ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606851
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Seems like Earth, Wind & Fire are killing The Commodores in this battle... clean sweep! (O.o)

@ fries : Really... that's as thin as a reasoning can get... so thin I have to exclude it from the count. Please put some effort when voting for the battles and write a little about your choice from now on, ok? Thanx!

@ BravoTangoRomeo1993 : Now that's an original reasoning! You get a +1 for that! =)

So, it's time for another (final) score count and -at the same time- a notification that a new battle will soon be posted...

11 - Earth, Wind & Fire - WINNER!
-VS-
0 - The Commodores

Next battle will be posted soon, I have to make the template first and discuss it with waluigi... hang on and check back!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

On with the next battle it is then! And since the Disco era was well visited, we decided to extend this with one more battle from the same era! Meet "Disco Fever - Part II"! Here's two more big guns from the era where it was all about the moves on the groove! Get that afro on and those shoes swirling!! =)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8485/8186357520_c6252ae303_z_d.jpg

As always... here are some additional examples from each of the featured contestants to help those that can't decide which of the two to vote for :

# THE BEE GEES example videos :
~ Jive Talkin' - 1975
~ Nights On Broadway - 1975
~ You Should Be Dancing - 1976
~ How Deep Is Your Love - 1977
~ Staying Alive - 1977
~ Night Fever - 1978
~ Tragedy - 1979

# K.C. & THE SUNSHINE BAND example videos :
~ Get Down Tonight - 1975
~ That's The Way (I Like It) - 1975
~ Shake Your Booty - 1976
~ I'm Your Boogie Man - 1977
~ Keep It Coming Love - 1977
~ Come To My Island - 1979
~ Please Don't Go - 1979

You know where the dancefloor is... time to boogie on down there and score that vote party people! VOTE!!! =D

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Songs like "Get Down Tonight" and "Shake Your Booty" are why I prefer KC to the BGs. Their music is simply more interesting. The melodies of their songs have more dance adrenaline than most Bee Gees songs.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Staying Alive and You Should Be Dancing rocks (I mean discoed)!
Also don't forget More Than a Woman.
Bee Gees FTW!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I've gotta go with Bee Gees. They're usually the first thing mentioned when the topic of disco comes up. Vocal talent like that is unmatched, other than perhaps by Brad Delp in More Than a Feeling (gives me chills). I'd rather get on the floor to Bee Gees than KC. I'd rather listen to You Should Be Dancing and Staying Alive than anything on the KC list.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Bee Gees. No contest. First band I was really into, and will always be.

Disco Baby!

RIP Robin RIP Maurice

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

At first, I thought I didn't know anything about K.C. & The Sunshine Band. When I clicked on the links, I realized that some of their songs were familiar to me. My knowledge of music is so good... What I like about this band is the horn section in their songs. It's great. Besides, the singer is always smiling in all of those videos... Never seen something like that before.

The first song by the Bee Gees that I listened to was "Staying alive". I was really surprised by that high-pitched falsetto. I thought a human being wasn't able to reach those notes. This is how I was slightly introduced to their music. It is, by far, much more appealing to me and it really makes me want to get up and dance. Besides, their harmonies are purely amazing.

So my vote goes to the Bee Gees.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

This competition thread really isn't rendering the attention and post count it used to receive... sad to see it happens, but I can't help it... =/

On with a score count then? =)

4 - The Bee Gees
-VS-
1 - K.C. & The Sunshine Band

Seems like the Bee Gees are smashing away at K.C. here... anyone else willing to help him get closer to them again? Or maybe you want the Bee Gees to definitely make a gap between them and K.C. & the Sunshine Band!

It's up to you... boogie on down here and state your vote! =D

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Bee Gees.

so you have time for this thread but not CRBWC?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

This battle is as good as over. How can you fight with the Disco Kings?

Kinda second this, but, take yer time mate.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

C'mon, give him a little time...
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I'm gonna have to go with the Bee Gees for this. Its hard to match the singing of those guys; it just puts them above the rest. Plus, the fact that they were able to make they're own version of Sgt. Peppers for the movie...

So, the Bee Gees get my vote.

Seeing as DayCee updated yesterday, I find it unnecessary to update now. Figures that the other mod shows up and doesn't have anything to do .

You have to keep in mind that the CRBWC takes awhile to set up. You have to figure out brackets and who takes on who to make a competitive battle. This, you take suggestions, post the battle, have a mod change the title, and you're on your way.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The Bee Gees.

In my opinion both bands SUCK as i'm not into retro disco... Or for that matter disco at all -_- But with Staying Alive The Bee Gees have won my vote. At least one of the songs is good. I'm more into retro rock lol ^^

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Oh jeez...I forgot about this. Its been too long since our last update. And seeing the amount of votes that have come in, I'd say a new battle is due. I'll have it up in the next few days, but man, I let this battle drag out way too long.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Time to end this battle: Final score:

5 - The Bee Gees
-VS-
1 - K.C. & The Sunshine Band

@idigit: you need reasoning for your vote to count.

now for a battle of country legends:

Johnny Cash vs. Waylon Jennings

Johnny Cash:
Folsom Prison Blues
Ring Of Fire
Walk The Line

Waylon Jennings:
Mental Revenge
Luckenback, Texas
Mommas Don't Let Their Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys

Let the battle begin!

Showing 3931-3945 of 4274