ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606882
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

i dont know these bands at all but but i listened to both of them they both really suck so i guess rolling stones

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

@ hersheykissxoxo : No reasoning means your vote won't be counted... sorry! =/

@ BravoTangoRomeo1993 : There's not much of a reasoning in comparing the two best songs from both bands, but in order to be able to declare a winner, yours will be added. Mind you... next time some more elaboration , ok?

@ fries : You already stated that you hate both bands and ultimately voting for one of them without adding so much as a short reasoning is not valid. Sorry!

Final score count for the "Battle of Britain II"!!

4 - THE BEATLES - WINNER!
-VS-
3 - THE ROLLING STONES

---

Allright! It's time people... on with a new battle! I discussed it with waluigi already and we both decided that some battles from the past definitely deserve a second round in this competition and... again, this is one of them!!

Two bands from the famous 70's disco era, ready to shine their glittered boots, play some great tunes and make your swirl across that dance floor! So put on your afro, practice your smooth moves and be a John Travolta on a Saturday Night! =)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8116137242_a62b305ef5_z_d.jpg

And of course, here are some additional examples from each of the featured contestants to help those that can't decide which of the two to vote for :

# EARTH, WIND & FIRE example videos :
- Shining Star (1975)
- Fantasy (1977)
- September (1978)
- Boogie Wonderland(1979)
- Let's Groove (1981)

# COMMODORES example videos :
- Slippery When Wet (1975)
- Brick House (1977)
- High On Sunshine (1977)
- Sail On (1979)
- Nightshift (1985)

Allright... time to boogie on down and score that vote party people! VOTE!!! =D

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

My vote is for EWF. Their songs are more memorable for the era. It's what people think of when they think 70s and disco. Their songs were made for dancing.

116 posts
Nomad

Voting for EWF... Was pretty even but "Jupiter" took it for EWF

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Alright, time for my vote. I'm gonna go with EWF. I'd never heard much by either band, but I now want to get something by both after hearing that (although I'd say these borderline on funk). What gives it to EWF are the harmonies; they are truly amazing. How does on go about getting that many great singers in one group? Also, dat bass.

and now for a score update!

3- EWF
-VS-
0- Commodores

@582944114- I'll let it slide this time, but its a forum rule that you need a little more reasoning than that.

And finally, a big congratulations to MrDayCee on becoming a forum moderator! Cheers!

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I vote for EWF. They seem like they have a better vocal range, and their songs are catchier. The only song I like by the Commodores is Brick House, so that isn't enough for them to win my vote.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I am voting for EWF. I thought they were more interesting as far as lyrics go for me. I also agree with Waluigi that they do have some really fantastic harmonies as well.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

EW&F. They had groovy music videos, groovy beats, groovy look and groovy lyrics.

Let's groove.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I have to admit that I don't know many things about these two bands. Their names are familiar to me, but I'm not sure if I have listened to some of their songs before.

As some pointed out, the voices of EWF harmonize really well. Besides, the melodies of their song seem happier and I love the horn section. It definitely gives a special vibe to the songs. These are the main reasons why I vote for this band. I can't say much about the lyrics because I can only understand a few words and today I'm too lazy to look them up on Google, sorry.

So my vote goes to EWF.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Update: talking to a friend of mine about the song Let's Groove. She claimed it's bad. I am seriously considering cutting this friendship because of that. Well that and she's also a *****.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I clicked on all the songs thinking that I didn't know most of them... turned out every EWF song was familiar to me, I just didn't know them by name!

So with that, I vote for EWF because their music has clearly survived the test of time much better than that of the Commodores!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

When I listen to the Commodores, it just doesn't stick with me like EWF does. The Commodores do have that funky sound, but EWF is the funky sound. You just can't beat that.

My vote this round goes to Earth, Wind & Fire. The decision for me was elementary.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I could dance to EWF all night, assuming that I had a plan to disco dance or roller boogie all night. Shining Star captures the groove of the era better than almost any other song out there. When I listen to it, I feel like it's 1975 again, and I wasn't even born yet in 1975.

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

hmm never heard of it but i watched one on youtube i prefer earth wind and fire

BravoTangoRomeo1993
BravoTangoRomeo1993
9 posts
Nomad

ok, saw this post and was like "That's right up my alley!!". lol i grew up listening to 70's music with my father, so i know both groups very very well. but my vote goes to Earth, Wind, and Fire because,,, [clears throat] "After this pooooost is gone....wether i'm riiight or wrong, I wouldn't lead you on...my vote will stay the same...WHOA-OH-OH-OHH-OH-OH-OHHH!"

Showing 3916-3930 of 4274