because only 4 people entering a vote over the course of 4 days is a little thin and feels like this thread isn't getting the attention it deserves! =/

So... VOTERS WANTED!!! =D

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Incoming vote...

This is a tough choice for me. Both are great bands, but I guess it's all a matter of personal taste.

To be honest, I haven't listened to many songs by The Who. A pity, I know, but this is going to change from now on. One of the most relevant aspect in their music is the melody. Their songs are incredibly catchy and I just want to turn the volume up and get lost in the song. For me, this is something that current music lacks.

On the other hand, The Rolling Stones are an iconic band with such a flamboyant front man. Who on his right mind would come up on stage dressed in a pink suit? The one and only Mick Jagger, a great singer also. I think I need to listen to their songs more than a few times to fully enjoy them, which is actually something good because you can always find something new every time you listen to a song. Besides, this band was part of my childhood and their songs were constantly played in my house, though I wasn't really interested in them back then. However, their songs bring me such good memories...

For the first time, my vote is based on that nostalgic feeling, instead of the musical aspect. My vote goes to The Rolling Stones

CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

I'm going to have to go with The Stones on this one, soley because of their longevity. While it can't be helped that key members of The Who are dead (Keith Moon and John Entwistle), The Stones thrived for nearly 20 years, up about until the mid 80's. Most bands don't even last 10 years without some form of lineup change or split. Also, I firmly believe The Stones have had a bigger influence on the industry and current artists because of their longevity. The Who were a phenomenal band, but there's just something about their sound that just doesn't click with me. Although I believe that The Who have put on more EPIC songs, The Stones have put out more consistently good songs. Longevity and consistency trump everything. Let's not get it twisted here, if a crap band stayed together as long as The Stones, I wouldn't be saying this about them.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

And I'm back, for the time being. A little slow I see, but I'll add my vote before an update.

In all honesty, the Stones haven't really done that much for me. I've always been bored by them, and I've tried to listen to them for extended periods of time. The Who, on the other hand, never gets old for me. Roger's energy is amazing, even on the studio albums. Plus, as a bassist, John Entwistle is quite a roll model (behind Geddy Lee and Victor Wooten, of course). And the insanity that was Pete Townshend (spelled that wrong) and Kieth Moon...just amazing. I especially like the 'Tommy' album. Fantastic stuff.

And so the score now is:

2 - THE WHO
-VS-
4 - THE ROLLING STONES

Please, please, please, please, please. VOTE

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I guess I'd give my vote in this case to the Rolling Stones. Both of these are groups I never used to get into, but have appealed to my musical senses as of late. I love songs by both of them, but of all the songs between both the groups, Sympathy for the Devil is my favorite and therefore the reason that the Stones get my vote.

Vote - Rolling Stones

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Hmm...Well this seems to have stagnated. Sorry about not noticing it earlier. I suppose I'll have to dig out another battle. Expect it up within the next two days.

Showing 3886-3900 of 4274